*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

I am debating whether to add on 25 points direct for my Dec UY or wait until a small contract pops up on resale.
(I bought a 50 pt and 25 pt resale contract already.)
What do y'all think?

I think 75 points aren't enough, but I don't think you were asking that! :rotfl2: I say, yes, watch for a contract like that, but it may be hard to find...HHI doesn't seem to have as much volume as other resorts and then you have the other constraints of use year and number of points. <insert unicorn smilie here> If you can find it, get it, but you may get tired of waiting and just go direct.

I am debating on whether to add on 25 points direct for my Dec UY or wait until a small contract (25-35 pts) pops up on resale.
(I bought a 50 pt and 25 pt resale contract already this year.)
What do y'all think?

One thing to consider in total price comparison is that it is SC law that you have to use an attorney to close on a TS property. When we bought our first DVC at HHI 15 years ago, the cost per point was comparable to direct because of that added cost. I would contact a guide and ask about closing costs going direct and do the same for resale and then compare the difference.

My opinion, you can never go wrong adding on DHHIR points. Never. But I just might be a little prejudiced. We started with a 50 pt resale contract and then added another 50 and then another 50. Our goal was to get a studio every other year to balance out our other HHI timeshare stay. Then we decided we wanted a 1 bedroom every other year and added enough points to do that at the time of year we tend to travel.

Thank you for the update!
Can you keep us updated on the process?
Cabinets for gas grills, I'm guessing? I'll be there soon...may have to buy some steaks!
Will do re: keeping you up-to-date. Nothing extra happened today. The propane tank storage cage is in place already. They need the grills and countertops to be delivered and installed.

I am debating on whether to add on 25 points direct for my Dec UY or wait until a small contract (25-35 pts) pops up on resale.
(I bought a 50 pt and 25 pt resale contract already this year.) (I plan to pay cash and I have already spoken to my guide.)
What do y'all think?
While normally I would suggest going resale, for a 25-pt contract, I think it's worthwhile to go direct. Smaller contracts like that are hard to come by on the resale market, and then attempting to match your current UY would add a layer of complications you don't need. Best of luck!

I reported this on another thread, but in an update, all the new propane grills are in place and operating. AND, they left the charcoal grills in place, as well, meaning you now have a choice between using propane or charcoal throughout the resort with two exceptions: the charcoal grill behind Bldg 28 was removed, and the large brick grill outside of Murgie's Den remains charcoal use only. Bon appetit!

I went to look for availability for Saturday of this weekend, so I had to call DVC for OTU points anyway.
DVC was sold out on points and cash after speaking with MS.
Looked on DHHIR website after and found a 1 bedroom for cash!

Point of the story: You can sometimes find last minute availability if you are out of points by calling DVC for a cash booking OR look on the DHHIR website.
(It was actually cheaper on website than buying OTU points or renting!)

I went to look for availability for Saturday of this weekend, so I had to call DVC for OTU points anyway.
DVC was sold out on points and cash after speaking with MS.
Looked on DHHIR website after and found a 1 bedroom for cash!

Point of the story: You can sometimes find last minute availability if you are out of points by calling DVC for a cash booking OR look on the DHHIR website.
(It was actually cheaper on website than buying OTU points or renting!)
What is that website address? I would like to check for some availability as well.

We left HHI this morning, after spending one night there on the way back from Disney. Home now, and thought I'd post some things that were new to us since our visit last September.

After finding 'Olu Mel hiding around the resort and getting our prize (a sticker with the Hawaiian word for Thursday on it), we decided to purchase him from the mercantile. Our own Duffy and Shellie May were happy to be reunited with one of their newest friends!

Similar to Disney World, HHI is showing Happily Ever After on resort tv.

They had 'One Day at Disney' as a coffee table book in our room.

We also tried the stuffed pretzel rolls at the beach house. They were kind of like hot pockets. This is the Spinach Feta, and we also had the Turkey Provolone. Not bad at all, but I personally preferred the cool freshness of the chicken salad croissant sandwich.

Tried Scott's for the first time. We had the Shrimp Tacos and Fried Seafood Platter. Everything was delicious. Here is a picture of the new propane grill outside building 28. Wish we could have stayed longer, but we had a great time!

Spinach Feta Pretzel Rolls at the Beach House? Sound delicious! Hope they have them Thanksgiving week.

The planning has started for our Thanksgiving week trip.

Back in the day, by about now we would have received the plans for Thanksgiving food offerings from the resort.

Usually Turkey/Ham and trimmings and pies.

You would sign up and get it delivered.

I was just thinking how much I'm missing that option this year as I get older and just want to relax with minimal cooking and prep.

Does anyone have any information on any special Thanksgiving dinners that can be picked up or delivered to the resort this year?

What I would really love is to have a chef come to the villa and do most of it for me!

Wishful thinking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter