• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HH ownership questions

Jenny Noel

Earning My Ears
My husband and I have decided to purchase at HH. We like the reviews of the resort and the Magical Beginnings program for payment options. I have a few questions before we buy:
1) Do you think we will be able to book a week (maybe 5 or 6 days) next summer if we aren't official members until September?
2) How long does the process take to become members?
3) We are deciding between 220 and 250 points. Should we go for the 220 and then later possibly do an add-on on one of the Orlando resorts?
Thank you all in advance! Without all the information on this forum, I don't think we would be buying now!
Jenny:)

We were able to book 7/21-7/28 at Christmas last year. HH is not our home resort so we had to use the 7 month window. We had no problems. In April we were able to add the last night on to our stay.

Since you are purchasing thru DVC, you can make a reservation as soon as you make your downpayment. You should be able to find something available for next summer.

The process is quite simple thru DVC, they will send you a package of documents to sign and will provide a Fed-Ex return for them. You won't get your final documents immediately, but you will be able to access your account and the Members Only site.

You should purchase sufficient points at HH to allow for your normal vacation habits and then buy other points to supplement that plan. Careful.....adding on is very contagious!

Good Luck! HH is a great resort.

of the HH DVC resort experience is no park admission media required. You will be very happy with HH as your home resort. I would purchase enough points for at least 6 consective nights during high season. The weekends are pretty brutal there so we usually arrive on Sunday and leave on Saturday morning.

Also it depends on your choice of villas. The 2 BR are plentiful. the 1 BR and Studios are harder to get. But within the 11 to 7 month window you shouldn't have any problems in the summer if you make the ressie in September.
WE realy like DVC HH. The Shelter Cove area is an easy walk with many restaurants.

Thank you for the good advice! I've just joined TUG also so I will be as informed as possible.
Thanks again,
Jenny

In April I wanted to book a 1 br for 4 days in July (26-29) but was told that there were no week nights available from mid-May till some time in Sept. Weekends (Fri, Sat) were no problem so we arrived Friday, stayed Friday night and Sat night, left Sunday (7/29). GREAT Time, we were coming back from a week in Pensacola, FL and HH was a great way to wind down. It seems to be a good idea to book as far in advance as possible if you want week nights during peak season. This was our 1st time in HH, and we
we loved it, rented bikes, went to the beach, the pools; only wish we had more time.
I have a question I meant to ask a CM, but forgot... The fridge has a water and ice dispensing door which gives either cube or crushed ice or water. The ice worked fine, but the water dispenser didn't opperate. Was this a problem or does HH DVC disable the water option to keep from having floods if young, unobserved fingers happen to push the actuating switch? Just curious. Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter