*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

After years of trying to get in at HHI, we finally secured a cash room a few weeks back. I did some research, found some fun activities for the family, and we hit the beach on occasion. But it was the relaxation of the resort, the beautiful area it is located, and the activities around the island that my kids fell in love with. Riding their rented bikes, swimming all day and into the night, daily cookies, bocci and corn hole, trivia, and of course, Mickey Bars. We have traveled to many destinations, been on countless cruises, visited the parks more times than I can count, but this place really felt like a vacation - and everyone I the family had the same feeling. Within hours of coming home, I was on the resale market board and made an offer for DVC with HHI as the home resort. Today, passed the ROFR. Only a few hours from our home, it's the perfect location, has everything we look for in a destination, and gave me a good reason to grab a DVC contract here. We look forward to many more visits in the years ahead.

Welcome home!!:cheer2:

After years of trying to get in at HHI, we finally secured a cash room a few weeks back. I did some research, found some fun activities for the family, and we hit the beach on occasion. But it was the relaxation of the resort, the beautiful area it is located, and the activities around the island that my kids fell in love with. Riding their rented bikes, swimming all day and into the night, daily cookies, bocci and corn hole, trivia, and of course, Mickey Bars. We have traveled to many destinations, been on countless cruises, visited the parks more times than I can count, but this place really felt like a vacation - and everyone I the family had the same feeling. Within hours of coming home, I was on the resale market board and made an offer for DVC with HHI as the home resort. Today, passed the ROFR. Only a few hours from our home, it's the perfect location, has everything we look for in a destination, and gave me a good reason to grab a DVC contract here. We look forward to many more visits in the years ahead.
The first time we stayed at HHI, I was searching resale listings by the 2nd day of our trip. I didn't even wait until we got home :goodvibes.

Welcome home!

Checking out today and while it's bittersweet, I had a wonderful time this week. Great weather and it wasn't too crowded with local kids being back in school. CMs were amazing as always - there's a reason why people say HHI's CMs are the best.

I mentioned earlier that the beach house did room key checks and I'm also confirming that the Big Dipper pool is doing them too. I talked to a lifeguard and apparently the resort was having issues with people walking from Shelter Cove and using the pool. I saw a lot more people being asked to leave at the beach house though.

The jellyfish came out this week and I didn't get stung but I saw A LOT of people getting stung. That made the beach house and Big Dipper pool very crowded.

Checking out today and while it's bittersweet, I had a wonderful time this week. Great weather and it wasn't too crowded with local kids being back in school. CMs were amazing as always - there's a reason why people say HHI's CMs are the best.

I mentioned earlier that the beach house did room key checks and I'm also confirming that the Big Dipper pool is doing them too. I talked to a lifeguard and apparently the resort was having issues with people walking from Shelter Cove and using the pool. I saw a lot more people being asked to leave at the beach house though.

The jellyfish came out this week and I didn't get stung but I saw A LOT of people getting stung. That made the beach house and Big Dipper pool very crowded.
Did you happen to hear about any construction beginning? The website still says July 31, 2023. We're considering a trip for Spring Break 2024 and are curious if the rooms will be finished by then. In that vein, what did you think of the rooms? Were they still comfortable enough for a trip or should we wait until we know for sure of a completed refurbishment?

Did you happen to hear about any construction beginning? The website still says July 31, 2023. We're considering a trip for Spring Break 2024 and are curious if the rooms will be finished by then. In that vein, what did you think of the rooms? Were they still comfortable enough for a trip or should we wait until we know for sure of a completed refurbishment?
There is absolutely zero construction happening. My room was in the lodge and nothing was being worked on. I did notice a newer looking microwave in our room, so I do think they were swapped out.

The room I was in was good. One of the light switches stopped working so we had to call a mechanic to fix it but other than that no issues. The couch that pulls out into a bed is insanely uncomfortable though (source: I slept on it). I would stay in the room again. Didn't see anything that was so bad it would make me reconsider.

The couch that pulls out into a bed is insanely uncomfortable though (source: I slept on it). I would stay in the room again. Didn't see anything that was so bad it would make me reconsider.
Did you stay in a 1 Bedroom or a studio? I know that the 1 Bedrooms have a chair as well as the sofa that also folds out into a bed. I don't know if the studios have the fold out chair. But the chair is much more comfortable than the sofa to sleep on.

Did you stay in a 1 Bedroom or a studio? I know that the 1 Bedrooms have a chair as well as the sofa that also folds out into a bed. I don't know if the studios have the fold out chair. But the chair is much more comfortable than the sofa to sleep on.
1 bedroom. My sister was on the chair and had zero complaints.

Glad they are checking, like security, very smart!

The only construction ongoing is behind the front desk area where the main offices are located. Will the refurb be done by spring break 2024? IF they start after Labor Day (which signals the end of the busiest season), AND they devoted numerous teams to the project, AND the material and goods are readily available, then maybe--it's not a huge resort. Though spring break signals the end of the slow season, the actual busy season truly begins the week/weekend of Memorial Day which would give them two extra months to complete the refurb. . .if they start it. As for the microwaves, perhaps they are installing new ones, but it's more likely they simply replaced one that wasn't working.

That being said, though the rooms do have some issues (the sleeper sofas are old, though some of them have been replaced in the past 15-16 months--30 were ordered back in 2022 to swap out the worst ones), overall the rooms are still lovely and comforting and quaint. And comfortable. No need to wait to visit. pirate:

Anyone know if there is still coffee at the Lodge check in area in the morning? Haven’t been here since pre Covid, there used to be which was such a nice touch. If not, what time does Tide Me Over open in the morning, 8 or 9?! Studios have coffee machines with pot, no Keurigs correct? Thanks in advance😎😁
Tide me Over opens at 8 am and I didn't see any coffee in the lodge. They had lemon water and cookies from 3 pm-5 pm though.
Really? Last we were there in December, they would put out the Keurig for self serve coffee in the lobby every morning. Unless this just something they do seasonally…it was a cold week

A FB HH group has discussed the abundance of jellyfish since the water is so warm. UUGH! 🙁Lifeguards have been apparently very proactive on many beaches when they spot a shark. Have always traveled to HH in May..this certainly is concerning..thankfully there are two pools is the jellyfish are really bad.

Anyone know if there is still coffee at the Lodge check in area in the morning? Haven’t been here since pre Covid, there used to be which was such a nice touch. If not, what time does Tide Me Over open in the morning, 8 or 9?! Studios have coffee machines with pot, no Keurigs correct? Thanks in advance😎😁
We checked in yesterday. Complimentary coffee in the lodge and tide me over.

Checking out today. Small parking lot next to marina is closed with a portajohn, dumpster, forklift, and building materials. A 2nd dumpster is next to 14. 3rd dumpster next to 30. Looks like they are about to start room refurbs. Minor refurbs have gone on behind the scenes and on all exterior signs. Beach house foliage has been mowed down this week.

A FB HH group has discussed the abundance of jellyfish since the water is so warm. UUGH! 🙁Lifeguards have been apparently very proactive on many beaches when they spot a shark. Have always traveled to HH in May..this certainly is concerning..thankfully there are two pools is the jellyfish are really bad.
Lifeguards had the purple flag up yesterday for jellyfish.

Really? Last we were there in December, they would put out the Keurig for self serve coffee in the lobby every morning. Unless this just something they do seasonally…it was a cold week
To be honest, since I brought a coffee maker from home it wasn't something I paid too much attention to. Glad to see someone else reported seeing it.

We arrive in a couple of weeks. Is the pool invaded by non-guests a lot? Same with the beach house. How are non-guests getting in? I'm hoping the pools won't be crazy crowded with non-guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter