Hey Road Warriors - Need Directions to BCV!

TW1

Mouseowner s.com
Who wants to share their best/favorite route to BCV?

Making the drive, for the first time, from Philly to BCV this weekend. What's the easiest way to get to BCV from 95?

Also, any words of wisdom about the beltway around DC? I hear the Wilson Bridge contrustruction project is a nightmare! Would love to avoind 495 completely, but which is the best route? :confused3

Thanks!

(Why didn't someone tell me last winter that gas prices would spike to all-time highs! :scared: )

sorry I use I75 then florida turnpike

go ask on the transportation board.

I have a coupon from chase (disney credit card) - that I considered using for plane tickets - but then I would just have to rent a car. Staying offsite for most of the trip this time!

Travel: instead of the WW Bridge (which would be 95 south), take 495 south around toward Silver Spring, past NIH and through Tyson's Corner, then you hook up with the 95 south again. Warning: on your way down catching the 495, when you get to the 270 you need to be in the left hand lanes, as the right hand lanes will lead you to Hagerstown. Happy trails!

That's the longest honkin' ticker I've ever seen! I never noticed it says 5 Years!!!!

All I can say on the route to BCV is we always take the Greenway from MCO - Route 417 I think it is. I assume 95 is over near the coast, so you take some road west from there (gee I'm so helpful), and then it will probably cross the greenway. The traffic is much lower than the one to the north of the airport and you avoid Route 4 also. We get off at Exit 6 - can't remember if it's A or B, but it's the International Drive North exit. Go to the right at the light and just go straight on into WDW. Then take the exit that says "Epcot Resorts". You can go in the BW entrance side of the Epcot Resorts BLVD loop or the Swan side. We usually do the BW as it feels shorter, and by then we need a shorter trip!

Have a great trip and see you soon!

kathleena said:
Have a great trip and see you soon!
This helps, Thanks!

Yup, 5 year ticker. Sort of a reminder to self that add-on may happen one of these days! Safe Travels and Good Night Irene!

also a preventative for addonitis???

(I noticed it earlier today when you were saying you had less than a week to go! I think its a GREAT idea)

hey that is a good ideal!!!

from I95 you can take bee line express (toll road 528), 417 (also a toll road) or I4 (free).

I would take the bee line express - less construction work.

the beeline express is much further along I95 than I4.

I4 is close to Daytona Beach, 528 (beeline) is down past Titusville (almost to Cape Canaveral)

TW1 said:
Safe Travels and Good Night Irene!

Ah yes - she did go away didn't she! I was thinking, Oh the irony for a while there. The irony of being stuck in Maine because a hurricane hit up here, when we are all usually afraid for Florida. We haven't had a hurricane since Bob in '91, so we are about due!

And doesn't look like I will be in a scooter! :moped: My leg is doing much better!

:wave:

:banana: almost time to leave!

Found this buried under my "Famous Tuba Solos" album collection. Won't get you there but at least you'll know what exit to take:

Walt Disneyworld Exits

Exit 67:
Attractions: Epcot®, Downtown Disney® area, Disney's BoardWalk, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park

Epcot Resort Area: Disney's Yacht Club and Disney Beach Club Resorts, Disney's BoardWalk Inn and Villas, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, the Walt Disney World Swan and Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotels, Disney's Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course

Downtown Disney Resort Area: Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, Lake Buena Vista Golf Course

Exit 65:
Attractions: Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, Disney's Wide World of Sports® Complex, Disney's Blizzard Beach

Disney's Animal Kingdom Resort Area: Disney's All-Star Movies Resort, Disney's All-Star Music Resort, Disney's All-Star Sports Resort, Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney's Pop Century Resort, Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course

Exit 64:
Attractions: Magic Kingdom® Park, Disney-MGM Studios

Magic Kingdom Resort Area: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Polynesian Resort, Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, and The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Eagle Pines Golf Course, Magnolia Golf Course, Osprey Ridge Golf Course, Oak Trail Golf Course, Palm Golf Course, Disney's Wedding Pavilion

Tooneric said:
Found this buried under my "Famous Tuba Solos"
*rofl* Sounds like a good time to me. Maybe I could share my 10-disk "Best Of" series from Harry the One-Armed Trombone player. Has great live version of the Beer Barrel Polka.

(Disclaimer: This is a JOKE people. I am not dissing one-armed musicians or polka lovers, and I would NEVER dis beer drinkers!)

BTW, Thanks Toon!

TW1 said:
*rofl* Sounds like a good time to me. Maybe I could share my 10-disk "Best Of" series from Harry the One-Armed Trombone player. Has great live version of the Beer Barrel Polka.
Wow, a 10 disk set! That should get you at least to the Florida Turnpike on your upcoming trip! And thanks for getting that song stuck in my head!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter