HH: Easter 2006 roll call

Doctor P

<font color=navy><font color=navy>Chocolate covere
Just finished making our reservations for an Easter trip to HH next year. We will be there from Friday April 14 through Friday April 21, 2006. Anybody else make reservations for HH at that time next year? :)

Congratulations Doctor P. I remember reading a while back that you didn't get any vacation time except Christmas. It's nice to see that has changed! :) Have a great time.

It's great news that we are able to do this, but unfortunately things have actually gotten WORSE on the vacation front :( I will be on leave from my job during early 2006 which is the only way this trip is able to happen. But, regardless of the reason, its great news that we will be able to take this trip. :) Thanks!

Sounds great! To me, any time at HH is a good time. Right now, I'm researching airfares for our annual March trip. It's so expensive to fly there for us-$500 pp. I was thinking this trip may not happen, but DH says "One way or another-we're going!" Does the resort do anything special for Easter? How does the timing of Easter next year fit with the annual golf out at Harbor Town?

Not sure if the resort does anything special for Easter (we think we are going to try to go to The Lady and Sons in Savannah for Easter lunch/dinner if they are open--we loved the place when we were there in 2003). As to the golf tournament, the Heritage Classic is over Easter weekend in 2006 (ends on Easter Sunday) so that should mean some extra crowds I would think. I am a golf fan, but I think I will forgo the tournament and enjoy other things. :)

Bump--anyone else going to be at HH during April 2006??

I hope to be..if the school would ever post their 2005-2006 schedule, I;d make my ressies asap!

We lucked out on that. DD's principal was very nice about giving us the dates about 3 or 4 months back even though they weren't and haven't been published (makes it easier that it is a Catholic H.S. that has a schedule consistent with Holy Week each year).

Hi Dr. P!

We were there this past Easter, 2005! Had a great beach week other than Easter Sunday itself which was rainy!! Have a great time - we'd love to do Easter again but 2006 finds us in DW in March.

For the other posters - the resort does a great job with Easter activities for the kids. Egg hunt, face painting, candy bags, etc.

Also, a word of warning- the Catholic church down near Sea Pines was super crowded Easter Sun!

Doctor P said:
We lucked out on that. DD's principal was very nice about giving us the dates about 3 or 4 months back even though they weren't and haven't been published (makes it easier that it is a Catholic H.S. that has a schedule consistent with Holy Week each year).
Oh that's nice!
My daughter isn't even IN school yet(she's starting K this fall) so I don't know the teachers or the prinicpal yet.
I DO know the school secretary, perhaps I should give her a call-thanks for the idea!

Call the secretary. :) Hope it works out for you and hope to see you at HH!

My husband and I just decided tonight that we wanted to go to Hilton Head next April. I looked and saw that my son's school will be closed the week of April 10th. It just dawned on me....do I have any chance of getting this when we can make our reservations at the 7 month mark??? Now I am really worried. :guilty:

1BR and Studios are generally difficult at the 7 month mark, depending on season. However, I got the impression that rooms thus far have not been going that fast. One caveat, though. That is the week of the big PGA golf tournament on HH. Starts on April 10 and goes through Easter Sunday the 16th. That could increase demand for accomodations, including cash accomodations. Good luck.

We are planning on HHI for Easter week 4/16-4/21, but can't book until the 7-month mark. I am planning on calling day to day and we would want a 1-bedroom. Keeping our fingers crossed that it will come together!

The PGA tourney is news to me. I will have to talk to DH about that. Due to his & the kids schedules, we wouldn't be able to change our dates.

Send some luck my way! :wizard:

Doc P ~ Any chance you could book a 1-bedroom for us and I will transfer the points back into your account?

The golf tournament will be over on 4/16, so you should be fine with that aspect of demand for rooms. Good luck. We are going to be there the same time, so of course we are hoping to me more DIS'ers who might also be there.

Doctor P said:
Call the secretary. :) Hope it works out for you and hope to see you at HH!
I got the dates..and they are not Easter week, so it looks like I'll be missing you and the other Easter Disers-but the good news is maybe it will be easier to get ressies?
Our break is the last week of April (24-28)
I'll be calling tomrrow. :flower:

Wow! That's a late break. When will the children get out of school for the year, then? Sorry we'll miss you for this Easter. Looks like the breaks may be a bit more spread out next year due to how late Easter is. That may mean a more steady demand for reservations without huge buildup on certain weeks. We'll see I guess. :)

Doctor P said:
Wow! That's a late break. When will the children get out of school for the year, then? Sorry we'll miss you for this Easter. Looks like the breaks may be a bit more spread out next year due to how late Easter is. That may mean a more steady demand for reservations without huge buildup on certain weeks. We'll see I guess. :)
We had the same break this year too.
Our schools get out late June(23rd this year) and start back after Labor Day.
They actually got a long Memorial day weekend as wlel because they didn't used their snow days. They had off Fri, Mon and Tues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter