• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHI Resort in September

woody64

DIS Veteran
Hello! We are looking to stay at the DVC Hilton Head Island Resort in late September for our first trip to the island. What is the island like this time of year? Does anything close down with it being after Labor Day? Thanks for any help.

Hello! We are looking to stay at the DVC Hilton Head Island Resort in late September for our first trip to the island. What is the island like this time of year? Does anything close down with it being after Labor Day? Thanks for any help.
I would recommend that you check out the HHI Owners and Lovers Thread for more information.

If you post on that thread, you may get more answers as well.

First, none of the restaurants close down. And the shuttle from the resort to the beach operates year-round, We've never been to the resort "in-season" (June-August) so we don't know what's available then that's not available when we go. Several CMs have told us that late September is the best time to be on the island-best combination of warm enough to enjoy the beach, but quiet enough not to wait at restaurants.

September sounds wonderful. We generally have been there in Feb or March - when its too cold for the beach (I had one Summer trip). Restaurants should be open, but reservations should be available for everything easily - with the exception of the most popular places (make one for Fish Camp). Some places (the Sociable Bakery - if it made it through Covid, we haven't been since just before Covid happened) go to off-season hours. But we've still done things like Dolphin tours in the off season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter