HIDING FROM FIREWORKS

troydjames

Universal Pass holder/ Disney dad
My daughter may want to attend the MNSSHP but she does not like fireworks, any suggestions on where to miss them, maybe a inside ride, or any other suggestions would be great, thanks

I would think riding Pirates would be a good spot, or Haunted Mansion, Buzz, Stitch, or the Laugh Floor. Laugh Floor might be best as it's the longest.

Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Thunder Mountain. The fireworks are centered over the castle, so either end of the park - Tomorrowland or Frontier land would be farthest from the fireworks. You'll still see them and hear them, but it won't be the booming you get in Fantasyland by the carousel or in the castle courtyard.

DS2 hates fireworks, and we've ducked into both Pirates and Small World.

While Pirates is further away, we could still hear the fireworks echoing through the "cave" queue. It wasn't very loud, but you were still aware fireworks were going off.

Small World (which is one of DS's favorite rides) during fireworks is one of our favorite Disney memories. We tried to watch the fireworks in Fantasyland, but ran in after he started getting upset. Not only did we have an entire boat to ourselves, but there was no one in the boats in front or behind us. At some points, we were the only people in the entire room on the ride. By the time we were done, the fireworks were over.

We will be hiding from fireworks too on our January trip. I have planned meals for during fireworks at Epcot and Magic Kingdom. I have rides planned for Hollywood Studios. My kids like to watch them, but my Aspie melts down if the booms are too loud, so we won't be making an effort to get close to see them.

I had a piggyback question - can you see MK's fireworks from Fort Wilderness? We will be there after our AK day for the campfire and if we can see the fireworks, we may watch them since it won't be super loud there.

Also, can you see any fireworks from POP?

DD was 2 and flipped out during fireworks at MVMCP. She loved them on the 4th of July at home that year, but they are so much louder when you are inside the park and they are right there. We avoided them for a couple of years. The emporium, any restaurant that is open, Enchanted Tales with Belle (which usually has very short lines during the party) would be a great spot as it would take pretty much the whole time, Small World, Pirates, Laugh Floor (if it is open during the party- I can't remember). You might still hear some muffled sounds, but definitely nothing like being outside.

The fireworks are centered over the castle, so either end of the park - Tomorrowland or Frontier land would be farthest from the fireworks. You'll still see them and hear them, but it won't be the booming you get in Fantasyland by the carousel or in the castle courtyard.

Sorry, that's not a correct.
The major fireworks are fired much closer to Frontierland.

And, the booming is not diminished anywhere if you are outside in MK.
The booming can be heard (and still pretty loudly) at the Polynesian.

We will be hiding from fireworks too on our January trip. I have planned meals for during fireworks at Epcot and Magic Kingdom. I have rides planned for Hollywood Studios. My kids like to watch them, but my Aspie melts down if the booms are too loud, so we won't be making an effort to get close to see them.

I had a piggyback question - can you see MK's fireworks from Fort Wilderness? We will be there after our AK day for the campfire and if we can see the fireworks, we may watch them since it won't be super loud there.

I have no idea about the view from Pop of any fireworks.

But from Fort Wilderness dock area you can absolutely see the higher up Wishes. It's very nice from there.

We always ride Under the Sea. You can't hear the fireworks over the music and the CMs don't make you get out of the clam.

The problem with Pirates or Haunted Mansion is that you will be forced to exit and go outside while fireworks are still going off.

It's a Small World is open at the entance/exit so you will hear the fireworks very loudly when you're at that part of the ride.

Aeriel's ride is the only guaranteed way to be underground and away from the noise for the entire 20 minutes of fireworks.

Last edited:
I had a piggyback question - can you see MK's fireworks from Fort Wilderness? We will be there after our AK day for the campfire and if we can see the fireworks, we may watch them since it won't be super loud there?

We've watched from Wilderness Lodge beach so I assume Fort Wilderness should be OK. It's not loud, but you get an echo effect off the lake. You hear the fireworks after you see them (speed of light vs speed of sound)

Beware of Alligators if you plan to watch fireworks from a beach. I'd be well away from the water and have a person designated as the gator lookout.

You can see some of the Hollywood Studios fireworks from POP. I believe I saw them best from the bridge between Pop and Art of Animation but my memory is fuzzy because I wasn't intending to watch them, just out taking a walk when I realized they could be seen.

You could also go into Carousel of Progress right as they are getting ready to start. Thats about 20 minutes.

I am an adult and I don't like them either! I always make sure I am leaving the park on the monorail or bus at that time. It's a great way to beat the crowds! If not then as PP Pirates or IASW is good. Maybe Peter Pan or Pooh all inside rides. Pirates is a good suggestion though because it has a line inside plus a longer ride.

I have always been adverse to loud noises. I always pop in my earplugs and duck into a shop while my family watches the shows. I actually wear earplugs on most of the attractions as well.

This might not be the best solution for little ones but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Thunder Mountain. The fireworks are centered over the castle, so either end of the park - Tomorrowland or Frontier land would be farthest from the fireworks. You'll still see them and hear them, but it won't be the booming you get in Fantasyland by the carousel or in the castle courtyard.

Sorry, that's not a correct.
The major fireworks are fired much closer to Frontierland.

And, the booming is not diminished anywhere if you are outside in MK.
The booming can be heard (and still pretty loudly) at the Polynesian.

The party nights fireworks, both Hallowishes and the Holiday Wishes shows feature an amazing display of perimeter fireworks as part of the finale. This includes fireworks shot from each of the lands around the kingdom. So yes, Spash, Thunder, and Pirates are still great choices, just know there may be some launching near by during the finale.

Is it the loud noise from the fireworks? My niece did not do well with fireworks and would not ride the attractions that were loud. Ear plugs did not fit well in her ears so we purchased the 3M Peltor Junior Earmuff for about $16 off of Amazon. They totally cancelled out the noise and she loved being able to experience everything without the loud noises!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter