*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

Also be aware that a couple people have encountered cars late at night on bike paths! Several years ago we were at the resort the Thanksgiving before DH ran the Dopey, but all I remember is that he ran out and back to the Beach House (3 miles round trip) and ran on the beach for the rest of the distance.

We have visited mlk at hhi and enjoyed the weather. Tide me over will be open. We enjoyed riding bikes, eating, playing at the resort. Savannah is fun. They will do campfire as well.
Actually, they are currently holding the campfires on Mondays and Saturdays only, 5:00. We are at HHIR now and didn’t know that, missing the only day possible.

I didn’t ask, but haven’t seen any. They have had a good assortment of very tasty cookies out from 3-5. Coffee has only been out in the lobby from 6-8am.

We just got back from HHI. The characters were out by the Merchantile lower level. During our stay it was every other day. Times varied. They were out briefly... I mean brief! There were a total of 3 families waiting, we got a lot of time with Chip and Dale. They stayed to say hi to each family, pictures, then didn't stay too long at all. But it was fun!

We just got back from HHI. The characters were out by the Merchantile lower level. During our stay it was every other day. Times varied. They were out briefly... I mean brief! There were a total of 3 families waiting, we got a lot of time with Chip and Dale. They stayed to say hi to each family, pictures, then didn't stay too long at all. But it was fun!
I have only seen Pluto in the past, so didn’t realize Chip & Dale came now! That’s fun :)

HHI is awesome, but does anyone else think the hot tub should be just for adults? We were trying to relax and a family came in with 4 kids, who were jumping, splashing, being kids. But seriously, why can't it be just adults? Kids aren't supposed to use hot tubs anyway.

HHI is awesome, but does anyone else think the hot tub should be just for adults? We were trying to relax and a family came in with 4 kids, who were jumping, splashing, being kids. But seriously, why can't it be just adults? Kids aren't supposed to use hot tubs anyway.
Definitely! I've gone by there when there were a bunch of little kids in it using it like a kiddie pool.

Does anyone know what type of coffee makers are in the one bedrooms there? We are going soon and I want to know if I should buy my pods or ground. Thanks.

Dee

Does anyone know what type of coffee makers are in the one bedrooms there? We are going soon and I want to know if I should buy my pods or ground. Thanks.

Dee
Ground coffee. Still have the Cuisinart STAY drip coffee makers in the rooms.

If I remember correctly, we needed cone filters for the coffee maker.
The coffee maker has a cone shape mesh basket. No filters needed. I have a beach question (just checked in and didn’t get down to beach house)….is there an option for beach chair rental? Like regular beach chairs, not the wooden ones that can be rented on the beach…

Thanks,
Dee

The coffee maker has a cone shape mesh basket. No filters needed. I have a beach question (just checked in and didn’t get down to beach house)….is there an option for beach chair rental? Like regular beach chairs, not the wooden ones that can be rented on the beach…

Thanks,
Dee
I don't think so. Disney has none to rent, and the ones provided by HHI Beach Shore Services are wooden, as you mention. Now, sometimes, there are extra, inexpensive ones in the storage room at the Beach House (ask a CM), and sometimes there are extras left behind at the resort. However, those options are both hit and miss. Most who don't want to bring chairs or rent the expensive wooden ones, just buy inexpensive chairs from Kroger or Walmart and then leave them behind for someone else to use when they arrive, paying if forward, if you will. pirate:

Thanks,
Dee
Thank you. I will check to see if they have any regular chairs that have been left behind. For today, since we have plans this morning, we will just rent the wooden ones.

We are also timeshare owners at one of the Marriotts on the island and I called to see if we can use the amenities this week even though we are not staying there and we can! So at least one day before we leave we will go over there and rent the chairs from them and have lunch at their beach bar !!! Best of both worlds….😎

Thank you. I will check to see if they have any regular chairs that have been left behind. For today, since we have plans this morning, we will just rent the wooden ones.

We are also timeshare owners at one of the Marriotts on the island and I called to see if we can use the amenities this week even though we are not staying there and we can! So at least one day before we leave we will go over there and rent the chairs from them and have lunch at their beach bar !!! Best of both worlds….😎

You can rental chairs from here. They are the rental place right at the guard shack into Palmetto Dunes. We always rent our stuff from here from the week.

https://www.hiltonheadoutfitters.com/beach-chair-umbrella-rentals

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter