• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHN and RIP tour questions

bas71873

DIS Veteran
Hi. We are attending HHN and have reserved a non private RIP for Sunday, Oct 7. I THINK our RIP time is 7:30. I need to confirm that somewhere because it's not on my confirmation email with my tickets.

Anyway, I have a few questions with regard to our stay if someone can help me out so we are better prepared:

We are staying at the Sapphire Falls resort and I understand that there is a dedicated park entrance for on site hotel guests. Where is that located?

How early should we make our way to that entrance point to be there when HHN begins at 6:30? We will NOT be IN the park that day until HHN

Where is it that we go to pick up our HHN & RIP tickets AND, can we do that BEFORE Sunday night?

Finally, where is it that we meet for our RIP tour?

Thank you so much. We are very much looking forward to our trip!

Hi! I know others will chime in with more info - I'm trying to remember details from our RIP last year. We were not in the parks that day - actually came over from Disney. I want to say we arrived around 5pm or so and lined up at the front gates.

I emailed Universal about this years RIP tour time, because I forgot, and it doesn't say on our confirmation. They did email back, telling me the time. You check into LaBamba a half hour before your tour time and can help yourself to complimentary refreshments. I think when we checked in there, we received our lanyards. They have a list where they checked our names.

We absolutely loved the RIP tour last year and are looking forward to ours this year! You guys will have a blast!

First, does the subject line of your confirmation email perhaps incluse the time? It’s been two years since I did thhe RIP tour, so I don’t recall where thhe time was stated if anywhere. At worst, show up early and make the staff outside the Cafe La Bamba figure it out — the tour includes food in there, so you can enjoy the spread while waiting for your proper time.
For those who APs or have daytime tickets for the parks, there are at least three “stay and scream” holding bays where you can loiter until about 5:30 p.m., when they let you queue up for the houses. (The zone near the entrance to the Mummy ride releases first — not from inside Finnegan’s Pub, but standing outside it, so the savvy HHN guests who want to sprint over to the “Stranger Things” house start standing there by 4 or 4:30 p.m., it seems.)
Sapphire Falls offers boat and bus service over to the parks. There is also a walkway, but it’ll still be pretty hot on your day. the boat gets you closest to the entrance, although I cannnot recall if it makes stops at the other resorts along the waterway. Perhaps plan to leave your rooms by 5 p.m.? I hope others can give you a better answer.
There might be a set of turnstiles reserved for RIP tours to the far right of the main entrance, under the arches but walking to the right-hand side of guest services. If there are no signs up when you get there, look for anyone with a nametag.
There are will-call kiosks somewhere, but you might ask at your hotel about where you may pick up your tickets. I don’t have a good answer for that one, sorry.
Cafe LaBamba is to the right after you enter: Walk through the Revenge of Chucky scare zone along Hollywood boulevard, and it’ll be on the right, with plenty of helpful staffers outside, before you hit the pumpkins-in-trees scare zone of Twisted Tradition.

Have a great time!

You will be allowed at Café La Bamba half an hour before your tour time. They don't allow lingering in there too far in advance of your tour time because they have tours departing every half hour. You can check in at the lobby before that and enjoy HHN scarezones and what not. They also have a holding area for RIP that will be released once the park opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter