Hey! How about a CHEESECAKE thread???

luvstiggertoo

<font color=green>DIS'ing at work!!<br><font color
Don't know if this has been done before but how about starting a thread with our favorite cheesecake recipes. There are so many out there.

Here's one of my favorites!!!

FUDGE TRUFFLE CHEESECAKE

1 ½ c. vanilla wafer crumbs
½ c. powdered sugar
1/3 c. Hershey’s cocoa
1/3 c. melted butter

Combine all ingredients. Press in bottom of 9” springform pan. Set aside

12 oz. pkg. Semisweet chocolate chips
3 (8 oz.) pkgs. Cream cheese, softened
14 oz. can condensed milk
4 eggs
2t. vanilla

In saucepan, melt chips. In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk. Add melted chips and remaining ingredients. Pour over crust. Bake at 300 degrees for 65 minutes or until center is set.

ENJOY!!! Who's next?

Here's our favorite "different" cheesecake for the summertime...of course the good old fashioned cheescake is always the best... :D

Key Lime Cheesecake

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 1/4 pounds cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 eggs
3/4 cup key lime juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

1 To make Crust: In a bowl stir together the graham cracker crumbs and 2 tablespoons sugar, stir in the butter well. Pat the mixture into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the side of a buttered 10 inch springform pan and bake the crust in a preheated 375 degree F (190 degree C) oven for 8 minutes. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool.
2 In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth, beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream, flour, lime juice and vanilla. Beat the mixture until it is smooth.
3 Pour the filling over the crust. Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, reduce the temperature to 250 degrees and bake for 50 to 55 minutes longer, or until center is barely set. Let the cheesecake cool on a rack, then chill it, covered, overnight. Remove the cheesecake from the pan and transfer it to a cake stand.

YUMMMM!!! That sound good!
We love Key Lime Pie and we love Cheesecake...what a great combo!

OHHHH cheesecakes - you guys are going to make dieting impossible aren't you?

Carrot Cake Cheesecake-Cheesecake Factory

CHEESECAKE:
2 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese, room temp
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon flour
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla

CARROT CAKE:
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Dash salt
1 can (8 1/2 oz) crushed pineapple packed in juice, well-drained and juice reserved
1 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup flaked or shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

PINEAPPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
2 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice
Dash salt

To make cheesecake, in large bowl of electric mixer, beat together 2 pkgs cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in 1 tablespoon flour, 3 eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
Meanwhile prepare Carrot Cake: In large bowl, combine oil, 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla, blending thoroughly. Stir in 1 cup flour, baking soda, cinnamon and dash salt, mixing well. Stir in drained pineapple, carrots, coconut and walnuts.
Spread 1 1/2 cups carrot cake batter over bottom of greased 9-or 9 1/2-inch springform pan. Drop large spoonfuls of cream cheese batter over carrot cake batter; top with large spoonfuls of remaining carrot cake batter. Repeat with remaining cream cheese batter, spreading evenly with a knife. Do not marble with a knife.
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 50 to 65 minutes or until cake is set and cooked through. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.
When cake is cold, prepare Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting. In a bowl of electric mixer, combine 2 oz cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice and dash of salt. Beat until smooth and of spreading consistency. Frost top of cheesecake. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours before serving. Makes 1 (9-or 9 1/2-inch) cheesecake.

an already to serve graham cracker crust.......

in a bowl.......soften one pkg of cream cheese.....16 0z....
and a 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk.......
1/3 cup of lemon juice.......
one teaspoon of vanilla......
mix it all together on medium speed and pour into pie crust.....lick the bowl......

when it is time to eat.....an hour or so later......top with canned blueberries (my favorite)......or cherries.....or some type of fruit....this is so rich......people will think you went all out........

OMG!!!!!!!!The carrot-cheesecake one sounds sooooooo good.
Can't wait to try it. Two of my favorites together..The carrot cake sounds like the one I make and it is really good.

I have a wonderful recipe for a white chocolate chunk macadamia nut cheesecake if anyone is interested. It won the million dollar prize one year from the bake-off contest. It's kind of long, but if anyone is interested I would be happy to print it for you.

Pumba, that's almost my key lime recipe.

All you change is the lemon juice to lime. :D Serve it frozen on a hot day and people drool. :D:D

I'll second that request for the white chocolate chunk macadamia nut cheesecake recipe. Post it please.

Thanks!

Has anyone tried the Raspberry Cheesecake at Chef Mickeys??? Oh my gosh, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. I would give anything to find that recipe. I looked in cookbooks while we were there but never saw it. Could one of you cheesecake nuts help me?????

Thanks

Okay, this cheesecake is very easy to make and it's DECADENT!

- 1 pkg. fudge brownie mix (8 in. sq. pan size)
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) caramels (Hershey brand is best)
- 1/4 c. evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 c. coarsley chopped pecans
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 squares (1 oz. each) semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 squares (1 oz. each) unsweetened chocolate, melted

Prepare brownie batter according to pkg. directions. Spread into greased 9 in. springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 mins. Cool for 10 mins. on wire rack. Meanwhile, melt caramels with evap. milk (I do it in the microwave). Pour melted caramel mixture over brownie crust. sprinkle with pecans. In mixing bowl, combine cream cheese & sugar; mix well. Add eggs, beating on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted chocolates. Pour over pecans. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 mins. or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack for 10 mins. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool complete. Chill overnight. Remove sides of pan before serving.

Oh! I'm sorry guys, I completely forgot to dig out that recipe. I will do it as soon as I get a chance this evening. Also, I will post the new cheesecake I made last Saturday. It's a 5 layer vanilla bean cheesecake with fresh raspberries and blueberries. It was fabulous! The crust was made of crushed shortbread cookies and macadamia nuts.

Here's the recipe you requested:

Philly Hall of Fame White Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cheesecake

Crust:

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
4 (1-oz.) squares white baking chocoalte, grated
1 egg, beaten

Filling:

12 (1-oz.) squares white baking chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
4 eggs

To make the crust: Combine flour and sugar, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in remaining ingredients, mix well. Press onto bottom and up sides of 10 in. springform pan. Chill. (DO NOT BAKE)

To make the filling: Combine white chocolate and whipping cream in top of double boiler. Cook over simmering water until chocolate is melted. Stir in vanilla, keep warm...
Combine cream cheese and milk, mixing at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in chocolate mixture, mix well.

pour over crust. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Loosen cake from rim of pan, cool before removing rim of pan. Chill. Garnish with crushed macadamia nuts, chocolate curls and whipped cream. Serves 12 to 14.

Thank you Jeafl for posting that recipe. (Did you get my PM by the way?) Now you know we are all waiting for that 5 layer one! LOL

Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with Raspberries and Blueberries

Begin preparing it a day before serving!

For crust:

1 1/2 cups ground shortbread cookies
1 cup whole macadamia or hazelnuts, toasted
1/4 cup sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For filling:

2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
3 (8-oz) cream cheese bricks, at room temp.
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 large eggs

2 (6-oz.) baskets raspberries
2 (6-oz.) baskets blueberries
1 tablespoon cornstarch

For topping:

1 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

1/3 c. seedless raspberry jam

Make crust:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Finely grind ground cookies, nuts and sugar in processor. Add butter and vanilla until moist crumbs form. Press onto bottom and sides of a 9-in. diameter springform pan with 2 3/4 in. sides. Wrap outside of pan with foil. Bake until crust is light golden, about 15 minutes. Cool. Maintain oven temperature.

Make filling:
Split vanilla beans and scrape seeds into heavy small saucepan with a small sharp knife. Add the rest of the bean. Add cream and bring to a boil. Cool. Discard beans.

Using electric mixer or processor beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Add vanilla cream mixture and vanilla extract. Beat until blended. Beat in eggs one at a time.

Gently mix 1 basket raspberries, 1 basket blueberries and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Pour 2/3 of filling over crust. Sprinkle berry mixture over filling. Pour remaining filling over berries to cover. Bake until cake is golden and small cracks form around edges, but still moves slightly in the center when pan is shaken. (About 1 hour 10 minutes). Let cool, cake will fall a little.

Make topping:
Mix sour cream, sugar and vanilla in small bowl to blend.

Gently press down any raised edges of cake. Spoon sour cream topping mixture evenly over cake. Bake 10 minutes. Cool cake then refrigerate ovrnight. (Can be prepared up to 2 days ahead--keep refrigerated).

Melt jam in microwave or small saucepan. Brush jam over top of cake. Arrange remaining berries in a nice pattern over top of cake. Gently brush berries with remaining jam (this will give a glossy appearance). Can be finished up to 8 hours before serving.

Run small sharp knife around pan sides to loosen cake. Remove pan sides. Serves 10-12.

Big thank you to everyone who posted cheesecake recipes! They all look great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter