*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

Please post on how the weather is and how the crowds (I hope not much) are. We're hoping to go in April next year.
We have been in February and March…definitely off seasons! We have also been in May. This will be our first April trip, and we’re hoping it’s just right!

We cancelled our April stay in a studio and upgraded our October stay to a 1-BR. I have a few extra points and am wanting to add a night in a studio at the beginning of the trip. I think it would be neat to experience both room types after the refurbishment. Problem is I don't have enough HHI points to book it. I only have 8, and I have 2 AKV points. My plan was to buy 4 one-time UY points at the 7-month mark, but it looks like studios are gone at the 7-month mark immediately. These points can't be purchased online, can they? I think you have to wait an hour to call. By then, it will be gone. Any suggestions?

We cancelled our April stay in a studio and upgraded our October stay to a 1-BR. I have a few extra points and am wanting to add a night in a studio at the beginning of the trip. I think it would be neat to experience both room types after the refurbishment. Problem is I don't have enough HHI points to book it. I only have 8, and I have 2 AKV points. My plan was to buy 4 one-time UY points at the 7-month mark, but it looks like studios are gone at the 7-month mark immediately. These points can't be purchased online, can they? I think you have to wait an hour to call. By then, it will be gone. Any suggestions?
The only way around this is to book a “fake” night now at any resort that is the amount of points you need (maybe a weekend night at SSR in September?) Call and buy your one time use points and then when it’s time to book HHI, be online right at 8am and modify the fake night to the unit you actually want.

The only way around this is to book a “fake” night now at any resort that is the amount of points you need (maybe a weekend night at SSR in September?) Call and buy your one time use points and then when it’s time to book HHI, be online right at 8am and modify the fake night to the unit you actually want.
Good idea! I guess it does come with some risks though. I could buy them and then not get the room.

Good idea! I guess it does come with some risks though. I could buy them and then not get the room.
Yes you would be out $80ish. You could be out more though if the 8 HHI and 2 AKL points were borrowed. If current use year and not past the banking deadline.

I was able to add a day on after the 7 month window by calling MS and received the DVC Discounted rate for August. They do not offer 27 OTUP :) and we do not like to borrow for just us only doing so for larger family trips.

Yes you would be out $80ish. You could be out more though if the 8 HHI and 2 AKL points were borrowed. If current use year and not past the banking deadline.

I was able to add a day on after the 7 month window by calling MS and received the DVC Discounted rate for August. They do not offer 27 OTUP :) and we do not like to borrow for just us only doing so for larger family trips.
The 10 points are 2024 points. They can be banked into 2025. I'm like you; I don't like to borrow points for just us. I keep thinking I can always borrow 6 points, but I'm hoping to take a family trip in 2025 and want to make sure I have enough. As far as the 2 AKV points, I guess it would be wise to just bank them. I'm planning on possibly selling that contract, but I realize 2 banked points won't mean much so that's why I'm wishing I could just use them.

The 10 points are 2024 points. They can be banked into 2025. I'm like you; I don't like to borrow points for just us. I keep thinking I can always borrow 6 points, but I'm hoping to take a family trip in 2025 and want to make sure I have enough. As far as the 2 AKV points, I guess it would be wise to just bank them. I'm planning on possibly selling that contract, but I realize 2 banked points won't mean much so that's why I'm wishing I could just use them.
If you are going to sell the AKL maybe borrow the 4 points from there if available at 7 months.

2 points banked vs 4 points borrowed is not going to make a big difference if selling it.

The only thing in that case is if you had a certain time frame in which you wanted it sold as you would not be able to close until the october trip with the 4 borrowed points had been completed.

Whatever we decide to do, I’m just excited to be back at HHI this October! So excited to be in a 1-BR!!! I do want to try out the studio too as we will probably be adding on more HHI points in order to stay in larger rooms and take more family trips. We might not want to stay in a studio after this year! 😂

Looks like the refurb is working on 13,14,15 based on the DVC Fan video.
I wonder if they are finished with every building except 11,12,13?
Our next trip is late March, so I will update then.
Our trip is in a 1BR, arriving March 31! I would love it if the lodge were done, but if not, I am honestly just happy to be back at HHI :love:.

We will be happy with whatever we get....If we are in the lodge (unrefurbished), we will have an elevator and a chance at a top floor with nobody above us. If we are not in the lodge, we will have a refurbished room! Win/Win! (....or lose/lose....but I don't want to be negative:upsidedow)

I was just there a couple of days ago.
They are working on a lot of buildings right now:
11, 12, 14, 15, and 16.
I assume they were working on 13, but I couldn't really tell.
18 was unoccupied, but looks like it has been completed. All the lights were on. I assume they are just doing the final things (like housekeeping, etc) before they open it back up.
The only thing open at that end of the resort was the check-in desk.

ps I had a 1-br unit. Because 11 and 12 were closed, I had a unit under a grand villa in bldg 30. I for one really liked
the refurbished rooms, although I don't particularly like being under a GV.

11, 12, 14, 15, and 16.
18 was unoccupied, but looks like it has been completed. All the lights were on. I assume they are just doing the final things (like housekeeping, etc) before they open it back up.

ps I had a 1-br unit. Because 11 and 12 were closed, I had a unit under a grand villa in bldg 30. I for one really liked
Thank you. What about buildings 29, 28, 27, and 26? Were they under construction or completed or not able to tell?

Thank you. What about buildings 29, 28, 27, and 26? Were they under construction or completed or not able to tell?
Those buildings were all occupied and I assume the were all completed since 30 was completed. I got the impression that they started at that end and worked their way to the other end, but I can't be 100% certain. But the end by the lodge was all closed off except for access to the check-in desk. Even the boardwalk in front of 14 and 15 was closed.

Those buildings were all occupied and I assume the were all completed since 30 was completed. I got the impression that they started at that end and worked their way to the other end, but I can't be 100% certain. But the end by the lodge was all closed off except for access to the check-in desk. Even the boardwalk in front of 14 and 15 was closed.
Thank you!

11, 12,
14, 15, and 16.

I wonder how fast they have been completing the buildings...
This makes me very optimistic that we might get a refurbished 1BR AND stay in the main lodge by our arrival on March 31! Fingers crossed....

I was surprised how many Disney Trading Pin Boards Vero Beach had, does Hilton Head have Pin Trading Boards? How many do they have on property?

I was surprised how many Disney Trading Pin Boards Vero Beach had, does Hilton Head have Pin Trading Boards? How many do they have on property?
Usually one at the front desk and another at the Mercantile; however, often there are guests there who put out pin trading boards at their front doors--leave one, take one kind of thing.

I wonder how fast they have been completing the buildings...
This makes me very optimistic that we might get a refurbished 1BR AND stay in the main lodge by our arrival on March 31! Fingers crossed....

Please post if you do. We had a stay in a 1 BR scheduled beginning April 8th, and when we were there over Thanksgiving, DH said there was no way his 72 yo back could stand another stay with that Living Room Couch. So we cancelled our April stay, just in case. I'd be happy for you (and your backs) if you get one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter