• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHI to WDW?

herb102211

DIS Veteran
We're headed to HHI next month and also have a night booked for WDW for the Flower and Garden Festival.

Is 95 our best route to/from WDW from HHI, or is there another route anyone's driven that they'd recommend over 95? Thanks!

And tell us how it goes! We've thought a few times of combining a trip to WDW with a HHI trip. And in case you need the info, you can buy a refillable mug at either place, and use the same one at both places.
How far is it? I'm thinking 5 1/2-6 hours?

We are just finishing a trip tomorrow....Home to WDW to HHI to Home. We drove to WDW from the Philadelphia area. Drove down Friday PM (after work) arrived around 5pm Saturday and booked one night at a Hilton hotel near Int’l Drive. Checked in to Rivera Resort on Sunday, for 3 nights, then drove north to HHI for 4 more nights. HHI after a WDW stay is a great way to wind down after crashing the parks for a few days. We drove I-95 of course...time is valuable on a Disney vacation and it is the best way to go. It is important to think what time you want to travel through major metro areas. The nice thing about this trip is that HHI is on the way back home for us...it should be about a 12 hour drive which is better than 17 hours coming back from WDW (the ride home is always harder from vacations).This is our 5th time driving to FL and our first stop at HHI....WE WILL DO IT AGAIN...but we know that HHI can be hard to book at times.

We are just finishing a trip tomorrow....Home to WDW to HHI to Home. We drove to WDW from the Philadelphia area. Drove down Friday PM (after work) arrived around 5pm Saturday and booked one night at a Hilton hotel near Int’l Drive. Checked in to Rivera Resort on Sunday, for 3 nights, then drove north to HHI for 4 more nights. HHI after a WDW stay is a great way to wind down after crashing the parks for a few days. We drove I-95 of course...time is valuable on a Disney vacation and it is the best way to go. It is important to think what time you want to travel through major metro areas. The nice thing about this trip is that HHI is on the way back home for us...it should be about a 12 hour drive which is better than 17 hours coming back from WDW (the ride home is always harder from vacations).This is our 5th time driving to FL and our first stop at HHI....WE WILL DO IT AGAIN...but we know that HHI can be hard to book at times.

Thanks so much! We will be driving to HHI from CT, then to WDW and back to HHI before headed home. Looking forward to switching things up a bit and not strictly going to WDW.

And tell us how it goes! We've thought a few times of combining a trip to WDW with a HHI trip. And in case you need the info, you can buy a refillable mug at either place, and use the same one at both places.
How far is it? I'm thinking 5 1/2-6 hours?

Will do! It's about 5 hours. I've heard HHI has the refillable mugs too, but I'm not sure if you can use one from WDW there or vice versa.

Will do! It's about 5 hours. I've heard HHI has the refillable mugs too, but I'm not sure if you can use one from WDW there or vice versa.
I've done the same stopover with my children and would recommend staying an extra couple days at HHI as it is a wonderful, relaxing resort, great beach, low country, lots of activities, dining, biking right there.

It's five hours. We drive down from CT. My boys are older and the ride was easier now that they are older but there are plenty of rest areas along the way. I would just plan ahead and pack a cooler with waters, drinks, snacks and make the stops as short as possible.

The refillable mug was just extended for the time we stayed in WDW. There was a new sticker put on the bottom with the new checkout date/new receipt.

We drive from MA, yes take 95, usually when you get to Jacksonville we take 295 East belt to avoid Jacksonville traffic. If you use a GPS it will probably tell you to use it too. We usually get to WDW on Sunday morning, we shoot to get there before 12:00 to avoid I-4 traffic in Orlando. Lots of crashes with that construction going on.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter