Here's the thread to post requests for pre-cruise postcards for children

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpgclark

<font color=339900>There's nothing hum drum about
This is the new permanent thread to post requests for postcards from Minnie, Mickey or any other character ;) to be sent to children going on cruises. Many of us have extra postcards which we can send to the children in anticipation of a great vacation. What you need to do is post your request here. Someone who has a postcard will reply to you saying they can mail out a postcard. You will then contact each other via PM's so that the address may be exchanged. Feel free to request a certain character sign the card or a certain message if desired. Let the requests begin!

I would like to request a post card. But, would it be possible to fill in the postcard and then mail it in an envelope? I will have a CM give it to them while we are at WDW as a surprise. Thanks

Originally posted by PRINCESS VIJA
I would like to request a post card. But, would it be possible to fill in the postcard and then mail it in an envelope? I will have a CM give it to them while we are at WDW as a surprise. Thanks

That wouldn't be a problem at all, PM me the info and I will take take of your request.

I think this is a great idea.
We are going on April 17,2004.
My DD (6) would love to get a postcard from a Disney charecter, a princess would blow her mind.
Thank you

Send me a PM with your name/address and I'll be happy to send it out.

If anyone needs a FL postmark for older children who might take notice of such a detail, please feel free to contact me. Several DISers have already sent me cards to mail out, and I'm happy to help!:sunny:

My little girls received their postcard this week. They did not know we were going on the cruise in January and they were awed that they were going and that Mickey invited them with a postcard. It was priceless and thank you very much.

Will bring back more postcards so others can enjoy this magic.

Thanks for sharing the Magic, that's what we like to hear!!!

We are on the 2/7/04 Eastern and I would love to surprise my kids and our friends kids (surprise their parents too!) with a post card.

So if someone is willing to send a postcard to 2 families (1 postcard to each family) That would be great!

Thanks

Originally posted by berly1657
We are on the 2/7/04 Eastern and I would love to surprise my kids and our friends kids (surprise their parents too!) with a post card.

So if someone is willing to send a postcard to 2 families (1 postcard to each family) That would be great!

Thanks

Send me an e-mail or a PM, with the info needed, and the postcards will be on their way.

We are also going on the Magic 7 day eastern in 2004! If it's possible, my 2 DD's 10 and 7 would be soo excited to get a postcard in the mail! Thank you!!

Denyse

Just send me a PM with your address and it will be on its way!

Also, Amtmommy I haven't received a message from you yet regarding your address.

KPGClark,
Thanks for the quick reply, I was gone for a couple of days.
What's a PM?
and how do I send it to you.

Can you tell I am a newbie.

Thanks again

I sent you a PM (private message) with directions, but in case you don't see it just press the button that reads PM under where someone has posted. A screen will appear for you to send a message to that person.

If anyone needs one mailed out from CC let know by Tuesday night as we will fly out Wed right after work. I will be happy to send them to whoever wants one.

Arrived Saturday and we orchestrated the event today. Wanted to let everyone else know too -- I sent Andy this earlier.

The trick was to have them (4 kids -- 13, 11, 6 and 5) all around when the mail came in. We made up a somewhat believable scenario that I needed them to help me with a skit for one of my upcoming Sunday School lessons -- that happens about once a month so they just went along. The reaction was just what we expected -- I handed over the bundle of mail to my oldest daughter who flipped through all of the typical junk then stopped when she saw the postcard. She said -- "hey, what's this?" Then she read to herself and started saying -- "What, what -- we're going on a cruise? Guys -- we're going on a cruise!!!!" Scott grabbed the postcard like any normal brother would do then read it outloud to his little sisters. Scott, being the techie that he is, then yelled -- "come on everyone -- let's check out the ship" and they then ran out of the room to the computer and hit the Disney Cruise web site and spent about 25 mins looking at pictures, reading the activities, etc.

Thanks again -- I know my oldest who is a saver will have this postcard for a long time -- right now it's in the place of honor in our household -- the refrigerator door.

Thanks much

Andy
:bounce: :bounce:

Andy,

Thanks for sharing your story, reading a story like that makes it all worth it!!!

I'm sitting here with the biggest :D on my face!!!

When you return from your cruise, you will have to let us know how it went.

I have two postcards that I can send to someone. Just send me an e-mail with the details of what you want to card to say and I will get it out.

Patti

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter