• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHI and Sharks

cgcw

<font color=cc0099>On the blinkie Crocs foot-fetis
We have looked forward to HHI for 7 months now, however, with it getting close in the next couple of weeks, our 6 year old is concerned about swimming in the ocean. He's heard about the terrible situation with the boy in FL and doesn't want to be next. What I've found on shark attackes in SC is that they don't happen very frequently. Does anyone have any info??

I don't know about HH specifically. The park ranger interviewed about the attack at Pensacola said that they notice daily shark activity there, and that people should not be in the water at dawn or dusk since this is feeding time for the sharks. The child was attacked around 8 p.m. I would ask the lifeguards at the beach about what they are seeing. Hope this helps.

Food for Thought .....

Per Year 79 people are attacked by sharks in the US.
per Year 50,000 people are killed driving in there car.

Shark attacks are very seldom anywhere. There is always some very small risk that they could occur anywhere along the East coast including HH but it is far more likely that the only big fish you'll see swimming by the shores of HH quite a ways out are schools of porpoise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter