Hertz - skip the counter?

Heather Mason

Earning My Ears
Does Hertz offer skip the counter at MCO? I have always used Alamo, but have found a cheaper vehicle at Hertz. How is the rental experience through Hertz? We have always had easy pick up and drop offs with Alamo and am nervous to try something new. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Yes! but you have to be a HERTZ rewards member. when you arrive there, you will go down to where you would pick up MDE and proceed to the parking garage. Follow the signs and you will take the escalator to the 2nd floor and you will see a board with your name on it and space location for your vehicle.

Does Hertz offer skip the counter at MCO? I have always used Alamo, but have found a cheaper vehicle at Hertz. How is the rental experience through Hertz? We have always had easy pick up and drop offs with Alamo and am nervous to try something new. Any feedback would be appreciated!

If you become a Hertz Gold Member, you can skip the counter and go directly to your car. A car will sometimes be assigned ("Go to Space 57 to you Nissan Altima") or you can pick a any car from the Gold section.

It's free to join and definitely worth the benefits:
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards

I have an upcoming Hertz rental next week. One of my confirmation emails stated at MCO there was no Gold section. It also mentioned only one of two locations were open at MCO. Usually, there is s Hertz counter in both terminals. On their website it indicated Gold was coming to MCO July-Sept. Maybe it's delayed due to COVID. Not sure when your trip is but I can give you an update next week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201106-082524_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201106-082524_Chrome.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 16

I have an upcoming Hertz rental next week. One of my confirmation emails stated at MCO there was no Gold section. It also mentioned only one of two locations were open at MCO. Usually, there is s Hertz counter in both terminals. On their website it indicated Gold was coming to MCO July-Sept. Maybe it's delayed due to COVID. Not sure when your trip is but I can give you an update next week.
Thanks. I thought I heard only the A Terminal is open for rental cars? We leave November 17. Enjoy your trip!

I was there two weeks ago, it is only on one side, whichever side it is SW is on. My paperwork told me to go to the counter, when I got to the counter they sent me straight to the garage. My name was on the sign with the stall number of the vehicle. Drive out and they scan your DL and the VIN, hand you a receipt and you're on your way.

My Hertz reservation is pay at the counter for some reason. Is there a way to pay ahead of time?

Not that I am aware of, but why would you want to? If your rate is locked in, why give them money early?

I wasn't sure if it would save me time and quarantee I have a car.
Nothing is going to guarantee that you have a car. If they are sold out and a vehicle doesn't come back or is out for a mechanical reason, someone is not getting a car. Whether the reservation is pre paid or post paid doesn't figure in.

As long as your online profile is complete it's not going to save you any time. The rental charges will be charged against the card on file after you return. I do not know if they put an authorization charge on the card before you leave with the vehicle.

We have an up coming trip and wondering if you were able to use the Gold Section in Terminal A? Any info is very helpful. I hope you had a good trip.

We rented from Hertz in Jan and Feb and the Gold Member area is open on the A side. All cars are only rented on the A side right now.

My Hertz reservation is pay at the counter for some reason. Is there a way to pay ahead of time?
So did you end up having to go the counter? I have a reservation that says the same thing as yours, go to the counter, even though I'm a gold plus member.

Following - what are people’s recent experiences?
I usually go with Alamo and love the skip the counter option
Is this possible with Hertz (we would save more than 100$ AND get a better vehicle with Hertz...)

I'm following along as well..we're going in August, first time with Hertz, some people are saying they can go straight to garage if you're a gold member, but a few people stated if it's your first time renting you need to go to counter.

I'm following along as well..we're going in August, first time with Hertz, some people are saying they can go straight to garage if you're a gold member, but a few people stated if it's your first time renting you need to go to counter.
Have you ever rented from Hertz before? That seems to be the common denominator as to whether you have to stop at the counter or not. I would do this, go out to the rental garage and see if your name is on the board. If it is you're all set, if it's not there is a Gold Club counter next to the board that should have a shorter line than the one in the terminal I'm guessing they would just need to see your license and credit card.

sounds like a good plan! Getting in on a Sunday morning, so hopefully not too busy-Maybe while my husband and son are collecting the luggage, I can run over and check it out-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter