HHI LOVERS THREAD

So we had to cancel Aulani in March and I thought Hilton Head would be good to book since we can drive. This will be our first DVC stay so we are excited! I was planning to book 8/31-9/5 but we couldn’t get the same room for the whole time which I would prefer so I booked 8/30-9/4 instead. It looks like Signals is not open these days at the Beach House but maybe the bar is to get a cocktail? Anyone know what refreshments are available currently at the beach house Sunday through Thursday- and if anything is open that Sunday can we go there before we check into our room? Thanks
Sorry re Aulani. We have been to every other DVC resort but JUST took our first trip to HHI and really enjoyed it!!! Signals at the Beach is open Fri, Sat, Sun but the bar there is open daily. The bar has Mickey pretzels, ice cream bars, and shaved ice there. The quick serve at the actual resort is open daily.

Biking is SO great there. We literally only used our car once -on the first day to get the rest of our groceries (we drove as well). We biked everywhere. Mini golf, dinner, etc. You will have a great time!

Just booked sep 2 to 5th. Looked yesterday and only had one night available nothing together. Today they had four nights together only booked for theee nights. My wife was too scared to go to wdw what we did have booked. Been a dvc member for 20 years. Always wanted to go to Hilton head but other things got in the way. Wdw, dcl, aluani. I will be looking more at this post and you tube videos.
I believe you'll love HHI. It's not your typical rush-rush, plan-plan Disney trip. Kick back, relax, soak up the Low Country vibe. Bike, walk, eat, sun, swim, eat some more, maybe kayak, go crabbing/fishing, and sit on your balcony with your favorite beverage in hand. Oh, and they make darn good Mickey waffles at Tide Me Over, so you can get your Disney fix with them, along with the small Mercantile, the Disney touches in the rooms, and walking around the resort itself. And. The. Best. CMs. Anywhere. Enjoy!

Any Shadow sightings lately?? :lovestrucDidn’t see her on the recently posted activity sheet unless I missed.

Does anyone know how room keys are working now? Are magic bands or phone scans a possibility now to get in your room or do you still use the key cards? I’m trying to figure out if everyone in our traveling party will need to download my Disney experience to utilize unlocking the room with their phones. Any insight is much appreciated!

We haven't been to HHI in many years.
I read through the DVC website for information, but still have some questions.

Can we rent chairs and umbrella at the beach in late September? Cost?
Cost for bike rental at the resort?
I saw there is a refillable mug. Where can it be filled?
Are there refreshments available at the Beach House in late September?
Does Signals have a chef available to work with a family member who is gluten and dairy free?

Thank you for your help.

The only one I can definitely answer is about bike rentals. Last I checked, they were $45 for a length of stay for a bike, closer to $50 for an adult tricycle. I know that there's a refillable mug station outside Tide me Over by the Mercantile , or at least there was last time we were there, last November.

Does anyone know how room keys are working now? Are magic bands or phone scans a possibility now to get in your room or do you still use the key cards? I’m trying to figure out if everyone in our traveling party will need to download my Disney experience to utilize unlocking the room with their phones. Any insight is much appreciated!
We were there about a week ago and magic bands were not working. CM said they have not updated them with that yet. Still using key cards.

Signals at the Beach is open Fri, Sat, Sun but the bar there is open daily. The bar has Mickey pretzels, ice cream bars, and shaved ice there. The quick serve at the actual resort is open daily.

Can you still get cups of ice water at the bar? Thinking about whether we need to bring water bottles to the beach. :)

Can you still get cups of ice water at the bar? Thinking about whether we need to bring water bottles to the beach. :)
We packed all of our stuff (have this great backpack cooler so biked to beach house each day & it was great). I don't see why they wouldn't still be giving ice since they are still serving drinks at the bar.

We packed all of our stuff (have this great backpack cooler so biked to beach house each day & it was great). I don't see why they wouldn't still be giving ice since they are still serving drinks at the bar.
Which backpack cooler do you have? Great idea

Which backpack cooler do you have? Great idea
We live in FL so use it a lot and it works out so much better than any other cooler bag we have. It holds a ton and has zipper pockets that also hold a good amount of stuff. It is so much easier to carry that weight with the backpack.
I don't think I can post the link from Amazon on here but if you go on there and put in Hap Tim Backpack Cooler it should come up!

We live in FL so use it a lot and it works out so much better than any other cooler bag we have. It holds a ton and has zipper pockets that also hold a good amount of stuff. It is so much easier to carry that weight with the backpack.
I don't think I can post the link from Amazon on here but if you go on there and put in Hap Tim Backpack Cooler it should come up!
Awesome, found it. Thanks!

Is beach bar even open every day? What about Counter Service for Food by pool Is that open daily ? I thought I remember reading that Beach Bar was not open every day? Anyone know hours of operation of counter service and the beach pool? Thanks!

Is beach bar even open every day? What about Counter Service for Food by pool Is that open daily ? I thought I remember reading that Beach Bar was not open every day? Anyone know hours of operation of counter service and the beach pool? Thanks!
At the Beach Club, Signals, the quick serve with various food options, is only open Fri-Sun. However, there is a separate bar that serves alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks, Mickey pretzels, ice cream and shaved iced and it is open every day. At the resort the quick serve Tide Me Over is open daily until 5pm.

I wonder how long before Signals goes back to opening more hours or more days. We don't go until November, and then it was always open ever day-only from 11:00 to 3:00, but at least every day. What we used to love to do was ride our bikes over there for lunch, then walk/ride our bikes on the beach

I have an upcoming stay @ HHI. I called the resort yesterday inquiring about food options. The CM told me that Tide Me Over is open 8-5 daily, Signals is closed and Surf & Sand (bar on beach) is open 11-5 daily and is offering food from Signals' menu.

Why the limited hours? IF the resort is at capacity, the certainly till Labor Day why not offer food daily, during lunch hours at beach? Can understand after Labor Day, resort becomes quieter, but this is still summer.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter