• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

Was this summer season? I've considered staying there to start a DHH trip as check in day sort of wastes most of a day. (I can stay for pretty much free.)

I used to do that with the Westin in Port Royal but haven't recently.
Yes, it was. July to be exact. And while it was annoying, it certainly didn't ruin the trip. However, the couple of times we were just lounging in the room in the afternoon before heading out to dinner, the music made it difficult to actually relax.

While not a true DVC question, I was looking at a night or two at the end of August (8/26 and maybe 8/27), but was curious how much it might be to stay cash. It's currently showing no availability on the cash HHI site - I'm wondering if it's still too close to the 7-month mark for Disney to list anything, or if it's just so busy then that there really will be nothing to rent there for cash. I actually had a waitlist come through for the two nights, but we may need the points next year and I'm not sure I can stomach 27 points for a studio on 8/26. We're actually sailing on a cruise out of Port Canaveral 8/19-8/26, and if we decided to drive again (from Delaware), we thought that might be a nice stop on the way home, as it's about 1/3 of the way home. That Saturday night point chart is pretty steep though, so I was curious about whether cash is reasonable or not - but have never looked before. Does that rambling make sense?

While not a true DVC question, I was looking at a night or two at the end of August (8/26 and maybe 8/27), but was curious how much it might be to stay cash. It's currently showing no availability on the cash HHI site - I'm wondering if it's still too close to the 7-month mark for Disney to list anything, or if it's just so busy then that there really will be nothing to rent there for cash. I actually had a waitlist come through for the two nights, but we may need the points next year and I'm not sure I can stomach 27 points for a studio on 8/26. We're actually sailing on a cruise out of Port Canaveral 8/19-8/26, and if we decided to drive again (from Delaware), we thought that might be a nice stop on the way home, as it's about 1/3 of the way home. That Saturday night point chart is pretty steep though, so I was curious about whether cash is reasonable or not - but have never looked before. Does that rambling make sense?
A cash studio on 8/26 is 313 before tax. No availability on the cash website for dhhir. You could call MS and ask though.

I notice that dvc normally drops cash rooms onto the dhhir cash website at the 60 day mark.

Yes, it was. July to be exact. And while it was annoying, it certainly didn't ruin the trip. However, the couple of times we were just lounging in the room in the afternoon before heading out to dinner, the music made it difficult to actually relax.
My plan was to check in and spend the night, then get up and go check in at Disney, return to the Marriott and ask for late checkout since I have some debatable Marriott status. That way I have the ability to use Disney's resort or just to crash in my Marriott room until 4 if necessary.

My plan was to check in and spend the night, then get up and go check in at Disney, return to the Marriott and ask for late checkout since I have some debatable Marriott status. That way I have the ability to use Disney's resort or just to crash in my Marriott room until 4 if necessary.
Sounds like an interesting plan. We have stayed at that marriott during summer multiple times, but we still enjoy dhhir more.

Hello! We are looking to stay at the DVC Hilton Head Island Resort in late September for our first trip to the island. What is the island like this time of year? Does anything close down with it being after Labor Day? Thanks for any help.

Hello! We are looking to stay at the DVC Hilton Head Island Resort in late September for our first trip to the island. What is the island like this time of year? Does anything close down with it being after Labor Day? Thanks for any help.
Welcome! If you look through this thread and search September, you may find an activity guide and examples.
We love going to DHHIR in September!

Late September is usually great: the huge crowds are gone, warm weather is still in abundance, and nothing much closes on HHI at all anymore, except for the occasional restaurant for a week or two during the cooler months of Jan or Feb. You'll find HHI wide open. The Disney resort itself has the best CMs around, and you'll feel relaxed after staying there. That is something of note--this is not the rush-rush, wall-to-wall activity that you get in the parks at WDW. This is a kick back on the balcony with a drink, play yard games, wander to the beach, ride your bike, and eat a lot of good food without worrying about ADRs kind of vacation. Speaking of food, in case you didn't know, the DHHIR has no actual restaurant, just a couple of QS places--one at the main pool and one at the Beach House. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask! pirate:

Late September is usually great: the huge crowds are gone, warm weather is still in abundance, and nothing much closes on HHI at all anymore, except for the occasional restaurant for a week or two during the cooler months of Jan or Feb. You'll find HHI wide open. The Disney resort itself has the best CMs around, and you'll feel relaxed after staying there. That is something of note--this is not the rush-rush, wall-to-wall activity that you get in the parks at WDW. This is a kick back on the balcony with a drink, play yard games, wander to the beach, ride your bike, and eat a lot of good food without worrying about ADRs kind of vacation. Speaking of food, in case you didn't know, the DHHIR has no actual restaurant, just a couple of QS places--one at the main pool and one at the Beach House. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask! pirate:
Thanks! Once I know I have the reservation I'll be back with more questions.

Resort update from this weekend:
1. Looks like the beach house got new chairs, umbrellas, and paint.
2. Our room in 20 had some new paint, appliances, and replacement items.

Last edited:
The above picture is from tanger outlets. Character performer hiring?!?

Also found out that Byrds/selma cookies is contracted to produce for twdc.

Last edited:
Does "twdc" mean resort cookies? Up until several years ago, the resort had oatmeal cranberry nut cookies, which I loved. But they discontinued them, so I'm desperate to find the place that supplied them so I can order them directly.

I thought they baked them right at the resort.

twdc - the walt disney company.

The above pictures is from tanger outlets. Character performer hiring?!?

Pluto. I saw those signs several places while there in January.

Does "twdc" mean resort cookies? Up until several years ago, the resort had oatmeal cranberry nut cookies, which I loved. But they discontinued them, so I'm desperate to find the place that supplied them so I can order them directly.
You may want to try Byrds Cookie Company or Selmas cookies for prepackaged options.
Both companies are owned by the same family and produce for TWDC.

We went on a food tour in Savannah a couple of months ago. One of the stops was Byrds Cookie Company. We were quite surprised when they told us they had a partnership with Disney and supplied their prepackaged rice crispy treats in the parks. I always just assumed they were the same ones they made in house and had been packaged up. Apparently not - or at the very least, not always!

Last edited:
Resort update from this weekend:
1. Looks like the beach house got new chairs, umbrellas, and paint.
2. Our room in 20 had some new paint, appliances, and replacement items.
When you say “replacement items” which items? Like dishes or furniture

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter