Here We (or "I") Go Again!!!! A note to other Soloists!!!

Hi fellow soloists!

I've been making mostly solo trips since our youngest graduated college in 2010. It was strange at first but I've really grown to love it! DH is NOT a Disney person and we're both thrilled with this solution.

I go 9/23-10/4 and will visit both WDW and UO. I'll have the DP for the first time. The idea of solo TS dining is a bit unnerving (another introvert here) but I'm determined!

So... I'm back at POP!
Yeah :mickeyjum for you. You should do a trip report. You could start now with your changes, your planning and things you learned from your first trip.

I'm very introverted
Maybe they should start a new form for us - Introverted Solos do WDW.

I am not going until after September of 2018 when my daughter transfers to the University :sad: It will be my first solo trip to WDW. I went with my sp needs daughter and mom 3 times. While we had fun, there was so much that I did not get to do. I was on the fence about going since my memories were with my daughter and mom, who is now gone, but I have been reading TheLittleKatie trip reports and it changed my mind. Looking forward to 2 days at Universal and the rest at WDW.

Yeah :mickeyjum for you. You should do a trip report. You could start now with your changes, your planning and things you learned from your first trip.

Maybe they should start a new form for us - Introverted Solos do WDW.

I am not going until after September of 2018 when my daughter transfers to the University :sad: It will be my first solo trip to WDW. I went with my sp needs daughter and mom 3 times. While we had fun, there was so much that I did not get to do. I was on the fence about going since my memories were with my daughter and mom, who is now gone, but I have been reading TheLittleKatie trip reports and it changed my mind. Looking forward to 2 days at Universal and the rest at WDW.

Yes. Def going to do a trip report!
Introverts rule! We stay out of trouble. lol.

Like the joke: "A good friend (introvert) will bail you out. Your best friend (perhaps extrovert?), is sitting beside you, saying "Dang, that was fun!!!".

Not that I would know anything about that!:smooth: :rolleyes1

Like the joke: "A good friend (introvert) will bail you out. Your best friend (perhaps extrovert?), is sitting beside you, saying "Dang, that was fun!!!".

Not that I would know anything about that!:smooth: :rolleyes1

Lol.
Definitely true for me! I am the friend who will bail you out! But I'll darned if I'll be in there in trouble with you! lol.

Last edited:

I'VE CHANGED RESORTS AGAIN! BACK AT POP!
For a total of 95 dollars more I got POP CENTURY on the same dates as my ALL STAR SPORTS. So my cart is now officially changed to POP! Whoo-hoo. I started watching THE ADVENTURES OF PEAS AND CARROTS You Tube Vlog Review on POP CENTURY. When they began doing the pros and cons - comparing it to ALL STAR and began to talk about the bus transportation.. I knew that I could no longer let a mere few dollars separate me from a more comfortable stay. I am not a diva about most things.. but I am a diva about bus transportation. So... I'm back at POP!
Pop is my go-to solo resort. The transportation is way better IMO than the All Stars: you can take either Pop or AoA's bus back from parks! A nice walk through the AoA building, over the bridge, to Pop. And you can stop to get dinner/snack/whatever at the great food court at AoA on the way. And its closer to the parks other than AK, so shorter bus rides. And, well, who doesn't want to hustle sometimes?!

Pop is my go-to solo resort. The transportation is way better IMO than the All Stars: you can take either Pop or AoA's bus back from parks! A nice walk through the AoA building, over the bridge, to Pop. And you can stop to get dinner/snack/whatever at the great food court at AoA on the way. And its closer to the parks other than AK, so shorter bus rides. And, well, who doesn't want to hustle sometimes?!

Yes, I look forward to going to AOA this time. It's on my itinerary. Going to post my itinerary soon. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at POP in 2015 and the bus service was great. Bus service means a lot to me.

I'll have the DP for the first time. The idea of solo TS dining is a bit unnerving (another introvert here) but I'm determined!
Don't worry, they won't seat you at a table where a family already is, you'll get your very own one. You can do it!

Doing my second solo trip this year, in September(my first was an impromptu trip to Blizzard Beach a mere 3 weeks ago), and planning is tough. I know I am going to hit MK for a full day plus for the MNSSHP(I am in particular looking for certain experiences) and Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival(just booth hopping to get my bearings this year). On top of that this will be my first camping trip(I have a huge tent for for this lonely Southern Gentleman). Just having trouble figuring out the rest of the time. It's gonna be a blast though.

Solo trips are so intimidating to me and I have not braved one yet. At the same time, its really hard for me to get anyone to go with as I'm the only Disney nut in my circle. Its encouraging to read these reports/plans of confident soloists! Maybe someday :)

Solo trips are so intimidating to me and I have not braved one yet. At the same time, its really hard for me to get anyone to go with as I'm the only Disney nut in my circle. Its encouraging to read these reports/plans of confident soloists! Maybe someday :)

I have only ever been to any Disney park (a water park in fact), and found everyone to be extremely welcoming. Sure, you may run into the occasional person who is entitled or rude, but generally people just want to enjoy their day. I was actually on the lazy river taking a call on my cell phone....family member so I couldn't just ignore it. It really was relaxed and fun. You'll miss out on a few rides and company for meals, but that is pretty much the main differences. The cast members were great.

I was in exactly the same place before my first trip, it was only the thought of losing the $1200 DVC rental that got me to try it. I was super nervous and will admit to having an awkward moment or two but it wasn't bad enough to stop me from doing many, many solo trips since.

Like you I don't really have another Disney nut friend or family member who is willing to go so often. DH dislikes all theme parks and I seem to be attracted to beachy/shopping trip friends. DD was my Disney buddy but she had the nerve to grow up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter