Hi and Welcome, come sign in (introductions)

Oh my gosh talk about a flashback! I don't think I've seen Space Camp in years! Is it out on DVD? I may have to introduce my girls to that one.

Cutting Edge is another favorite, but while I :love: d Dirty Dancing as a kid, I can't watch it anymore. Something about Patrick Swayze skeeves me out. I can only tolerate him in the Outsiders because all the other cuties balance him out.

I have it on DVD. If you can find it PM me and I will look at BJ's for it. I watch it often while I'm scraping in the bedroom.
S :)

I have it on DVD. If you can find it PM me and I will look at BJ's for it. I watch it often while I'm scraping in the bedroom.
S :)

I just checked Amazon and they have it. I remembered Lea Thompson was in it but I totally forgot who else was - that line you quoted was delivered by Mrs. John Travolta!? And Joaquin Phoenix back when he was Leaf!? I am so ordering this! You just made my day!

near my blink and miss town or another one???

No in Western PA, and it was literally blink and miss it - a flashing stop light with a little mom & pop store on one corner, a gas station on another, and old homes on the other two corners. My parents still live on the farm outside of the town.

I might not have been a child of the 80s but I watched those movies with my girls. Two of our favorites (I think from the 80s) are still The Goonies and Stand by Me. I wouldn't let them see Dirty Dancing until they were a few years older - I havent' watched that one in years.

I live in a rain forest type climate here in northern Illinois, and am thinking I should be spending the weekend building an arc, rather than working on swaps. It just doesn't stop raining!!

I just noticed that I live about 20 minutes east of DisneyMommyMichelle!!

Oh wow!!! :wave: Hiya neighbor!!!! :woohoo:

No in Western PA, and it was literally blink and miss it - a flashing stop light with a little mom & pop store on one corner, a gas station on another, and old homes on the other two corners. My parents still live on the farm outside of the town.

I might not have been a child of the 80s but I watched those movies with my girls. Two of our favorites (I think from the 80s) are still The Goonies and Stand by Me. I wouldn't let them see Dirty Dancing until they were a few years older - I havent' watched that one in years.

that was us up until a few years ago. We are up to 3 stop lights now, that last one just went in this year. I think my mom drove through the first light for 2 years til she realized it was there.

Ok, I'll admit that I'm also a child of the 80's. I'll be 30 in a few weeks. Dirty Dancing (my dh thinks I'm nuts, b/c I still remember the lines to the movie) and Goonies were two of my favorite movies, as was the 1st Back to the Future movie. I actually caught Goonies on cable the other day, but I couldn't get DS (8) to watch for even a minute. Needless to say, I popped some popcorn popcorn:: and watched the entire movie. The other day, I even caught an episode of Kate & Ally on tv . . . talk about reminiscing.

Oh, and I'll check out the poll now . . . born a lefty, but school converted me to a righty (only for writing though) . . . so I'm officially a bothie (is that a word???).

Seapking of Dirty Dancing, Goonies (mom has that on tape), Kate and Ally.. What about Square Pegs w/ Sarah Jessica Parker ... Risky Business!!! Sixteen Candles...w/ Donger!

Seapking of Dirty Dancing, Goonies (mom has that on tape), Kate and Ally.. What about Square Pegs w/ Sarah Jessica Parker ... Risky Business!!! Sixteen Candles...w/ Donger!

Sixteen Candles is the BEST! And what about Ferris Bueller's Day Off? Anyone . . . anyone? :lmao:

Call me the romantic. My favorite movie, that I can watch again and again...

Princess Bride.

Bueller?
Bueller?
Bueller??

Breakfast Club, Princess Bride, St Elmo's Fire, 16 Candles, basically anything Molly Ringwald. LOL the new girl at the Barber Shop has Molly hair and as much as I would love to tell her I want to call her Molly, I don't think she's old enough the even know who MR is. :rolleyes:

Breakfast Club is one of my all-time favorite movies. I can watch it again and again

Okay, most of you know me, the goof who is funny when she wasn't trying.

Going to be 39 next Tuesday and my youngest will be 6 that Friday. Got married later in life and so didn't have my first until the year I turned 30. Will be married 11 years in October. Knew my DH for about 5 years or so before dating. We have two boys, one dog, three cats and nine fish and live on 25 acres in the middle of nowhere close. No farm animals. Don't want that kind of commitment.

I've been collecting scrapbook stuff for almost a year now. I have quite the collection. You could shop in my scrap room and I wouldn't notice it gone until I needed it. I am addicted to paper. I love paper. I don't use the paper. I just need to have it look at and feel it.

I used to be very creative. Made my own cards as a young adult. Wrote poetry (really BAD poetry, now that I reread it. :lmao: ) and short stories. After having the boys, well, my brain is mostly swiss cheese.

I love to read. SciFi or historical books mostly.

And there you go, that's me. Hi!

oooo I love the breakfast club!!! hmmmm....I think I may have to get that movie for when I'm bored as heck in the hospital with the little one!!

Absolutely the Princess Bride, and Breakfast Club was entertaining as well. The romantic fantasy lover in me will still pick the Princess Bride over anything else. Goonies though...haven't even thought of that one in ages. I was happily terrified by it growing up.

Hi ladies, I'm Tina and live in metro Detroit. I'm a single mom to dd 9. I was a later bloomer and had her 2 months shy of my 38th birthday (I just dated myself!) I've always been into crafts. My mom use to do alot of crafts and sew. I've probably tired most crafts out there. I still have my stain glass supplies and equipment even though I haven't done it in a long time! :lmao: Love counted x-stitch, card making and scrapping. Got into scrapping about 10 years ago when a friend became a CMC.

Got addicted to the DIS when I found it before a DCL cruise in 2006. Started swaping last year. Addicted to that too!

Well I'm the oldster here. I'm a child of the 60's!:scared1:

I think I've just been overlooking this thread somehow.

My name's Jenny and I'm 32. DH and I have been married for just over 3 years and have our first child on the way. I'm due Jan 31st and we go on the 30th to hopefully find out what we are having. I started officially scrapbooking for an engagement album and have been going every since. Before that I kept a scrapbook but it was mostly just pictures and memorabilia on paper without any extras.

Lets see another child of the 80s. I love the Cutting Edge and so does my 12 yr old sister. She also loves dirty Dancing and Footloose. The next great movie I think I'm going to introduce to her is Girls just want to have fun. SJP was in so many things. I too watched Square Pegs but I think I caught the reruns on USA when they had them.

Bueller?
Bueller?
Bueller??

Breakfast Club, Princess Bride, St Elmo's Fire, 16 Candles, basically anything Molly Ringwald. LOL the new girl at the Barber Shop has Molly hair and as much as I would love to tell her I want to call her Molly, I don't think she's old enough the even know who MR is. :rolleyes:

I had an intern who had never heard of Anthony Michael Hall. I felt OLD!

Hi everyone! I'm Stephanie, just turned 32 :eek: (last week). I am Mommy to DS5-Carter (starting Kindergarten next week). I am a RN working the local emergency department. We live in Southcentral PA.

Ever since I was a child I have had a paper obsession, I would beg my mom to take me to the local card shop so I could get the pretty paper they sold "paper by the pound". Growing up I was always cutting magazines and making collages. I formally started scrapping two years ago and it has suited me perfectly- other than making me broke. I love to shop for supplies as much as I like to use them-which hasn't been nearly enough lately.

Our family is a Disney family and we've been lucky enough to get there yearly for the past five years. My tenth trip is just 5 weeks away and I can hardly wait!

My other addictions would be music- Dave Matthews Band and COFFEE!

Hi Everyone. I missed this thread because i was on vaca. So lets see....I'm Holly and I'm 41 and have just one ds who turned 5 1/2 while we were away. He is the love of my life! My dh and I have been married for 23 years so as you can see we waited 18 years for my little man. He is a such a blessing. I'm not sure if dh would agree, but i love him the most!!!!! (we fight about it all the time) I know, it's tough to be so loved, right?! I work as a credit union manager and have only been there almost a year. I left my last job-doing the same thing- after 20 years and it was just soooooo freeing. I have way more flexibility here. I basically come and go as I please. I don't take advantage of it because that's not my work ethic, but if need be i just leave. no ?'s asked.
I love all the 80's movies. Cutting edge, 16 Candles, Ferris Bueller, St. Elmo's Fire, Pretty in Pink, love them all!!!!! Could probably recite most of the lines for ALL of them.
I love all my scrapbook supplies. Especially my sizzix as AWM will tell you. I have a complete addiction to them. I'm not sure I will ever use some of them, but i HAVE to have them. I can't help it. So i'm more of a supply shopper than a user. Although I hope to change that soon. I do have a cricut, but i am ashamed to say i have never taken it out of the box. again, hopefully soon.
so that's me. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter