*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

We are staying in the grand villa in building 19 right now - it is beautiful! Lots of neutrals but enough little Disney touches to make it unique. Unfortunately we leave to go home early tomorrow.☹️
Can you show some pictures? I have only seen the refurbed 2 bedroom.

We are staying in the grand villa in building 19 right now - it is beautiful! Lots of neutrals but enough little Disney touches to make it unique. Unfortunately we leave to go home early tomorrow.☹️
You must be having a terrific time. Sadly we had to leave yesterday, looking forward to next Thanksgiving there already.
I'm not sure, but I suspect building 30 isn't being used right now, but maybe someone else has the definite answer. But when we were at the resort, DH noticed that the area by building 30 is being used as a site to stage items being used in the rehabs. We had an underdone room, so at least we could see some things one last time.
Staying in a grand villa that's been rehabbed, do the doors to the porch still have the shades that you roll up and down (very slowly). We used to "raise the flag" every morning, and the day we left DH said "I wonder if this is the last time I'll have to raise the flag".

Someone posted a video of a partial walk through of the refurbed GV in building 30. It sounds like sleeping arrangements have changed a bit and one double bed has been replaced with two twins (there’s a pull down in each bedroom upstairs rather than a sleeper sofa downstairs). Just a heads up for those that need all double or queen beds

Going through our Christmas past treasures and found this gem from last year and it made me tear up! One of the most lovely places on earth is a magical stay at this resort! We usually stay here each year for a relaxing getaway at Christmas time and decided this year to go to a different route and go to wdw. I’m so sad we won’t be there though. Make sure if they have the mailbox for Santa, your kiddos write him their list because he will usually leave them a special note on the villa door ;)
IMG_9263.jpeg

zero availability in all room categories from Dec through March?
Sounds like a refurb change in rooms at dhhir.

Last edited:
I would love to know how the refurb is going. We will be there the end of April and would love to stay in a refurbished studio. We always request building 12.

I know that Building 12 hasn't yet been refurbished. That's where we stayed a couple weeks ago, but in a 1 BR, not a studio. Considering the way the order of the buildings being refurbished, my guess is that buildings 12 and the Main Lodge will be the last done. So if we know when the refurbishment is scheduled to be finished (does anyone know?) back up a little from there. I'd kind of like to know, because we have reservations in early April, and DH told the front desk that until they change the living room sofas, his back won't let him return. At Thanksgiving, by around the 6th day, the heating pad and Icy Hot became his friends.

I know that Building 12 hasn't yet been refurbished. That's where we stayed a couple weeks ago, but in a 1 BR, not a studio. Considering the way the order of the buildings being refurbished, my guess is that buildings 12 and the Main Lodge will be the last done. So if we know when the refurbishment is scheduled to be finished (does anyone know?) back up a little from there. I'd kind of like to know, because we have reservations in early April, and DH told the front desk that until they change the living room sofas, his back won't let him return. At Thanksgiving, by around the 6th day, the heating pad and Icy Hot became his friends.
I hope they finish in winter/spring 2024.
We have multiple trips planned in 2024 and looks like availability is back online for April onwards.
Availability appears down from Dec through March.

Or they could build an elevator between building 14 and 15?
I saw they predict dhhir to by finished by mid 2024?

Or they could build an elevator between building 14 and 15?
I saw they predict dhhir to by finished by mid 2024?
That's a possibility. I noticed, when we were there, that the one elevator is used, not just by guests, but also by housekeepers with carts and maintenance or whoever. I noticed a couple times that employees would take a large item out of a supply room that was in building 12, carry it over on a luggage cart or just using 2 CMs, over to the elevator, then I'd lose sight of them when they got on the elevator. My point is just that an elevator would be helpful. Between buildings 12 and 14/15 is some sort of storage building, so an elevator might be useful there. All I know is that having more elevator access at the Hilton Head resort sure would be nice. Can't wait to hear more about this.

That's a possibility. I noticed, when we were there, that the one elevator is used, not just by guests, but also by housekeepers with carts and maintenance or whoever. I noticed a couple times that employees would take a large item out of a supply room that was in building 12, carry it over on a luggage cart or just using 2 CMs, over to the elevator, then I'd lose sight of them when they got on the elevator. My point is just that an elevator would be helpful. Between buildings 12 and 14/15 is some sort of storage building, so an elevator might be useful there. All I know is that having more elevator access at the Hilton Head resort sure would be nice. Can't wait to hear more about this.
I am curious to hear which building. I just thought about the space between 14/15, plus how the front is built differently than the other outlying buildings.

There were some postings back a couple pages ago about if the sleeper chair is still in the 1 and 2 BRs. I have three sons who will not sleep together and having a sleeper chair is a huge deal. Do we have confirmation that the referb rooms still have the sleeper chair?

There were some postings back a couple pages ago about if the sleeper chair is still in the 1 and 2 BRs. I have three sons who will not sleep together and having a sleeper chair is a huge deal. Do we have confirmation that the referb rooms still have the sleeper chair?
I saw pix online and there was a new sleeper chair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter