HH Resort Statistics

How funny! I actually search for this thread all the time. It's got such great info! I don't know how to save the threads, so I just printed it out. It may be 8 years old, but it's one of my favorites!

Here is a look at the room layout for the HH Resort.

There are a total of 76 dedicated 2BR villas.
....21 Studios (all lock off)
....21 1BR units (all lock off)
....5 Grand Villas.

Square footage:
Studio 455
1BR 856
2BR 1311
GV 2362

All villas as all are now non-smoking and all offer wireless internet.

There are no dedicated 1BR or Studio villas ,all are lock offs. 16 are found in Buildings 11/12 which comprises the Live Oak Lodge - home to the Front Desk and Big Murgie's Den. The lodge is the only area which has elevators or HC access.

Due to local building codes there are no ground level villas- all are one story off the ground. There are no dedicated 2BR villas or GV's that are HCA. No other building besides #11/12 has elevator access.

Buildings #23, 25 & 26 have pool view balconies.
Buildings #11,12,13,14,15,17,18,22,24,27,29 and 31 have Marsh (Broad Creek) views.
Buildings #16,19,20,21,28 & 30 have interior (Island) views of nothing in particular (mostly wooded areas and other buildings).

GVs are located in bldgs# 16,18,19, 28 and 30.

All Lodge (Buildings 11 and 12) accommodations are lock off 1BR and Studios. There are a total of 16 1BR and 16 Studios in the lodge. The remaining 5 1BRs and 5 Studios are located beneath the GV's in buildings #16,18,19, 28 and 30.

The resort offers a wide variety of activities for all ages and has a large recreational staff. While there is no full service restaurant onsite, there is a snack bar near the pool and another at the Beach House. The resort does offer buffet style meals (shrimp boil and BBQ) at times. There are about 300 restaurants to choose from at HH and several are within easy walking distance of the resort.

Other activities are canoeing, kayaking, sailing, fishing, crabbing, crafts, cooking, wine/cheese, golfing, tennis, shelling, water skiing, wake boarding, parasailing, horseback riding, Kid's Night Out, Dolphin Cruises and others. Many are offered year round. There are also many outlet stores nearby, as well as an assortment of boutique shops on the island.

Right from the resort, in the nearby marsh, Dolphin have been seen feeding with the changing tides, river otter play in the sea grasses and a family of 5 manatees has been sighted feeding behind the resort.

Here is a link to a map of Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort. This map includes the designated smoking areas at the resort.

Enjoy!

BCV Resort Configuration

OKW Building Configuration

SSR Configuration

Hey Doc..... have you been to Vero?? I can't remember. If so....which resort/beach do you prefer and why?? Thanks.. Just curious.

We stayed at Vero for 4 nights....just returned from two weeks in FL and are looking forward to trying HHI next.

We were in a studio in the Live Oak Lodge. Loved the location. The staff at the front desk is out of this world; very nice staff, excellent service. I was sooo sad to leave :-(
Now I just have to plan another trip to HHI.

Thank you so much for this thread.....just what I wanted! We have only been to HH once so far and we had a 1 bed in the main lodge with a view of other units/courtyard (not great!). We are going in April 2011 and are hoping for something more scenic!!!

Do you know the approximate cash rates for a 1 and 2 bed...........members services won't tell me until 7months out and I want to work out cost!!!
Debsx;)

This is a great thread and I actually logged on today to find out more info about HH. My big questions are... has anyone been there in January? How's the weather and are there still activites, enough to keep busy? TIA

We are AKV and BCV owners but are very pleased with HHI. Pleasantly surprised perhaps by the restraint from Disney and believable authenticity of the place. We're headed back in Sept on cash, so evidently you can book cash reservations at about 10.5 months out. And the cash prices are very reasonable in Sept, so much so that I don't see any reason to change it to a points reservation at 7 months out.

Hi! What night are the fireworks held, typically? I'd hate to miss them. Thanks!

Hi! What night are the fireworks held, typically? I'd hate to miss them. Thanks!

Fireworks are on Tuesdays during the summer months. Last year they didn't begin the Harbourfest fireworks program until late June and ended it in early August, so there was an abbreviated fireworks summer. I have not seen the schedule yet for 2012.

I have done searches for this kind of thread, so I'm just happy to have stumbled upon it. :cool1: Chiming in so I can find it again closer to our stay.

thanks for the info!

Anyone have a suggestion for a room request? We will be staying in a two bedroom. I would like to be near the pool but don't want to hear the noise of it. I would prefer a marsh view. Any suggestions on what building to request? Thanks

Anyone have a suggestion for a room request? We will be staying in a two bedroom. I would like to be near the pool but don't want to hear the noise of it. I would prefer a marsh view. Any suggestions on what building to request? Thanks

The resort is pretty compact, so no buildings are very far from the pool. I'd just request a Marsh View and you should be fine. Buildings 17, 18, 22, 24, 27, 29 and 30 all have Marsh views and are nearest the pool though.

Enjoy! :)

Just found this OLD thread through a search--thanks for the great info Webmaster Doc! We are hoping to go to HHI next Pres Week-2013-and hoping for a studio in Live Oak Lodge. DS uses a w/c exclusively for mobility, but we don't need an HCA room (just the elevator), and wouldn't want to take one from someone who does. Any ideas how we should word our reservation, if we can even book at 7 months, so that we won't get one of the 5 studios that wouldn't work for us? Thanks for any help!

Just found this OLD thread through a search--thanks for the great info Webmaster Doc! We are hoping to go to HHI next Pres Week-2013-and hoping for a studio in Live Oak Lodge. DS uses a w/c exclusively for mobility, but we don't need an HCA room (just the elevator), and wouldn't want to take one from someone who does. Any ideas how we should word our reservation, if we can even book at 7 months, so that we won't get one of the 5 studios that wouldn't work for us? Thanks for any help!

If you don't want a HCA Studio, you're only other option is to request a Studio in the lodge and hope for the best. I guess I'd request the HCA to be safe. There are 21 Studios total - with 16 in the lodge with elevator access, but the other five will have steps to navigate.

Good luck!

Another shout out to WebmasterDoc - as i just did a search for building information for HHI and came across this gem. Thank you!! We will be in Disney HHI in 26 days! First timers. We are hoping for a one bedroom in Live Oak Lodge - is the cigarette smoke an issue? I know there is an area designated for it nearby, I just quit so I'm trying to actively avoid it if possible.
Thanks!

Great information and thank you for putting this out there. I was just doing a search for DVC Hilton Head Studio information and this popped up. Thanks : )

Thanks Doc - as you can see this thread is timeless !
I need one of these for the Treehouses at Saratoga.

Thanks Doc - as you can see this thread is timeless !
I need one of these for the Treehouses at Saratoga.
You can find all the details in the DVC Resource thread that is at the top of each DVC board.

I have been scanning cash availability at HH for the past month, looking for either a studio or one-bedroom during the off seasons and I have had no luck. Two bedrooms do pop up but that is a waste for just me and hubby. I am feeling as though we won't be back to HH any time soon. We like to go for a couple nights in the late fall or early winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter