HHN 2021

Has there been any news about the possibility of this year’s HHNs going ahead? Are the dates usually published by now?

It is planned to go ahead, but no dates announced yet.

Keep checking back though, as soon as details are posted keishashadow always does her regular thread with all chat, rumours and thoughts.

Nice to see you :wave2:

I have just booked a ‘back up’, instead of my (perhaps doomed)(maybe as well as😉) October trip. And you can’t be in Orlando in October and not do HHNs, now can you? Hoping to be able to book a VIP tour.

I haven’t heard any news yet but I booked our hotel for the last week of September weeks ago. I think it will be packed this year (and possibly sell out weekends) even if they aren’t totally back to normal.

I've already booked for Halloween and am hoping to book the RIP tour, but honestly, it won't matter. USO did great last year with what they could and I'll be happy just being there :)
I was very pleasantly surprised that they offered up the ‘free’ houses. It was very much appreciated by majority that were there.

Of course, there were those who pitched one about the plexiglass ‘ruining’ things :rolleyes1 I give up trying to figure out people

I haven’t heard any news yet but I booked our hotel for the last week of September weeks ago. I think it will be packed this year (and possibly sell out weekends) even if they aren’t totally back to normal.
Have heard unofficially a few of the 2020 houses are pencilled in...they aren’t going to walk away from Beetlejuice draw.

Many who had purchased the BOGO tix plan on redeeming them this year. Not sure if that would equate to an appreciable bump or just the same gang coming a year later sort of thing.

Hmmm define normal...not sure we will entirely be back to the point by the fall. The ‘revenge travel’ phenom will likely fire up late spring into summer as long as vaccines roll out to protect the masses. Just not sure that people (those who live in US within a few hours travel via plane) will plan their normal vacation week around HHN.

My thoughts on this, and i’m Sure many feel completely different:

Those who are comping at the bit will plan an earlier, longer trip. If things go well, then will plan a ‘bonus’ long weekend trip for HHN. Reasonably priced, seasonal APs easily can help that cause.

IMO it’s not helping that the onsite rates are coming out especially high this year. Can’t blame Loews for testing to see what the market will bear as to onsite hotel rates.

in the past it was certainly not uncommon for the weekends to sell out closer to the HHN dates. As long as all the onsite EP properties are up & running, don’t expect any huge run on the properties until things are announced & more likely, a month or so out.

Many here do routinely book rack rate & then modify, believe that’s probably a small microcosm of their overall guests’ method of operation. setting the barre too high just might backfire on Loews. Do think many people may pump the brakes & book later this year.

I booked in August for October 2021. Wise people here said book as soon as you know when you want to go. We are hoping for HHN, but plan on going either way. The news on Beetlejuice is great, we are big fans.

I was very pleasantly surprised that they offered up the ‘free’ houses. It was very much appreciated by majority that were there.

Of course, there were those who pitched one about the plexiglass ‘ruining’ things :rolleyes1 I give up trying to figure out people

I'd never been to HHN in years prior...big chicken here...

But I happened to be at Universal this past October when they offered the 2 free houses.
I summoned up my courage and we gave them a try. I didn't mind the plexiglass one bit. Kinda helped me feel a bit less afraid, knowing that no one would jump out in front/next to/ behind me!

I was still scared out of my mind, of course, lol!!!

Hi, I know everything is ‘up in the air’ this year, but I would appreciate thoughts from ‘old wise ones’ about the most likely dates for HHN. I am trying to choose two nights between 23 October and 6 November. Which two nights of Wednesday 27 October, Thursday 28 October or Friday 29 October would you choose ? Staying at HRH and hopefully booking RIP tour for one night.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just terribly optimistic, but curious if folks are starting to consider sharing private tours?? I had the good fortune to share with another disboard member 2019, and would love to do it 2020. Columbus Day Weekend.

Been doing private tours for years but stopped booking them during Columbus Day weekend 3 years back

I go the week prior since then

better crowd control and prices the week prior

I called to book our HHN resort dates the other day. The person (I will not reveal their gender or the resort I called) and I had a great discussion about HHN. The person said that their understanding was that houses would start being announced in March. Then the BOGO tickets would be announced in May. Then all other tickets (standard, Frequent Fear, RIP, Unmasking) would be announced in June. They also said that AP resort rates are currently expected to be released in June. They said that feedback from the Beetlejuice has been huge and want it to be carried over to HHN2021. They also suggested I could see the walkthrough video on YouTube. I assume this means they believe the house will be included this year. They did not talk about the other house.

I had bought the buy one get one free last year for the hhn tickets before they decided to cancel hhn last year

did get info they are valid for 2021

My hotel reservation for last year deposit will be applied to this years booking

Thanks imprint for the info that ap rates will be available this year for the fall
They were not listed when I booked last year

Interesting Imprint. I booked for last year almost a year in advance, and got great AP rates in last August for my end of September trip, so cancelled and switched to those AP rates then. I also already have a end of September reservation for this year, but certainly will be on the lookout for a lower AP rate, and hoping to see SF open. I too bought the BOGO ticket last year, and decided to keep it, as was hoping to use it this year.

Maybe I'm just terribly optimistic, but curious if folks are starting to consider sharing private tours?? I had the good fortune to share with another disboard member 2019, and would love to do it 2020. Columbus Day Weekend.
Many join others that have openings for their booked tours
Just watch the threads and send a pm to the poster and ask if they have room to add you

In the past, I would do a stand alone post and state my booked date for the private tour and any one interested in it to pm me.

Usually it is quite easy to fill a group.

Some peeps like a full group while others keep their group small.

Some prefer to book the public groups.
It is cheaper and all pay the same and would be automatically assigned when booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter