HHN Strategy

Imagineer22

Imagineer in Training
We have AP's and will be going to HHN for the first time since 2002. We plan on going Saturday September 19th. We are doing the 2pm behind the scenes tour on Saturday as well. We also will be getting express pass. We will be at the parks for 4 days so won't be doing rides during the event.

What is the best strategy for stay and scream?

Where are the holding areas located and do we get to choose which one to go to?

Realistically how many houses and which ones (locations) can we get to before the crowds hit?

It may be early but are there any maps that show the anticipated locations of the houses and holding areas so we can get an idea of where to go? Basically looking for a map that labels the sound stages, parade building, etc with general entrances that have been used in the past.

Any other general strategies for seeing every house and Bill and Ted in one night?

Finally, having a hard time figuring out the hours for the event. Is the event from 6:00pm to 2:00am on September 19th?

Thanks in advance!

I'll take a stab at your questions. Others may have better info for you though.

1. Best strategy for Stay and Scream: Either should work.
2. Holding Areas: Finnegan's and Springfield
3. Houses before crowds: Our experience has been 1-2 houses, but I know many others get in more.
4. Map:
HHN-25-Speculation-Map_2.png

5. Strategy: On your date, and with express passes, you will see everything, no problem.
6. Hours: According to the HHN25 website, the hours for September 19 will be 6:30 - 1:00.

Have fun!

We are going on Thursday, Sept 24, and I was just wondering, what are the chances of getting everything (or almost everything ) done without express pass. To buy it for 4 of us, with taxes would be $300!!! It is our only night, we are doing stay and scream, and I know its easy for people to say "get the pass" , but it is a lot of money. I will buy it if I have to, but would rather not. LOL. Hopefully a touring plan will be out by then. Thanks.

Last edited:
Ooh where's that map from? I'm assuming that its speculation.

We always did stay and scream when it was in the area by ET but may have to rethink this year with the extra house. We always managed to get 3 houses done before the crowds were let in. And have managed to do all 8 houses and the Bill and Ted show done in one night without express. This year should be a challenge though. Strategies will need to be adjusted.

We are going on Thursday, Sept 24, and I was just wondering, what are the chances of getting everything (or almost everything ) done without express pass. To buy it for 4 of us, with taxes would be $300!!! It is our only night, we are doing stay and scream, and I know its easy for people to say "get the pass" , but it is a lot of money. I will buy it if I have to, but would rather not. LOL. Hopefully a touring plan will be out by then. Thanks.

Based on what I saw last year, almost zero chance of seeing everything in one night without Express Passes.

So it appears that based on that map depending on which stay and scream we choose we could probably see either the Walking Dead and Alice or Psychoscareapy and Anniversary House with minimal waits?

Does the Finnegan's historically get more people since it is by the sound stage houses that tend to be 'better'?

Also, what is the best strategy for touring the park? Say we start at Anniversary house from Finnegan's, should we go towards Psycoscareapy and work our way around the park clockwise to avoid the crowds entering? Or should we rush to the houses at the front and try and beat the crowds entering and start at the front and work our way from there? I usually have a good touring plan for parks but HHN is throwing me for a loop. It seems that it will be crowded no matter what and there isn't much to do to avoid it other than buy an express pass and settle for only seeing things once. With 9 houses and only 6.5 hrs to see them, you need to see a house approximately every 30-45 minutes to do all the houses and see at least one show (assuming you are in the park at opening).

Where are the hours listed on the website?

Finally, historically when is Bill and Ted shown?

I'D recommend heading over to the orlandoinformer forums. There is one dedicated to HHN. Last year, they made constantly updated touring plans as the hold areas and early open houses changed a few times.

We followed a plan and were able to do a lot, but didn't make it to two houses. We probably could have done one, or both, but we were totally worn out and decided to call it a night.

HHN was a TON of walking

you see hhn park hours in the upper right hand corner when you are checking hhn dates.

peak nights, bill and teds should have 5 shows.
midnight closing can have 4 shows.
basing this on past years.

each year something new or something changes from past years so.....
won't know more about b/t until it gets closer to opening.

in past years, two houses will open to those in the holding area.
could be around 6:00.
some years they have had 3 houses to go thru before the outside gate is opened.

We went the Friday of this week last year. We did get the express pass and had plenty of time to do everything plus a few rides. Without the express pass I don't know if we would have gotten half the houses done. Got there just as gates were opening and there was already a good size crowd forming. The crowds were crazy at a few of the houses. I think Walking Dead was pushing a 3 hour wait at one point. They are pricy but in our eyes this was one of the only times we were doing this event. It was worth it to use to pay to the extra.

if you are only going one night to hhn, buy the express pass.

you are going to see the 9 houses, the scare zones and 2 shows.
that express pass will make it possible for you to hit everything.

since we don't know what type of crowd that can be expected for the 24th, you can always wait and buy the express at the parks that night.
if they are going to sell out that night, it wouldn't happen in the first 2 hours that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter