*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

I thought of a few more DHHI first timer questions....
Is the refillable drink station a Free Style Machine, where you can make your own flavor concoctions?
Does the refill drinks station have hot chocolate or at least the packets?
Is mid-Sept a time where we need to be concerned with no-seeums? If so, what do you recommend we use?
Is there a place near by we can purchase beach chairs instead of renting?
As noted in the previous post - no Free Style machine, just the regular individual types of soda.

I remember seeing hot chocolate at Tide me Over when we were there back in Jan. I don't recall if it was hot water and packets or just a big container you dispensed in a cup. I kind of think it was the latter though. I'm not sure if that would be there during warmer weather though. I've never really noticed, sorry.

As for no-seeums, we've been there once in late Sept and did not notice them at all - at the resort nor at the beach. Still, it never hurts to bring bug repellant. I bring the wipes just for the ease of packing.

As for purchasing beach chairs, I'm sure you can. There is a Walmart on the island: https://www.walmart.com/store/728-hilton-head island-sc

There is also a Target in Bluffton and another Walmart.

The only way non-guests have access to the parking lot is that some have boats docked on the Disney side of Shelter Cove, but even they aren't supposed to stay more than either half an hour or so, enough time to load/unload their boats. The only instances when the time limit is strictly adhered to are fireworks nights, in particular, the 4th of July fireworks. I have seen cars towed in those instances. Additionally, there are some boat cleaning services who park there while providing service to a particular boat(s). All that to say, none of those people (owners, service providers) give a hoot about Disney pool access. I suspect those non-guests invading the pool areas know exactly what they're doing and, likely in some cases, are actually DVC owners who are staying at another resort and know how to sneak in from previous stays at

Sorry, I meant parking at the beach house. I recall that Palmetto Dunes residents and guests are able to park there.

Sorry, I meant parking at the beach house. I recall that Palmetto Dunes residents and guests are able to park there.
Ahh, correct. Technically, non-guests are supposed to use the spaces to the far right of the Beach House parking lot and access the beach via the public path right there. Alas, there is no enforcement of that agreement, so it's a first-come, first-served thing. Again, however, I don't think it's ignorance or playing dumb on the part of non-guests who wind up in the Beach House itself--they wait for someone to come out or in and seize that opportunity. Again, I suspect it's DVC owners who simply aren't staying at the resort that trip and a few others who know how things work. Good on the current CMs for cracking down on non-guests by doing key checks. pirate:

Ahh, correct. Technically, non-guests are supposed to use the spaces to the far right of the Beach House parking lot and access the beach via the public path right there. Alas, there is no enforcement of that agreement, so it's a first-come, first-served thing. Again, however, I don't think it's ignorance or playing dumb on the part of non-guests who wind up in the Beach House itself--they wait for someone to come out or in and seize that opportunity. Again, I suspect it's DVC owners who simply aren't staying at the resort that trip and a few others who know how things work. Good on the current CMs for cracking down on non-guests by doing key checks. pirate:
But can’t you just bring an old key with you to show staff? They should use arm bands.

Stormalong Bay has Cast Members checking Magic Bands. In demand pools, attract “pool hoppers” who aren’t staying but want to use pool unfortunately. If there is no security, Then the guests can’t find pool chairs.🙁

Will anyone be leaving Chairs and or Umbrella around Sept 23rd? Would love to use and leave for other guests afterwards.

1st Trip to HHI this year 4th of July week. Wow we were impressed and feel in love. We have been to both Vero Beach and HHI, honestly for us it is not even close. Loved HHI. Working hard for a resale contract. Does anyone know if there is a Service or company on Hilton Head that is like or similar to Owners Locker? I could see that we would love to have some beach accessories and other types of things available for return visits. We might want to Fly in rather than drive to the resort, so rather than have to purchase items for every visit it would be nice to figure out how to store items.

I thought of a few more DHHI first timer questions....
Is the refillable drink station a Free Style Machine, where you can make your own flavor concoctions?
Does the refill drinks station have hot chocolate or at least the packets?
Is mid-Sept a time where we need to be concerned with no-seeums? If so, what do you recommend we use?
Is there a place near by we can purchase beach chairs instead of renting?

We purchased our beach chairs on our first trip at the local grocery. They might be a little more expensive than Target or Walmart but we felt our time away from our vacation was worth something.

That’s what I’ll probably do since we won’t have a car, but also heard some people leave their chairs to pass along to others.

At HHI, Where is the guest laundry for members staying in a studio? Has anyone used the guest laundry at HHI?

At HHI, Where is the guest laundry for members staying in a studio? Has anyone used the guest laundry at HHI?
I know that it's in the building that's attached to the Main Lodge-that's building 12. If you go out the front door of the Lodge and take a right, it's the first room you come to on the right. You can probably smell that laundry/dryer smell.

Can someone who's at the resort now either confirm or deny that the Dunkin Donuts is still in business? Thanks. I read recently a list of places that had closed, and surprisingly it was on the list. But then I checked google a few days ago, and it said that it's still in business. It's on Rte 278, not far from Walmart.

1st Trip to HHI this year 4th of July week. Wow we were impressed and feel in love. We have been to both Vero Beach and HHI, honestly for us it is not even close. Loved HHI. Working hard for a resale contract. Does anyone know if there is a Service or company on Hilton Head that is like or similar to Owners Locker? I could see that we would love to have some beach accessories and other types of things available for return visits. We might want to Fly in rather than drive to the resort, so rather than have to purchase items for every visit it would be nice to figure out how to store items.
Not sure if there is an owner's locker style set up on HHI; however, some of those on here who've been going a long time may know and might chime in. And, yes, you discovered the true magic of HHI. I totally agree with you that there is no comparison between VB and HHI--the latter wins hands down.

Will anyone be leaving Chairs and or Umbrella around Sept 23rd? Would love to use and leave for other guests afterwards.
If no one does leave any while you're there, you might ask the Beach House CMs. They often have extra chairs in the store room next to the Nature Center (or whatever it's called) over there. Guests will leave them there because they aren't going back to the resort or don't want to take them back. I've seen as many as five chairs and a couple of umbrellas in there. pirate:

Simba's Mom gave you perfect directions. There are two washers and two dryers in there and they're in good shape. The room is cleaned and wiped down at least once a day, usually more. Also, the ice machine is located in that same room.

Not sure if there is an owner's locker style set up on HHI; however, some of those on here who've been going a long time may know and might chime in. And, yes, you discovered the true magic of HHI. I totally agree with you that there is no comparison between VB and HHI--the latter wins hands down.

If no one does leave any while you're there, you might ask the Beach House CMs. They often have extra chairs in the store room next to the Nature Center (or whatever it's called) over there. Guests will leave them there because they aren't going back to the resort or don't want to take them back. I've seen as many as five chairs and a couple of umbrellas in there. pirate:

Simba's Mom gave you perfect directions. There are two washers and two dryers in there and they're in good shape. The room is cleaned and wiped down at least once a day, usually more. Also, the ice machine is located in that same room.
Thank you

Can someone who's at the resort now either confirm or deny that the Dunkin Donuts is still in business? Thanks. I read recently a list of places that had closed, and surprisingly it was on the list. But then I checked google a few days ago, and it said that it's still in business. It's on Rte 278, not far from Walmart.
In Northern Virginia they are alive and well.

Does anyone have any insights or updates on the refurbishment schedule? Hoping to book for Spring Break and wanting to manage expectations.

In Northern Virginia they are alive and well.
When we lived in central Massachusetts, there was a Dunkin Donuts on every street corner, or closer. But unfortunately they're not where we live now. We've always liked an occasional visit to the one on Hilton Head, but were really sad to hear that it might have closed. I hope it's still open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter