HH Bike Rentals

Bostonfamily

Earning My Ears
Going to HH this Friday for a week - our first trip to the island! Heard great things about the bike trails. Wondering which rental company is "the best". Also heard that renting from DVC is expensive and not the best way to go. Is this accurate? Lastly, are the bike trails safe for "young ones" (5 years old - recently off training wheels)?

Thanks in advance!

There are many rental companies available. The one at the resort is certainly convenient and not too much more than others.

You can get info about bike rental co's online and in the activity booklets all over the island.

The best bike trails are at Sea Pines- but that is a long ride from the resort. There are adequate bike areas within Palmetto Dunes nearby. The resort can provide info about good areas for young riders. (Sea Pines would be great- but is probable too far away for a 5 yo.)

Enjoy!

I was at Disney's Hilton Head Resort 3 weeks ago. I would highly recommend renting right from the resort. It costs $50. for the first 2 bikes and $10. for every bike after 2. That's for lenght of stay. They also gave us bike locks and some of my kids wanted a basket on the handlebars. All free. Also one of my kids ran their bike into a tree and bent the handlebars. Just took it over to "Al" at the bike shop and he straightened it out. The convenience of renting at the resort can't be beat. I also used my room card to charge it.

Dumbo

I had also heard bikes were cheeper off property. When we arrived (July 1) I looked in the activity booklets and found great deals on bike rentals from other companies. When I called them the "great" deals no longer existed. The demand for bikes was to great.

This made Disney the best deal. Al, at the bike window, is great.

We had two of our four bike stolen on the fourth of July. Disney gave us two more bikes for the remainder of our stay, no questions asked.

Have fun!

Chuck where were your bikes stolen from? I pray it wasn't the DVC island. Very interested to know. Thanks.
That is great that the bikes were replaced free. You will not get that with the other rental bike companies without buying the insurance.

The only other thing that I would add is that if you are a person whose passion is cycling, then bring your own. The bikes that are available are okay but are not really for the true roadie. I would also add that the rental bikes shouldn't be, as many people use them on the beach, which would really ruin an exceptional bike. :jester:

We go often and always use Hilton Head Bike Co., always calling ahead to reserve. They deliver and pick up. We got 2 bikes (one adult with toddler seat on the back and one child's) for 2 weeks for $45. We originally got one of those "bikes built for two", but it didn't work out. They were glad to bring us the toddler seat instead. Very nice folks to work with.

Our bikes were stolen on the 4th of July. They were taken while parked under the lodge.

The person at the desk says it happens a lot. He said people who came for the fireworks probably did not want to walk home.

He also said they almost always turn up.

I had also read where many of the bike rental companies do not want you to ride in the surf on the beach. The salt water tends to ruin them. Al, at the Disney resort, said they really didn't care. He says he always rinses them off when they are turned in. He also said the bikes only last a couple of years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter