• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hey, may I ask you a question....

JZCubed

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
May I ask you a question - is there a food/food experience that you enjoy at home that reminds you of being at Disney?

Since I'm partial to Mickey Bars, I find a Haagen Daz-on-a-Stick is a reasonable substitute.

Of course, there is nothing about the commercial brand that tastes as good as Mickey's Ears. Nothing.

Is there a non-Disney food experience that you have that reminds you of (being at) Disney?

By the way - the smell of buttered popcorn.....a cold french fry.....a pineapple smoothie (that's not a Dole Whip)....can all be a trigger for your food experience.....

Do you have one to share?

Here's one: take some instant eggs (not a brand name, like Eggbeaters - go generic), scramble them up and leave them on the stove just a bit too long. Let sit all day after breakfast. Promptly cover and refrigerate at dinner time. Next morning, reheat in the microwave - finding the ideal cooking time and then adding or subtracting 30 seconds to undercook or overcook to your preference. Do not add any seasoning to flavor. On that first bite, I'm like Anton Ego sampling Remy's ratatouille and am instantly transported back in time to my BoG breakfast. Sometimes I'll even dim the lights and close the shades to emulate the West Wing and it's like I'm there. (The eggs are pretty awful, folks - but the breakfast meats and pastries make up a lot of ground).

Now if someone can recreate POG juice at home - that I want to hear. (Despite my sarcasm, this is a good thread - looking forward to the responses).

Here's one: take some instant eggs (not a brand name, like Eggbeaters - go generic), scramble them up and leave them on the stove just a bit too long. Let sit all day after breakfast. Promptly cover and refrigerate at dinner time. Next morning, reheat in the microwave - finding the ideal cooking time and then adding or subtracting 30 seconds to undercook or overcook to your preference. Do not add any seasoning to flavor. On that first bite, I'm like Anton Ego sampling Remy's ratatouille and am instantly transported back in time to my BoG breakfast. Sometimes I'll even dim the lights and close the shades to emulate the West Wing and it's like I'm there. (The eggs are pretty awful, folks - but the breakfast meats and pastries make up a lot of ground).

Now if someone can recreate POG juice at home - that I want to hear. (Despite my sarcasm, this is a good thread - looking forward to the responses).
:laughing::laughing::rotfl2::rotfl2:

1) It is almost being on the beach in Maui.
2) TrustTheScupper . . .
. . . passion fruit juice
. . . orange juice
. . . guava juice
You can start by mixing two parts passion fruit juice,two parts guava juice, one part orange juice.
Take a sip to test for tartness, then add more orange juice if preferred.
Usually, a 1:1:1 ratio is better, with equal parts of passion fruit, orange, guava juice.
Garnish with orange slices or a tropical umbrella.

hawaiiian-pog-juice-recipe-5.jpg

NOTE: If passion fruit is not available, expect some truly unsatisfactory results.

There's a frozen yogurt place near my house that sells Dole Whips - had one tonight
Whole Foods bakery sells a big pretzel almost identical to the ones sold at Germany at Epcot (for less than half the price of course)
Wawa sells the blue fanta slushies that are the same as the one I usually buy at AK - just need a paper straw and it would be identical :)

Oh my. Yes! The eggs at BOG are simply horrible, but my daughter loves the French toast. So we will eat there again this trip. I honestly thought I was getting sick when I tasted the eggs, but the other food tasted fine.

1) It is almost being on the beach in Maui.
2) TrustTheScupper . . .
. . . passion fruit juice
. . . orange juice
. . . guava juice
You can start by mixing two parts passion fruit juice,two parts guava juice, one part orange juice.
Take a sip to test for tartness, then add more orange juice if preferred.
Usually, a 1:1:1 ratio is better, with equal parts of passion fruit, orange, guava juice.
Garnish with orange slices or a tropical umbrella.

hawaiiian-pog-juice-recipe-5.jpg

NOTE: If passion fruit is not available, expect some truly unsatisfactory results.
Most any drink with an Umbrella tastes better....like Ears on an ice cream bar....

Magical Star Cocktail...

...at 1/5th of the price! I like doing this around the holidays when there's a fire in the fireplace and lots of other pretty glowing lights and candles around...also a great drink to serve when you're announcing that you're going back to WDW on a surprise trip... :)

2 Tbsp Pineapple Juice
2 Tbsp Coconut Rum (Capt. Morgan Parrot Bay is best but Malibu works fine)
2 Tbsp X-Rated Fusion Liquor (easier to find than you'd think -- it's at your local liquor store)
1 Glow Cube (Can get them from Amazon -- find the ones with the push-button, they're way better than the liquid-activated kind)

Turn the glow cube on and place it in a glass (I like wine glasses or brandy snifters `cause I'm classy AF!)
Put a large handful of ice into a drink shaker.
Add all your liquids to the shaker.
Shake. Shake it a lot; shake it hard. (What'd you think we were gonna do with the "shaker"?)
Pour into glass and bury that glow-cube in real ice for the best effect.
Take a picture of your pretty glowing drinks and put them on social media because it didn't happen if there's no proof.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter