Hey Mom, Do I get to be the line leader again? A PTR…(My TR has started! - 6/1)

Brave teacher

DIS Veteran
So what do you do when your kids have their best trip to Disney World ever and want to go back now? You plan another trip! :cool1:

I have lurked on several pre-trip reports in the past. I have even commented on a few. I have said that I would take on this task of writing one for myself. Finally, I will complete that task. Behold my very first pre-trip report.

In this PTR, you will learn about my family, our upcoming trip, and a little bit of flashing back to our previous trips.

So knowing this, I invite you all to grab a snack, maybe a beverage of sorts, and come along for the ride.

Introduction

Let me introduce you to our cast.

My name is Megan. I am a 30 year old wife and mother. I am a high school Free Enterprise teacher. My first trip to WDW was when I was 3 years old. I fell off of a safety swing while wearing my wet swimsuit before the safety bar was in place and broke my jaw. My mom felt so guilty since she was the one who pulled the swing back too early that she asked me what she could do to make me feel better once I got out of surgery. My response? I want to go to WDW. A new love was born on that trip. Since I am the second of five children, WDW was always then out of my parents’ price range to return with all of us again.

My DH is Bryan. He is 32 years old and is a local small business owner. He did not start out with the same love for WDW as I did. When we got married, he agreed to go to WDW for our honeymoon. However, he said that he was okay without going back again until we had children after that trip. We brought our first son in 2006 while I was pregnant, and he fell in love on our first day.

My oldest son is named Samuel. He is six years old and in kindergarten. When we brought him to WDW in 2006, the idea was that he would get to have one trip as just the three of us since I was 5 months pregnant with my second son at that time. He was hooked within the first hour of our first day. I remember watching the look of awe on his face watching Festival of the Lion King for the first time. He was just amazed. That has been his one favorite show in all of WDW from that day. Sam is the cautious child.

My youngest son is named Cooper. He just turned three and hopes for the day that he gets his spider powers like Spiderman. Yes, my child hopes to be bitten by a spider one day soon (specifically a blue and red spider). Sometimes my DH and I swear that he is allergic to WDW. He has been there 3 times and two of those times he ended up at Centra Care. The doctor actually remembered us a year after the first visit. He has his fingers crossed that he grows 3 inches by the time our trip rolls around. He is itching to ride Test Track and Big Thunder. He is my thrill seeker.

And, just so you have a visual to go with all of that, here is a picture of us from the first day of our last trip this summer.

DSC00839_edited-1.jpg

Here’s to hoping the readers show up!

Hi Megan. I'll read along with this PTR. I can't wait to hear some plans. When ya going? Where ya staying?

You're boys are super cute. I kinda want Cooper to get his spidey powers but yet I don't want him to get bit by a spider. Kids are funny.

Ty

Hi Megan. I'll read along with this PTR. I can't wait to hear some plans. When ya going? Where ya staying?

You're boys are super cute. I kinda want Cooper to get his spidey powers but yet I don't want him to get bit by a spider. Kids are funny.

Ty

Yeah! I have someone reading! All the details are coming up. Thanks for the compliment on the boys. I tend to think they are cute as well, but I am somewhat biased. He is still searching for that spider though. He certainly likes to try to do super spider jumps as he calls him. I am constantly pulling Cooper off of furniture because he is trying to "jump far like Spider-Man".

Hey! I found you. I am in. You have a great looking family.

Please tell Cooper "Great power comes with great responsibilities!" ;)

I followed your link from the May 2010 thread. We're going to be there May 5-12 for our first trip! I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip plans. :goodvibes

Hey! I found you. I am in. You have a great looking family.

Please tell Cooper "Great power comes with great responsibilities!" ;)

Thanks for hopping on to read! I certainly will let him know. I am sure his response will be "That's what Peter Parker's Uncle Ben says".

You KNOW I'm here!!! Can't wait to read more!!!!

popcorn::

I was curious to see how long it would take for you to come this way. You'll show up a time or two. Now where is your wife?

I followed your link from the May 2010 thread. We're going to be there May 5-12 for our first trip! I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip plans. :goodvibes

Thanks for joining in over here! Gosh! I remember my first trip as an adult with Bryan. I had so much fun! I can't wait to share all of my plans with you.

I'll post the next installment in a few minutes. I need to go clean up a little. My dog just threw up on my floor. Fun stuff, huh!:sad2:

Dog vomit is all clean, so I can now post this update.

The Details Begin
As a gift for Mother’s Day last year, my DH bought me a 200 point DVC contract. Our home resort is AKV (specifically Kidani Village). I was beyond ecstatic that day. Our points were not available for usage until this May, so we were given developer points to use in the meantime. We took our first DVC trip to SSR in February for Mardi Gras. Our second trip was in May/June this year staying at our new home. We absolutely fell in love as we pulled up to the resort.

DSC00741.jpg

Before that first DVC trip in February had occurred, we had decided that our next trip after the summer one would be during February again in 2010. We knew that Mardi Gras fell the same week as President’s Week, but we thought that since we had plans to go every year using our points the crowds didn’t matter. We booked our trip for February 13th-19th staying in a one bedroom savannah view at Kidani Village. Everyone was happy, and we would get another trip on our annual passes.

So, what happened?

I love AKV!!! Nice shot of you and the boys...

*Raising hand*.. I know.. I know.. I know what happened!!!!

I love AKV!!! Nice shot of you and the boys...

*Raising hand*.. I know.. I know.. I know what happened!!!!

Thanks! I know you know what happened. A lot of this you will already know. You, Alisa, and the boys might even show up at one time or another. BTW, I am taking a personal day tomorrow. There's a family picnic at St. Bernadette, so I will be going to Sam's school for some time tomorrow.

As we were watching Randy's DVD from the trip this past summer for the 5,oooth time, Sam asked if he would be tall enough to go on Crush'N Gusher with Bryan. I whipped out the tape measure. Sam is measuring in at 45.5" tall barefoot. Cooper is 37" barefoot (38" in his tennis shoes/crocs). Both of my boys have high hopes of going on certain attractions with height requirements. I have a feeling Cooper will reach that 40" mark easily, but Sam is a toss up. He'll be fine as long as he hits a growth spurt sometime between now and the end of May. Keeping our fingers crossed over here.

Saw your post on someone else's TR and decided to come on over. What a great Mother's Day gift! DVC is awesome...our home resort is SSR. So cool yours is AKV/Kidani Village! We might be staying there in April if everything works out. :thumbsup2

That is funny your youngest son is the thrill seeker. That's exactly how my youngest sister is! The first time she went on BTMRR she came off screaming and crying because she wanted to go on again! :laughing: It's because of her we've all gotten a little bit braver and done all the bigger thrill rides.

Glad the boys are enjoying the Vacation DVD!!! I made it for just that reason! That and the classic shot of you coming down the slide.. but I digress....

Waiting for more.....

Saw your post on someone else's TR and decided to come on over. What a great Mother's Day gift! DVC is awesome...our home resort is SSR. So cool yours is AKV/Kidani Village! We might be staying there in April if everything works out. :thumbsup2

That is funny your youngest son is the thrill seeker. That's exactly how my youngest sister is! The first time she went on BTMRR she came off screaming and crying because she wanted to go on again! :laughing: It's because of her we've all gotten a little bit braver and done all the bigger thrill rides.

Thanks for stopping by to read up on our next trip! I total agree. It was a FABULOUS gift. Bryan got lots of brownie popints for that one. We stayed at SSR for Mardi Gras. We thought it was a very nice resort, but we like everything under one roof. As far as Cooper being the thrill-seeker, Bryan thinks it is partially our fault. We were very cautious with Sam since he was the first child. When we had Cooper, we were much more lenient with things because of our experience. Sam is getting braver every trip though.

Glad the boys are enjoying the Vacation DVD!!! I made it for just that reason! That and the classic shot of you coming down the slide.. but I digress....

Waiting for more.....

There's enjoying the video, and there's being obssessed with the video. Cooper asks to see "Mr. Randy's video game" every day when I pick him up from school. We will not discuss that picture everytime we mention the video.

Next update coming...

Bryan and I began looking at our restaurant picks for ADRs and talking about what we wanted to do this trip. In the midst of this discussion, Samuel mentioned to Bryan that he really wanted to go back to Blizzard Beach again this trip. Now, we have gone to WDW twice in February. One of those trips it was just as hot as it is in the summer. The second trip was cool in the morning and warm in the afternoon – way too cool for a visit to a water park. At that point, we started looking at alternative dates for us.

We considered Easter, but we did that week in 2006. Neither one of us wanted to repeat that week again. The next option was once school let out for the summer. Looking at the school calendar, my last day of school was May 21st. Sam’s last day of Kindergarten was May 7th, so the last week of May became the most likely option for us. The bonus for us…we had some friends that were going during the very same week. :thumbsup2 We have spent time with these friends for the last three trips. They have a son the same age as Sam, so it just made sense.

Meet the Boquets.

Chase and Zach

DSC00842.jpg

Randy with Cooper at the MK at RD (That's Coach81)

DSC01031.jpg

Alisa, myself, and Cooper at the Star Wars parade

DSC00841.jpg

The official time now – May 22nd-28th at Kidani Village in a savanna view one bedroom.:woohoo::woohoo:

Next time...where to eat...

We ordered our tickets this evening for us to go watch Toy Story in New Orleans tomorrow. I was talking to Cooper earlier. I asked him where we were going tomorrow. He started saying "Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Mickey's House, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom Lodge." Every day since our last trip, Cooper talks about going back to WDW and what he wants to do once he gets there. I think he may be just as obssessed as I am.:rolleyes1

Wow! DVC points as a gift. I am jealous. My dream is to be a DVC member. I have talked to DH about it, he said he would feel like we have to go to Disney all the time then. ummm. Duh! We woul have to go to Disney all the time, isn't that the point of owning DVC?
He will never understand my love for Disney. I tried to comapre it to his love for Penn State. He just shrugged!

Wow! DVC points as a gift. I am jealous. My dream is to be a DVC member. I have talked to DH about it, he said he would feel like we have to go to Disney all the time then. ummm. Duh! We woul have to go to Disney all the time, isn't that the point of owning DVC?
He will never understand my love for Disney. I tried to comapre it to his love for Penn State. He just shrugged!

That is a somewhat redundant statement. I git excited with my DVC since I could go as often as I wanted to at the time. Sometimes, there are things that a husband will not understand.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter