*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

Oh my, that’s great! I think it’s needed, and never thought they would because it’s a ‘42 ending resort!

Are there studios and one bedrooms in #28?
I think there is one studio, one 1-BR, one GV, and at least one 2-BR (maybe more?).

I'm also glad they are putting in an elevator there. I wonder how they will handle booking that building though. I guess it will be a request not a guarantee like the lodge. We always request the lodge for a studio or 1-BR and have been lucky to get it since my DH needs the elevator some for his bad knees. But there's a much greater chance of getting those since there's more in that location. We've always thought we could never book a GV due to needing an elevator. I'm not sure I can take that risk if it's just a request.

I think there is one studio, one 1-BR, one GV, and at least one 2-BR (maybe more?).

I'm also glad they are putting in an elevator there. I wonder how they will handle booking that building though. I guess it will be a request not a guarantee like the lodge. We always request the lodge for a studio or 1-BR and have been lucky to get it since my DH needs the elevator some for his bad knees. But there's a much greater chance of getting those since there's more in that location. We've always thought we could never book a GV due to needing an elevator. I'm not sure I can take that risk if it's just a request.
Looking at the booking tool for dvc, I now see HA options for studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, and GV at DHHIR.

Looking at the booking tool for dvc, I now see HA options for studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, and GV at DHHIR.
Interesting! I decided to look and found that for our week in October, a hearing-accessible GV is bookable but not handicapped-accessible. A handicapped-accessible with option for hearing-accessible 2-BR is not available. Maybe they just haven't loaded them yet. Do we know for sure that they are turning the rooms in Building 28 into handicapped-accessible rooms?

All the GV buildings have one studio, one 1BR, one GV, and four 2BRs. The four 2BRs are on each end of the building, top and bottom floor just like a regular building. In between, you have the GV, studio, and 1BR. Unknown if they're making Bldg 28 rooms HA or not, though the reasonable assumption is they are.

Interesting! I decided to look and found that for our week in October, a hearing-accessible GV is bookable but not handicapped-accessible. A handicapped-accessible with option for hearing-accessible 2-BR is not available. Maybe they just haven't loaded them yet. Do we know for sure that they are turning the rooms in Building 28 into handicapped-accessible rooms?
Nothing official, but they must be spending a good bit of time/money/effort to add the elevator and ramps to each room for 28 only.

Do we know for sure that they are turning the rooms in Building 28 into handicapped-accessible rooms?
I wondered about that also. And someone on another board, who's there now, said that it wasn't clear in building 28 whether the elevator will stop on the first floor, or just be for access to the top floor for the GV.

My family has never visited HH but are looking at spring of next year. We would need 2 rooms and elevator access is pretty essential for my mom. We would not need a HA room but she would not be able to navigate stairs due to mobility issues. I’ve been unable to find info on room breakdown of main lodge building and building 28 that is having elevator added. If we requested a 1 bedroom and a 2 bedroom lockoff would that increase chances of being in main building? I thought I read most 1 bedrooms are in main building. Any info appreciated!

My family has never visited HH but are looking at spring of next year. We would need 2 rooms and elevator access is pretty essential for my mom. We would not need a HA room but she would not be able to navigate stairs due to mobility issues. I’ve been unable to find info on room breakdown of main lodge building and building 28 that is having elevator added. If we requested a 1 bedroom and a 2 bedroom lockoff would that increase chances of being in main building? I thought I read most 1 bedrooms are in main building. Any info appreciated!
you can not book a 2 bedroom lock off but if you book a HA 2 bedroom, it will a lock off be in building 11 or 12 (or possibly 28 now).

To follow up on meekey's note above, when the renovations are complete, Bldg 28 will have an elevator, though it's currently uncertain just which rooms will have access to it. Some reports have mentioned they seem to be putting in an extended walkway much like Bldgs 14 & 15 have which allows guests to walk to either side without going down to ground level. If that's the case, then 28 would be optimal as it has four 2BRs, a 1BR, and a studio in addition to the GV. Bldgs 11 and 12 each have adjoining 1BRs and studios that can be turned into a 2BR lockoff, but you'd have to make that specific request, and those are all HA equipped. I believe there are two such sets of rooms in each building meaning that there could potentially be four HA 2BR lockoffs. Your best bet is to call the resort and discuss it with them.

I have a question about the onsite bike rentals, specifically, the ones you rent from the rec desk...

Is there a way to attach our own "pull-behind" wagon to the resort bikes? We have the adapter piece that simply screws into place, but you have to be able to remove the rear wheel to attach it. I was hoping to bring the wagon so we could ride our bikes to the grocery store, beach, etc, and not have to worry about if we could carry everything back in our backpacks. (This is a link to the wagon Schwinn Day and this is the adapter )

If we can't use it, I'm not too worried. We can always drive to the store and beach.8-)

I have a question about the onsite bike rentals, specifically, the ones you rent from the rec desk...

Is there a way to attach our own "pull-behind" wagon to the resort bikes? We have the adapter piece that simply screws into place, but you have to be able to remove the rear wheel to attach it. I was hoping to bring the wagon so we could ride our bikes to the grocery store, beach, etc, and not have to worry about if we could carry everything back in our backpacks. (This is a link to the wagon Schwinn Day and this is the adapter )

If we can't use it, I'm not too worried. We can always drive to the store and beach.8-)
Hopefully, someone will come along who knows for sure, but my guess would be yes.I do know that they rent those little pull behind wagons (or did, last I looked). And since the pull-behinds looked pretty much like all the ones I've seen, my guess would be yes.

I almost forgot to mention here-if there's anyone who's not a member of the Disney Hilton Head Island Resort Facebook page, someone on there mentioned 2 used furniture stores in the Orlando area where she'd found items removed from the Hilton Head Resort during the renovation. She also said that last time she was there, she'd seen a whole bunch of those shadowbox birds like in the photo. I tried to tell her she should have bought a whole bunch-she would have found many willing buyers. Also, she mentioned them being on Ebay. DH has a watch on "Hilton Head Furniture".

Attachments

• IMG_0846.jpeg
    IMG_0846.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 20
Has there been any news on the pool upgrades at Hilton Head? With 2 young grandchildren really hoping they upgrade the small round “baby pool” to a walk in fun splash pad/ pool we’ve seen at the other resorts.

I almost forgot to mention here-if there's anyone who's not a member of the Disney Hilton Head Island Resort Facebook page, someone on there mentioned 2 used furniture stores in the Orlando area where she'd found items removed from the Hilton Head Resort during the renovation. She also said that last time she was there, she'd seen a whole bunch of those shadowbox birds like in the photo. I tried to tell her she should have bought a whole bunch-she would have found many willing buyers. Also, she mentioned them being on Ebay. DH has a watch on "Hilton Head Furniture".
I watch Disney Hilton Head items on Ebay and have bought multiple different items over the past few years.
I really want to buy one of the hand made tiles from the kitchen.

I have no clue whether you can attach your own pull-behind; however, as noted above, the resort offers them, though it's on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Has there been any news on the pool upgrades at Hilton Head? With 2 young grandchildren really hoping they upgrade the small round “baby pool” to a walk in fun splash pad/ pool we’ve seen at the other resorts.
At this time, there has been no mention of upgrading any of the pool area. That doesn't mean it won't happen at some point, but as far as I know, it's not part of this renovation.

Hi folks! We’ve been to HHI several times, but only in studios. Now we’re going for a week in a one bedroom in August, and I’m wondering if all the one bedrooms have larger balconies with tables, or is it only a few, like the studios? That would be our number one request, if it’s variable. Thanks for your help!

Hi folks! We’ve been to HHI several times, but only in studios. Now we’re going for a week in a one bedroom in August, and I’m wondering if all the one bedrooms have larger balconies with tables, or is it only a few, like the studios? That would be our number one request, if it’s variable. Thanks for your help!
They all have a large balcony with a table for 4. Some of the one bedrooms in live oak lodge have extended balconies but all of them are good-sized :) we prefer the 1 bedroom directly behind the check in desk or the unit above that one.

I attached a pic with the extended balconies highlighted in green and the normal one in red (this is for live oak lodge)

Attachments

• IMG_9712.jpeg
    IMG_9712.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter