• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hi Again!

tlgoblue

Thankful for Family
Finally have a chance to say hello to everybody. I've been busy unpacking and re-training my kids! (10 days with grandma and gramdpa has been good for them, but murder for me! They seem to think that life is sleeping in 'til noon, and Haagen Daz after every meal!) Also, must admit I've been reading Harry Potter in all my spare time. But I said I'd give a report on my Vegas trip, so here goes:

I lost everything I bet...$2.00:p
Im not a gambler at all. I was sitting with DH at the bar, and decided to play the $5.00 I said I'd play for DD. Did it at the nickle slots, and after losing $2.00, I decided she'd be a winner if I stopped right then and there!

I ate anything I wanted!
Mostly fish, sushi, cheese and bread. All things I can't get here in Ft. Lame. (Oh, we have stuff named bread, fish and cheese, but it's really packaged air, catfish (blech), and Proccessed cheese product!) The food was incredible, but sensible. My birthday meal at Picasso was unbelievable! I had the culinary delight of a lifetime! Medallions of spring lamb, encrusted in truffle! I've always been loath to eat anything that is hunted by an animal because it smells like a pig in heat, but...OMG!!! They were wonderful. The only bad thing was that DH did not order the Chef's Sampler (5 course prix fix), but opted for the 4 course, with more selection. The course he missed was the course they brought me the Foie Gras. They brought an extra large helping and a plate for him. (For sharing.) A very nice gesture, but DH did not like it. I like it, but 2-3 bites is my limit on supper fatted anything! I had to finish it though. To do otherwise would be to offend the Chef. (Anyone know a chef? Let me tell you, those who make Foie Gras think it is the very best thing they make. They are really passionate about it.) The last thing I wanted to do, was offend him before the truffle dish. So I ate the whole thing. I was so full by the time the main entree came! It was wonderful nonetheless. I also had a fabulous Champagne Brunch. This was not the kind of brunch where they bring you a glass, maybe two of champagne. It was all you could drink, so I did!:p

I drank anything I wanted!
Wine, water, repeat! I only got in trouble once. Even during the brunch, I drank equal amounts of water to champagne. We went to the Margarita bar, and I had one Marg. It was large, but I didn't have any water with it. Next thing I know, I'm watching basketball, whooping it up for the Nets! :rolleyes: DH says we went shopping after that. I don't remeber the whole thing. But funny thing was, I remember Dinner and everything after that. (I drank copious amounts of water with dinner, and drank no wine.)

I walked about 6-8 miles/day!
Interesting how much easier it is to walk the strip in December vs. June! 105 every day! It felt good though!

Didn't gain any weight!:p
I did hold water though! In that kind of heat and 3% humidity, the body does strange things. My feet and hands looked like like they had little sausages stuck to them. My acne took a hiatus, and I couldn't break a sweat to save my life! When I weighed myself upon my return, I had gained 5 lbs! BUT, the very next day, I has lost it all!

All in all we had a great time. We saw Rita Ruddner, and "O". Our room looked right out on the Bellagio Fountains, and we were upgraded to a junior suite for free! The suite itself was not any big deal, but the Bathroom was very cool!
I thought of you often, and my WISH bracelette seemed to work.

On a more somber note, I don't know what to say about Robin, and I know I'm bringing up painful news, but I am saddened and want to express my sympathy.

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

We are all just heart broken about Robin. Such a shock and so very, very sad :(

I'm glad you are back with us again. It sounds like you had lots and lots of fun.

Just one little thing though:
it smells like a pig in heat

I am going to just take your word on that, what a diverse life background you must have :p

Welcome back, good for you not gaining while on vacation. I really missed you.

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter