• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHN Newbie

loring

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,
It looks we will be at Universal during HHN which I did not realize when we booked.I am thrilled but I need some help.We have never been and I would love some info.Do we need to buy extra tickets for it?How does it work?What is it exaclty? Tips, advice etc.Do we need to reserve anything specific at the parks to see or do?We have the 14day 3 park tickets will those work?Thank you.

Macraven starts an excellent HHN thread not long from now........it'll have up to date info.

Meanwhile do a search for previous threads for extra info.......

You do need a seperate ticket. It is a hard ticket event that your daily park ticket doesn't cover. There are various single and multi night tickets available. Prices aren't fully out yet. It's only on in The Studios.

There are various scary houses to see and go through, and scare zones, not suitable for children at all. Website recommends no under 13's.

But, for now do a search on here for previous threads and google is your friend.

Thank you!They said they will release express tickets and multiday tickets closer to the time.

Definitely buy a ticket for one of the slower days, any week day except Friday. Not only are the tickets cheaper, the express pass is as well, and even on the slower days, the only way to not get stuck standing in a long line is the express pass. Totally check out the videos on the Dis you tube channel from years past. I completely agree that this is NOT For children AT ALL. It is scary, and lewd with copious amounts of alcohol that make the night more interesting with the other guests the later it gets, typically going to 1 or 2 AM. That being said for adults and late teenagers this is the most fun, it is like taking all of the haunted houses in your area and throwing them all together, then mixing in the fun of adult Halloween parties for good measure. I don't like being scared and won't ever spend money on local haunted houses, but my brother convinced me to go HHN a few years back and I really liked it. The houses are like movie sets, everything is so professional.

Thank you!It will only be my husband and I.Do any of the restuarants do anything fun?We will be going they last 2 nights Nov 3 and 4.

Nov 3rd and 4th are a Fri/Sat so you're going on the two busiest days of the week. As far as restaurants within Universal, they don't do anything special that I've seen (There a safe haven for those terrified lol) except that the Mels Dine-In turns the light out on the "n" so it says "Mels Die-In"

It's a great event and usually the only time during the year that we go to Universal

There was a scareactors dinner last year but it was pretty expensive. That type of info will come out closer to HHN. I know for your first time it will be hard to wait.

Yeah I noticed that's a Friday and Saturday Unfortunately that's the only dates we are there for it.I am hoping since it's after Halloween and being tge ladt 2 nights it maybe won't be so bad.We will definitely go when it first opens the website says to be there at 5pm and get express passes.

We are thinking of flying in on Halloween.Our plane wouldn't get in till 3:40 pm.We probably wouldn't get to the park till maybe 6 or 7 with traffic,check in?Is it worth going if past the recommended 5:00 time?

If you plan to do hhn at the studios, anytime would be good...

I see peeps coming into the parks at 9 on some nights

If you are staying offsite and driving in to the garage, you'll see lines there

If you are offsite and arrive to the parks by taxi, manageable

But if you are staying onsite, less of a line going into the park at 6:30-7:00

What's the earliest you can enter the park with only a hhn ticket? I know it's not disney but their parties officially start at 7pm and you can actually get in at 4pm, is this similar with universal?

What's the earliest you can enter the park with only a hhn ticket? I know it's not disney but their parties officially start at 7pm and you can actually get in at 4pm, is this similar with universal?

If you are in the park already with a day ticket, you can stay in the stay and scream areas.

If you are only going for HHN......then gates officially open 6.30, but be there early as queue can be massive!

If you are staying at one of the onsite hotels you can use the hotel guest entrance which is less of a queue.

If you are in the park already with a day ticket, you can stay in the stay and scream areas.

If you are only going for HHN......then gates officially open 6.30, but be there early as queue can be massive!

If you are staying at one of the onsite hotels you can use the hotel guest entrance which is less of a queue.
Thank you. I may just go to universal on that day so at least I'm already in the park and just stay in the holding areas

Thank you. I may just go to universal on that day so at least I'm already in the park and just stay in the holding areas

It's definitely worth it and especially if you're only doing one night as being in the holding areas mean you get let out early to 2 houses, so bit of an advantage over guests waiting to get in.

How are the parks the days of the parties? We had already booked our vacation time when the kids (adults)decided they wanted to do Universal (our first time) instead of Disney this year. We will be on vacation 10/29-11/5 but looking at going to the parks 4 weekdays. We have the Military Salute 4 day tickets. We aren't going to any of the parties and I am wondering how crazy the parks will be the days of the parties? Also, any idea what hours the parks will be open that week?

HHN days aren't any busier.

Studios can fill up later in the afternoon as folks come in to do Stay and Scream.......studios close at 5 for folks not doing HHN.

IOA is usually open to 7 or 8pm.

People will sometimes spend the day at Studios, then around 4 head over to IOA as it closes later.

Only weekends would end up with more in the park in the later afternoon

And if weather is nice, many locals do the parks on the weekends

I don't see much of any change during the day for additional crowds when hhn happens that night

Single day flex tickets are available now
They can be used anyday but Saturday
Not date related

Many of us are waiting for the multiday hhn pass

Once info is released, I'll restart my usual hhn thread

Similar question(s) but from a different angle: my wife and I will be on Universal Property (at the Royal Pacific) for three nights and have no interest in HHN. As a day guest to Universal Orlando, how much of the event is visible during the day? Will we be walking back to the new Jimmy Fallon ride past garlands of severed limbs? Will there be signs of carnage outside of Kings Cross Station?

And, is there anything at IOA that is affected by the event? I had hoped that perhaps they might keep the potter train and Diagon Alley open to IO A guests, but that doesn't seem to be the case from past years. if we hang out in Seuss Landing, are we going to hear screams and chainsaws in the distance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter