*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

Currently, these are the offerings at Surfman's Sand Bar at the Beach House. Now, this can change literally overnight, but at least this will give you an idea of what to expect. Further, the bar's hours can also vary a little. Due to a couple of issues, the hours of operation last week were 11-3. They are now back to 11-4. If you're headed over to the Beach House, the best idea is to check before you go or when you first get there to see what time the food service will end that day. It's quite a fluid situation, and with the end of the summer season approaching rapidly, I'm sure it will continue to be that way...596353

Does anyone know if DHHIR decorates any of the areas for the holidays?

(Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Easter, etc.)

I know many of you have stayed at DHHIR on the holidays and have experienced if they decorate certain areas.

We've been after Thanksgiving before and there are some Christmas decorations on property. Subtle and tasteful. The really cool decorations, for us, are on the boats in the marina adjacent to the resort. The closer you get to Christmas, the more you'll see. When we were there only a few had decorations but by the time we left, there were many more putting lights up their rigging. We really loved that part because we don't get that kind of stuff at home.

Does anyone know if DHHIR decorates any of the areas for the holidays?

(Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Easter, etc.)

I know many of you have stayed at DHHIR on the holidays and have experienced if they decorate certain areas.
As Suzabella says, the holiday season decorations at the resort are subtle but noticeable. Last year, the decorated boats in Shelter Cove weren't numerous even nearer the actual holiday, perhaps due to covid. There are some lovely decorations in and around the fire station around Mile Marker 4 (the resort roughly sits at MM 8), however.

There are no such devoted decorations for Halloween or Thanksgiving--the resort puts out "fall" decorations sometime in October: hay bales, fall wreaths in certain places, things like that. There are no grand Disney decorations as there are at the World, though. Hope this helps!

Agree with Sleepy....as usual. The firestation was so pretty!! There were also a group of restaurants near Sea Pines that were pretty decked out. I can't remember the name of the plaza there. But we did still see some of those boats decorated when we were there in June. :rotfl:

Agree with Sleepy....as usual. The firestation was so pretty!! There were also a group of restaurants near Sea Pines that were pretty decked out. I can't remember the name of the plaza there. But we did still see some of those boats decorated when we were there in June. :rotfl:
:rotfl2: Yes, it did take months to "undecorate" for a few of them. You are so right!

We have our first stay at HH coming up in a couple of months in a 2 bedroom unit.
Are the hallways outdoors?
Or is it more like a hotel with an interior hall?

We have our first stay at HH coming up in a couple of months in a 2 bedroom unit.
Are the hallways outdoors?
Or is it more like a hotel with an interior hall?
All 2BRs have outdoor entrances though not hallways. The typical building has four 2BRs, and you climb stairs to reach them all. The bottom rooms are 10-12 stairs up, while the 2nd floor rooms are 29-32 stairs to climb. Each room has a little stoop/landing out front and a nice balcony out back. Enjoy your stay!

List has been updated.

Now I am curious as to who owns the most points at DHHIR!

I own 2 small contracts: 25 and 50
It won’t be be, though I edge you out a little!

We started with 50pts resale, thinking we’d just do small weekend trips in fall/winter, and then we added on another 50pts resale earlier this year to allow for spring trips. Our UY is September, and we just added 25pts direct at the end of September so that we can do 1BRs instead of Studios, or 2BRs every other year with the kids. How quickly we went from “just need 50 points” to owning 125 points!

I am debating on whether to add on 25 points direct for my Dec UY or wait until a small contract (25-35 pts) pops up on resale.
(I bought a 50 pt and 25 pt resale contract already this year.) (I plan to pay cash and I have already spoken to my guide.)
What do y'all think?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter