*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

IMG_2058.jpeg
At dhhir now. Anybody know what these are for? I have seen a few around the resort.

Last edited:
Workers have fences up and items covered on the porches.

Refurb is heavy around 19,30,29. The room in 14 appears complete.

Last edited:
View attachment 800142
At dhhir now. Anybody know what these are for? I have seen a few around the resort.
No, but I do know that one year, I sat on our porch all week thinking "I wonder what those are for?" because there was one right across from our deck. I remember that someone told me it had something to do with water, but I couldn't figure it out.

No, but I do know that one year, I sat on our porch all week thinking "I wonder what those are for?" because there was one right across from our deck. I remember that someone told me it had something to do with water, but I couldn't figure it out.
Yes, I heard the same--something to do with ameliorating the effect of the higher tides when they encroach upon the resort such as what happened a week to 10 days ago.

HHI is awesome, but does anyone else think the hot tub should be just for adults? We were trying to relax and a family came in with 4 kids, who were jumping, splashing, being kids. But seriously, why can't it be just adults? Kids aren't supposed to use hot tubs anyway.
Ditto. We couldn’t even approach it..a lot of kids running around and in it splashing. I love children, got some of my own 😉, but wouldn’t mind seeing an “adult only time” for the hot tub either. (In any of the resorts)
Dee

So sorry for all the questions, but we go to HH next week and it's our first time. Are the pools heated? Noticed it'll be upper 60s-low 70s when we're there.

My wife is asking about going to HHI for spring break in late March. Is that normally an OK time of year to travel there?

My wife is asking about going to HHI for spring break in late March. Is that normally an OK time of year to travel there?
Yes. Ocean temps won't be suitable for swimming, but the overall weather should be decent. You may have some cool days (especially if it rains), but you could also have very pleasant days. . .most likely both. The majority of restaurants now stay open year round, and those which do close for a week or two, will be back open by the advent of the spring break season. Outdoor activities will mostly be back in full swing by then, as well.

I moved my Spring trips to later in April this coming year because last year in early April it was chillier than expected and I had to actually buy a light jacket while there.

We only got one beach day in. That said, if you are golfers the weather should be nice for that.

Dee

We enjoy March at DHHIR. We may swim in the heated pool, but not in the ocean. We normally enjoy riding bikes and other activities during this time.

We are going on Good Friday in 2024!
We live in Oregon and are used to the ocean being too cold to swim in. We also tend to travel to Aulani in the summer and I don’t think my kids could swim in anything below 70 degrees now 🤣.

We normally go to the theme parks over Spring break, but thought it would be good to expose the kiddos to another part of the country. We don’t have to use DVC points for this, but after some discussion my wife thought that Hilton Head and Savannah could be a lot of fun.

I really appreciate the insights from other owners as it looks to be a beautiful resort.

We enjoy March at DHHIR. We may swim in the heated pool, but not in the ocean. We normally enjoy riding bikes and other activities during this time.

We are going on Good Friday in 2024!
Good luck with dining on Good Friday! Unfortunately, I love seafood, and every seafood restaurant was packed the Good Friday we were there. However, we ended up at British Open Pub. Good Choice! They only have 2 seafood options, both of which I liked, and since they want to attract the Good Friday fish eaters, both were on "special". And because British Open Pub isn't a traditionally seafood restaurant, not as busy as others.

We live in Oregon and are used to the ocean being too cold to swim in. We also tend to travel to Aulani in the summer and I don’t think my kids could swim in anything below 70 degrees now 🤣.

We normally go to the theme parks over Spring break, but thought it would be good to expose the kiddos to another part of the country. We don’t have to use DVC points for this, but after some discussion my wife thought that Hilton Head and Savannah could be a lot of fun.

I really appreciate the insights from other owners as it looks to be a beautiful resort.
My wife and her family are from portland!

We love dhhir. I think it is much smaller than Aulani. Savannah and HHI are great to visit!

Good luck with dining on Good Friday! Unfortunately, I love seafood, and every seafood restaurant was packed the Good Friday we were there. However, we ended up at British Open Pub. Good Choice! They only have 2 seafood options, both of which I liked, and since they want to attract the Good Friday fish eaters, both were on "special". And because British Open Pub isn't a traditionally seafood restaurant, not as busy as others.
Thanks for the heads up!
On hhi, we try to make reservations at the serg restaurants since we have a little one for dinner. We tend to eat breakfast and lunch on resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter