High Chairs at Meals

wenpop

DIS Veteran
How are most High Chairs at Meals, are they the ones that just fasten across the belly... My 2 year old climbs out of those.... Maybe if he is entertained he will sit down...... Do the high chairs get in the way at restuarants??? I hate when they get in the way, but I sure do not want to hold my 2 year old the whole time. He was only 4 months old the last time we went and it was awesome!! We never had trouble with him.... But now that he is 2, he is always on the go..........

If I remember correctly when we went last Nov. with our 14 month old they were the kind most restaurants use that are wooden and have a lap belt.

Our DD just turned 2 and we are going in Nov. again. When we go out to eat we do not put her in the highchair until its time to eat. We let her sit in the booth, sit with us, or stand and then when the food comes we put her in the chair. She's very willing to sit in the chair when the food is there. This lets us eat too!

Good luck!

:eek:

Wow, I didn't know those wooden highchairs are suposed to strap across the legs. I always feed the straps up from the back and pull them tight around Allyson's tummy. Ive always wondered why they've been buckled around the middle when they give them to us.

:o

I've seen the wooden ones in various places - my girls like them since my folks have the same ones at their house and the girls get to pull right up to the table & be part of the meal.

I'm dreading meal times with 14 month old DS.
He will not sit in his high chair. I paid £80 for it and he's sat in it twice :rolleyes:
The problem is that he doesn't eat , believe it or not he lives on milk alone. I've tryed and tryed, but he's not interested in food at all ( not like me :D )
Whenever DH and I go out to eat, we leave him with his nan, because you just can't take him anywhere.
The joys of motherhood eh! :p

:jester: 64 to go :jester:

I don't know if this will work for you, but we just found a new way to occupy our two year old twins when we eat out. We let them eat with chop sticks. They use them as spears and pick up food one piece at a time. It takes forever for them to spear a piece of pasta giving us more time to enjoy our meal. They have a great time and they're actually a little neater than when they use a spoon and fork. Also, my son practically survives on milk/bread as well. He only tries new things when we go out to eat. Good luck.

Strap across the legs?

Call me confused!
They aren't lap belts?

My DS who is 22 months climbs out of harness systems (should have named him Houdini!) but usually does well when food is involved! especially POPS I plan to bring lots of POPS for waiting time ;)

Just back from trip with 17mos old. All of the highchairs were the wooden ones with the lap straps. We found that taking a few little distractors with us to meals helped. I would bring out a small toy for her to play with until the meal arrived ( of course every place provided crayons and coloring pages). I also found that DD was enthralled with all of the activity around her ( she's a real people watcher) this helped keep her content until the food came. The highchairs were never really in the way. The waiters do a good job of strategically placing them in lower traffic areas.

They need high chairs that fasten like car seats, My son climbs right out of his seat everytime and always wants his brother or sister to take him for a walk.. He only eats chicken nuggets and he is picky about the ones he eats, He likes french fries but not enough to keep him sitting more than a few minutes... I just hope he can learn to behave before our trip, and if not, hopefully before our cruise in April..... I guess I need to practice now and see if I can keep him sitting for more than 2 minutes.. lolololol. they are so fun at this age.. wink wink.. yeah right!!!!! They drive me crazy at this age, I cant' even take himto see a movie...... Oh boy what have i gotten myself into, Disney with a 2 year old!!!!!!!

I know exactly how you feel Wendy :p
I'm really looking forward to this holiday, but I'm also dreading it :rolleyes:
What are we letting ourselves in for :eek:

Alex. Maybe we will run across each other at Disney and we can laugh about how the babies are acting at the restuarant!!!
We are eating at Ohana on Dec 1st at 5:00, Donalds breakfast at AK at 8:00..... list goes on where are some of the places you are eating.... If you eat any place I do , look for a 2 year old screaming and standing in a high chair!!! :)

LOL :D

We'll be eating at H&V @ 4.30 on the 2nd - MVMCP on the 5th, ( don't know where yet, cos we couldn't get ps for LTT ) - Rainforest cafe @ 3.oo on the 7th - Coral reef sometime on the 8th, and LTT 2.30 on the 10th.
You never know, I'll be looking out for green ribbons :p

Thank You THank You THank You

I have been feeling quilty lately because I have a terror as well and now I know it's just a toddler boy thing! My girl was NOTHING like him! Restraint belts actually worked with her! I thought maybe I was not working with him enough! (note: he is in his own world of dump trucks, sand, and wants NOTHING to do with educational activities)
THanks again!

Originally posted by wenpop
They need high chairs that fasten like car seats, My son climbs right out of his seat everytime and always wants his brother or sister to take him for a walk.. He only eats chicken nuggets and he is picky about the ones he eats, He likes french fries but not enough to keep him sitting more than a few minutes... I just hope he can learn to behave before our trip, and if not, hopefully before our cruise in April..... I guess I need to practice now and see if I can keep him sitting for more than 2 minutes.. lolololol. they are so fun at this age.. wink wink.. yeah right!!!!! They drive me crazy at this age, I cant' even take himto see a movie...... Oh boy what have i gotten myself into, Disney with a 2 year old!!!!!!!

Ours at home does that, and when we fasten her in she just screams and screams. (18 months old yesterday) However she is much better in a resturant and has no problems. We are finding that a boster seat sometimes works well too. She just wants to sit like the rest of us and be with us more. BTW I did find some seat at MGM (Toystory Pizza place and Sci-Fi that had the strap in with tray type high chairs.

Our next trip she will be 23 months, I am really looking forward too it, but think we may be crazy too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter