*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

DVC Fan has a resort spotlight video on DHHIR!

Sounds like the DVC Fan group enjoyed their visit to DHHIR!

I watched it before seeing this note. They did seem to love it, but they could have gone into a little better detail about things such as the parking situation, the Beach House, which buildings seem to offer the best marsh views (and they kept calling the marsh a "bay"), etc. Still, I posted a note saying I was happy they loved the place!

Please do report on how you find the comfort of the couch. Sounds like we should pack the heating pad and the Icy Hot just in case. Last year DH's 72 yo back desperately needed both.
Driving / AutoTrain next trip, so we plan to pack folding lawn chairs - they are much more comfortable than the new "ouch-couch" :earboy2:

View attachment 842776
View attachment 842777
As you can see, the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash now have pump buttons on the bottom vice pump spouts on the top. pirate:

Edited to add: The containers in the shower/tub have locking mechanisms on top if any of you are worried about such things. ;)
Darn! At first I thought there was a grab bar in the bath tub, but then I realized it was just a reflection from the sliding door handle.

View attachment 842776
View attachment 842777
As you can see, the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash now have pump buttons on the bottom vice pump spouts on the top. pirate:

Edited to add: The containers in the shower/tub have locking mechanisms on top if any of you are worried about such things. ;)

First thing I do is close the blind over the window in the studio bathroom! I see the window reflected in the shower door.

I did not find the new couches uncomfortable at BWV and BCV - that I remember.

Last edited:
Anyone ever been at Hilton Head for Easter on here? We will be down there this year at Easter, do they do anything special on property? We stayed at Wilderness Lodge last Halloween and they had activities for the kids so we are wondering if they do something like that for Easter?

Anyone ever been at Hilton Head for Easter on here? We will be down there this year at Easter, do they do anything special on property? We stayed at Wilderness Lodge last Halloween and they had activities for the kids so we are wondering if they do something like that for Easter?
We've been to HHI for Easter, but it was 13 years ago, so things could (and probably have) changed. That year they had a brunch available at the Beach House. They also had a Golden Easer Egg hunt, where you followed clues and the first person to find it got a prize. I remember the best part was that B'leu was at the Brunch, and I mentioned that I missed Shadow, so later he brought Shadow to the main pool and found me to visit with Shadow.

Attachments

• 020.jpeg
    020.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 12
Check in desk told us today that all studio, 1 bedroom, and grand villas are completed.

We saw 26,27, and 29 are the last 2 bedroom buildings left.

Workers were working in the lodge rooms today.

Check in desk told us today that all studio, 1 bedroom, and grand villas are completed.

We saw 26,27, and 29 are the last 2 bedroom buildings left.

Workers were working in the lodge rooms today.
Have they started them or are they still using them? We are in a 2 bedroom - fingers crossed we get refurb but we will just be happy to be there and the weather looks amazing next week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter