Hi!! Just introducing ourselves!

gabbygrennell

Mouseketeer
:rainbow:
Hi everyone! I havent been on the boards in months.....about 10 I think... :earseek:

It is great to be back! And I was delighted to see this new board! :thumbsup2 :
I have chatted with many of you before, but that was the old me, this is the new me.... thought I would share a little of our story. We are constantly running into people who have had a lot of the same experiences! Ironic....or is it?

I am Emily, mom of 3! My best friend is Stacy. :hyper2: We have been best friends for several years. I have known that Stac was gay from the day I met her. She is completely out, not ashamed, and proud of who she is. That is one of the things I have always loved about her. She is completely upfront and honest. Over the last few yrs I found myself falling in love :lovestruc: with her. This was of course :confused: "bizarre" :confused: for me, because I was married. To make a very very very long story short, I decided that I did indeed deserve to be happy. It took me awhile to realize that yes Emily, you should be happy. After all, who wants to go through life miserable?

So, after much thought, deliberation & tons of conversations with another close friend who is friends with both of us, I decided I needed to tell her how I felt. She was shocked, but happy. Turns out, she was having the same feelings.
It is now almost a year later. :hug: We are happy as ever. :love2: I never knew that being in love could feel this way. We often talk about it and have decided that our relationship must be so special because we were best friends for years and now we are lovers as well. It is truly amazing!
Oh, almost forgot... haha!
Obviously I lost the husband. Well, lets say I have almost lost him. We are still going thru this very long drawn out :furious: process of divorce. I have the kids, he gets them every other weekend. The kids seem to be doing just fine with things. Aside from the fact that they wish their mom and dad were back together. But they really are doing well all things considered.

Stacy and I work together, which we love! People at work have talked for years about us being a couple. We used to just laugh and say whatever... now that everyone knows, they all say see we told you!
Everyone at work knows and they are all supportive! :grouphug: Which is awesome! In fact, I even have a picture of her and my little princess in my badge!

Ok, guess I have blabbed enough.... just wanted to reintroduce myself!

Oh, almost forgot the most important thing ever!!! Stacy has never been to WDW!!!! :eek: So.... we are going on our dis vaca this september!!! :goodvibes: Can't wait!!!!!!!! We well mostly me.. haaha are now in plan mode... I am a major planner! Anyone else going in spetember? We will be there the 2nd thru the 15th!
Thanks for reading my novel! Talk to you all soon!
Emily

Good God Viki bring me a pitcher of martini's!

That's a lot of great news to spread in one post! My best to your kids in this adjustment, and congratulations on your new love.

Looking forward to chatting with you.

Mike

Wow! This is an amazing story. I'm glad you're happy! Boy, I hope your kids are doing OK. I know it can be real tough to have parents split (DH and his wife split up a couple years before I met him, but I know it was tough on them). I still think it's got to be better for kids to have parents separated but amicable then together but fighting and miserable (don't know if this is your specific situation, but this was DH's).

Anyway, welcome back to the list. OOOH, a Disney virgin. Give us a full TR when you guys get back.

I just love happy endings.:goodvibes Too bad they can't all be like that. Welcome to our happy home!

hope your happy in your new life and make sure she has the time of her life at wdw she has to love it as much as you why wouldnt she!
have a great trip. :cool1:

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!!

I will be sure to post a full TR when we get back! Can you believe that her mom told my kids and I that she thinks it is silly to go somewhere that you have been before! Especially wdw.... once is enough she said!

My kids did not understand.... I said dont worry guys... she has no idea because she has never been there!
Cant wait for this trip!!!!
Now, on to planning!

really great story, very brave move but the right one..... congratulations and all the best for your new life...... my bf and me will be in wdw in late november it's his second time and my 7th. The first time I took him to the world was a great vacation he really loved it and he looks forward to this vacation.

tom

Yo! Welcome! And great story! All the best for you all.

Welcome back to the DIS! I can imagine(to a degree) how rough it's been on you. Though I am straight, I was in a not so great marriage, met a great guy who became my best friend, and eventually I couldn't take it anymore and left my DH(there had also been abuse involved). It was a rough decision to make, but we have now been married for 14 years. How wonderful it is to be married to your best friend!! I know there are other things involved with your situation that I probably can't understand, but i sure do commend you on deciding to make a decision to be with the one you belong with. I hate divorce. Its always hard, but kids who are well loved are pretty resilient. I'm sure yours will be fine!

Congratulations on your new relationship, and I can't wait to hear how well your partner LOVES WDW!!! :wizard:

What an amazing story!

I hope you two make tons of happy memories at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter