High school graduation present

Dashzap

DIS Veteran
For those of you with high school seniors about to graduate, are you getting them a present for graduation?

In my family, we got dress watches for high school graduation.

I've asked around and heard everything from a car (!?!) to cash to nothing.

I'm giving my son a party and helping him pay for a trip to Australia. Ill probably get him a couple small things but he knows I'm spending money left and right on him

I got a computer for college as well.

When I have a kid that age, I'd probably offer to buy them a plane ticket for their first solo trip.learned more from travel than I did from that computer.

We got her an iPad.

Just an FYI for those giving laptops, if they have scholarships/grants a lot of times a portion can be used for a computer. It's not retroactive though they wouldn't be reimbursed for one given as a gift for graduation.

I have a few years, but our plan is to gift each child their 529 account. We will also gift them either college dorm needs or a laptop and cell (if they will live at home for college).

I got 3 things - a party, a cell phone (it was a flip phone in 2001) and I had asked to quit the job I hated in early May so I could enjoy all the end of year activity, parties, etc. with the promise of getting a job in July (which I did and I worked 32 hours a week and took 15-18 credits each semester) which meant I got some gas money for two months.

I give all graduates cash. The amount just varies based on relationship. When DD graduates High School next year, I'll be sticking with that approach.

DD's graduating -- we're giving a party, and will give her a laptop closer to when she goes off to college.

My parents gave me a great luggage set -- used it until the insides disintegrated. They're giving luggage to DD for graduation.

We let DD have a trip. So she planned our Disney trip by choosing the hotel, we also surprised her with an Illumination Cruise. We stayed at the Beach Club and had her party (for our FL family) in the solarium. She got a car the month before and a laptop for college.

For those of you with high school seniors about to graduate, are you getting them a present for graduation?

In my family, we got dress watches for high school graduation.

I've asked around and heard everything from a car (!?!) to cash to nothing.
When my daughter graduated, we did not give her a gift. We had already started paying all the expenses for the college dorm, room deposit, etc. That was enough of a gift, and she was happy with all that.

I will add, I will be making a photo calendar, photo book, and hopefully having one of those tshirt quilts made. Those are keepsakes that I consider nice graduation gifts

My daughter got a car (used one) when she was 16- I also got her a MacBook that Christmas so for her graduation she is going on a trip to Disney for a week with 2 friends that are also graduating and I also paid for her plane fare to go to Vermont for a week over the summer to visit a friend of hers and I am paying for her party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter