HH at 7 months

TerriBelle

DIS Veteran
Is it possible to reserve HH at the 7 month window for sometime in the summer. We are thinking of trying it next summer but our home resort is BW. How many of you have had success? Is it easier to get a certain room type?

Thanks

Most of the rooms at HH are dedicated 2 Bed rooms. So, it will be easiest to get that type. I'm not sure about how easy it is to get a room at the 7 month window, but some people have had difficulty. It probably all depends upon how flexible you are with dates and room type.

Terri,

My family and I just spent 5 nights in a 2 bedroom, June 17 till June 22 at Disney's Hilton Head Resort. I booked this vacation right after Thanksgiving last year at the 7 month window.

Dumbo

We just returned from a 3 night stay in a studio - 24-26 June. I had no problem reserving this at the 7 minth window.

The highest season at HH is Mid-Late June to mid August. If you want the first 2 weeks of June or the last week of August, I'd say you're chances are pretty good if you want a 2 BR and you call at exactly 7 months out and CALL DAY BY DAY. Otherwise I wouldn't hold out much hope.

You're best bet is to work out a direct trade with another member. That way you could each get home resort priority at the 11 month window.

On the other hand, I have Marriott's Grande Ocean reserved next year for July 4th. An oceanfront unit at an oceanfront resort and I haven't even decided if I'll use it or not, may be in HI at that time. You gotta love life's choices.

I got a 1 bedroom for July 29 -August 3 at exactly 7 months. This will be our first time in HH and we are very excited! :bounce: :p :bounce: :p

We booked HH from 7/21-7/28. I needed to call everyday in order to get the dates I wanted. I had no problems. We are looking forward to going in less than 3 weeks. Counting the days!

Thanks everyone for the input. We will try calling everyday if we decide to do it. I'm not sure if I'm up for driving all that way with three kids!

We live near Mt Airy, Md. We booked July 15-20 at 4 months out. We were on the waitlist and it came through within one week.

We have two kids and have decided to break the drive into two parts,

All this and we just returned from the Magic two weeks ago!!!

I know this doesn't really fit your question, but I was able to get Labor Day week this year and reserved in early April. As everyone else has said, the month of July and August was simply impossible to get at that time. :jester:

We had ressies for this June 10-14 (Sun-Thurs) for a one bedroom that we made 7 months out. My DH is by the phone, ready to call at exactly the 7 month day, and as soon as Member Services opens.

Then about 2 weeks before we were to go, we had some extra points and wanted to add on a Friday, June 15, and got that with no problem. I don't know if that was just pure luck or not though.

Karen

Mid June to Mid August will be the difficult time at HH with 4th of July being the most difficult. The first half of June and the end of August might work out, especially if you want a 2 BR. If you're set on HH in summer, buy something there either DVC or something else. If you just want to go sometime and you're ok if it doesn't work out, owning at another DVC is fine. For off season HH, DVC is very expensive to own. Buying a very off season Marriott and exchanging in is far cheaper in both initial costs and yearly fees. One can buy a 2 BR off season for a week as low as $1K at many of the Marriott's and trade to basically any II resort from Oct to March without much problem. One can also buy almost anything and get access to II directly then buy the weeks from Nov to March for less than the maint fees of the Marriott's. I've seen DVC 2 BR through II for Dec, Jan and Feb for less than $600 for a full week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter