HHI in March or May?

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
We go to HHI regularly but usually in the summer or fall. We have decided to start using our AKV points for a second trip to HHI in the spring. Right now, we have the middle of March booked with the first week of April waitlisted. I'm noticing May is wide open and thinking of switching our March trip to the second week of May. The issue is we have a June UY. I know weather will be better in May, but I'm a little worried about having a trip that close to the end of our UY. However, I doubt if we had to cancel a March trip there would be anything left to book at HHI before May 31 anyway. We would rather not go to WDW. Either way, we would probably have to rent out the reservation. Which trip would you choose?

I’ve never been to HH in March..but many times in May (right around Mother’s Day) and the weather is spectacular.

Yep, I'd also say May. March weather can be iffy; however, by May, the weather has generally warmed up and if prior to Memorial Day, then the crowds aren't bad, either.

I will preface this by saying we have never been in March so I have no comparison, but we love HHI in May. The weather is great, and there is still lots to do.

I’ve never been to HH in March..but many times in May (right around Mother’s Day) and the weather is spectacular.
Yep, I'd also say May. March weather can be iffy; however, by May, the weather has generally warmed up and if prior to Memorial Day, then the crowds aren't bad, either.
I will preface this by saying we have never been in March so I have no comparison, but we love HHI in May. The weather is great, and there is still lots to do.
Thank you for the replies. So everyone thinks the May weather is worth the risk of taking a trip so late in my UY?

Thank you for the replies. So everyone thinks the May weather is worth the risk of taking a trip so late in my UY?
Is your concern over whether you'll have to cancel? May is pre-hurricane season, so that threat is low. There can be rain, certainly, but there is just as much chance of that in March and definitely cooler temps. So, the issue seems to be if you might have to cancel? If so, then that's something you'd know best. Keep in mind that if something did come up and you have to cancel, you could rent the points, and mostly likely, very easily given it's May at HHI. pirate:

Is your concern over whether you'll have to cancel? May is pre-hurricane season, so that threat is low. There can be rain, certainly, but there is just as much chance of that in March and definitely cooler temps. So, the issue seems to be if you might have to cancel? If so, then that's something you'd know best. Keep in mind that if something did come up and you have to cancel, you could rent the points, and mostly likely, very easily given it's May at HHI. pirate:
Yes, just worried about having to cancel last-minute. With DH's health issues that sometimes come on out of the blue and an older MIL with health issues, I always worry about having to cancel. Of course, if we had to cancel in March, there would probably be nothing left at HHI between then and May 31, especially since we are using less than 60 points so would probably be limited to studios. When you say "rent the points," do you actually mean "rent the reservation?" That would probably be our only choice whether it's March or May, wouldn't you think?

I'm going to be in the minority here-I'd stay with March. But it really depends on what you like to do. Lie on the beach and/or swim? Then May's OK. But in our case, a bout of Melanoma kind of squashed the pleasure of lying on the beach. We prefer nature, exploring, bicycling, so the March weather is preferable for us.
But, of course, if you can't decide, what about both? Purely for scientific research of which month is better.:)

My DW and I went in March 2021 and the weather was beautiful. We did go to the beach a few times, but the weather was perfect the whole time. Except the day we went into Savannah and it rained some, not a lot, but some.

Yes, just worried about having to cancel last-minute. With DH's health issues that sometimes come on out of the blue and an older MIL with health issues, I always worry about having to cancel. Of course, if we had to cancel in March, there would probably be nothing left at HHI between then and May 31, especially since we are using less than 60 points so would probably be limited to studios. When you say "rent the points," do you actually mean "rent the reservation?" That would probably be our only choice whether it's March or May, wouldn't you think?
Yes, rent the reservation. I suspect it would be easy enough to find someone jonesing to get to HHI. pirate:

Yes, rent the reservation. I suspect it would be easy enough to find someone jonesing to get to HHI. pirate:
Well, we would rather take a trip but if our chances of rebooking a studio 2 1/2-3 months out are slim to none then we may choose May. Of course, that’s if I can get it 7 months out. I wasn’t so lucky for April.

Was there with friends last year March 20-25. We had a good time, bike riding, some swimming, a day trip to Savannah for some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter