• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

High School musicals... not the movies haha

Ms. A. is considering doing Beauty and the Beast for the musical next year. Only problem is the show is extremely boy-heavy and Ryan refuses to do the show (he'd be in pit). I've heard Mr. J. is writing the fall play. Can't wait to see!

6th;Oklahoma(very boring)
7th;Seusical(The best and funnest on I have done)
8th;Beauty and the Beast(Just finished last week very very fun too, I was Madame de la Grande Busche too!)
and I was going to to HSM 2 but, missed auditions by a day/:

my most recent high school just ended two weeks ago :( very depressing it was so enjoyable yet so much work guess what it was?? heres a hint....."summer nights had me a blast".

GREASE!!!! it was amazing!!!

the one i did before that in december was called RAGS. it was very fun. look it up on wikipedia it was only on broadway for 6 shows, but it is an amazing play.

the play my high school has done most recently that i can think of has been High School Musical, Beauty and the Beast, Footloose, and our next one we plan on for winter 2010 is "Annie Get Your Gun" gonna be awesome!!!

freshman year --> Grease
sophomore year --> Little Shop of Horrors
junior year --> The Wedding Singer

6th;Oklahoma(very boring)
7th;Seusical(The best and funnest on I have done)
8th;Beauty and the Beast(Just finished last week very very fun too, I was Madame de la Grande Busche too!)
and I was going to to HSM 2 but, missed auditions by a day/:

weed did oklahoma in 7th grade! i was ado annie. my friends and i re-wrote our own version called oklahomies! it took place in the ghetto.
freshman year --> Grease
sophomore year --> Little Shop of Horrors
junior year --> The Wedding Singer

i'm so jealous, i want to do little shop of horrors. my one guy friend is obsessed with the music and keeps telling me i would make a great audrey.

Ooh, this is fun!
This year we did 'Once on this Island' which was the most incredible experience I've ever had onstage. The first rehersal, we drew our island, and all the aspects of it, and we decided that we were going to be a Tribe, not a cast. Then we named the tribe Kuatu-Animus, which loosely translates to Tribe of the Collected Spirit. And we made a banner that said Kuatu-Animus on it, and we all traced our hands on it. It was just ten weeks of pure, unconditional love and support for one another. One girl actually tore her ACL in rehersal, and she was still in the show, singing in the wings and coming on for non-dancing numbers like Human Heart. It was just the most incredible show I have ever had the privellege to be a part of. The cast was also half seniors, so the last show was really emotional. And this past week, we found out that we were nominated for ten TAMY awards, which are this area's version of the Tony's, except for high school productions. The ceremony is in a week. I'm so so excited.
Last year we did 'Bye, Bye Birdie' which was also great. So much fun to be in.

Right now though, we're about to go into tech week for a show called Heart and Music, which is a benefit show for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. It's a non-auditioned show, so anyone who wanted in just showed up to rehersals and was cast. It's a show comprised pretty much of medleys of songs from different Broadway shows. We're doing songs from You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown, and In The Heights, as well as two different Disney Medleys, which have Circle of Life, We're All In This Together, Step In Time, Be Our Guest, My Strongest Suit, Hakuna Matata, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, and Trashin' the Camp. It's a lot of fun, and for such a great cause. Yeah, I'm excited.

We find out next year's season on June 3rd, as well as hold our elections for CenterStage Board, which is the head of the drama program, pretty much. I'm running for Vice President. :hippie:
I have NO idea what the show's gonna be. All I know is that it will probably be something on the more classic side, because our director usually switches off classic-modern-classic-modern, and 'Island' was more modern and 'Birdie' was classic. I'm pulling for Les Miz, but that probably won't happen. We're losing a HUGE chunk of talent with the senior class this year, and I've heard that the incoming freshman are not so great. So I'm concerned about numbers, pretty much.

Ooh, this is fun!
This year we did 'Once on this Island' which was the most incredible experience I've ever had onstage. The first rehersal, we drew our island, and all the aspects of it, and we decided that we were going to be a Tribe, not a cast. Then we named the tribe Kuatu-Animus, which loosely translates to Tribe of the Collected Spirit. And we made a banner that said Kuatu-Animus on it, and we all traced our hands on it. It was just ten weeks of pure, unconditional love and support for one another. One girl actually tore her ACL in rehersal, and she was still in the show, singing in the wings and coming on for non-dancing numbers like Human Heart. It was just the most incredible show I have ever had the privellege to be a part of. The cast was also half seniors, so the last show was really emotional. And this past week, we found out that we were nominated for ten TAMY awards, which are this area's version of the Tony's, except for high school productions. The ceremony is in a week. I'm so so excited.

Right now though, we're about to go into tech week for a show called Heart and Music, which is a benefit show for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. It's a non-auditioned show, so anyone who wanted in just showed up to rehersals and was cast. It's a show comprised pretty much of medleys of songs from different Broadway shows. We're doing songs from You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown, and In The Heights, as well as two different Disney Medleys, which have Circle of Life, We're All In This Together, Step In Time, Be Our Guest, My Strongest Suit, Hakuna Matata, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, and Trashin' the Camp. It's a lot of fun, and for such a great cause. Yeah, I'm excited.

We find out next year's season on June 3rd, as well as hold our elections for CenterStage Board, which is the head of the drama program, pretty much. I'm running for Vice President. :hippie:
I have NO idea what the show's gonna be. All I know is that it will probably be something on the more classic side, because our director usually switches off classic-modern-classic-modern, and 'Island' was more modern and 'Birdie' was classic. I'm pulling for Les Miz, but that probably won't happen. We're losing a HUGE chunk of talent with the senior class this year, and I've heard that the incoming freshman are not so great. So I'm concerned about numbers, pretty much.

That's been our problem for the last couple of years. The senior class two years ago could not ever be replaced it was full of so much talent, and this years was also unbelievable even if it only was 9 people. We are left with so few guys who can actually sing so we really need boys to join our theatre. We already are gonna have to gender-bend a lot for Macbeth because of our low numbers

Ooh, this is fun!

sounds like you go to a very theatrical high school! i am so jealous. we have a great theatre program, but don't get enough funding. i live in a football town, so all the money and attention goes to football. i try to do a lot of theatre around the comunity, not as much with the school. i get better parts outside school too. i tried to pull for a preforming arts high school but that didn't work.

we just finished Beauty and the Beast :(
vids to come I hope

I am going to be in Beauty and the Beast also! This summer there is a camp that kids going into middle and high school can join into at the DCHS ( Desoto Central High School). I am going to be a freshman nxt year and I hope everyone will like me. :cool1:

you couldn't really call it a high school musical accually you couldn't at all but last year we did cinderella and i got the evil step mother and every thought i would suck because i'm "so nice" (ha ha) but everyone was shocked because i was awesome (that is accually what they said not my opinion) i did alot of make up and huge hair and no one saw me untill the show and when i showed up i swear all the teachers (and the director) screamed cause there was screaming and a lot of how did you get her to do that bwahaha

you couldn't really call it a high school musical accually you couldn't at all but last year we did cinderella and i got the evil step mother and every thought i would suck because i'm "so nice" (ha ha) but everyone was shocked because i was awesome (that is accually what they said not my opinion) i did alot of make up and huge hair and no one saw me untill the show and when i showed up i swear all the teachers (and the director) screamed cause there was screaming and a lot of how did you get her to do that bwahaha
omg i know how u feel!!! i'm 4 foot 11 and look younger. i am always typecast as the little girl, little sister, youngest, smallest etc. but in the fall i was cast as Miss hannigan in annie. i had on a wig, 3 in. character heels and a whole lotta makeup! no one thought it was me!

that sounds awesome every says i should go into acting now but the thing is i am acting at school and i was being myself in the play but they can think whatever they actually wanted to cast me as cinderella cause they thought i was "to nice" for the part

So it sounds sorta like you guys have been almost typecast into roles at times?Anyone else has that happen to them? I have in both musicals I've been in...I always have played a nun. And now my entire theatre class is determined to make sure that I am a nun for our advanced theatre performance next year.

yes... i'm typecast. it's a good/bad thing...depending on how you look at it. i've gotten some great roles such as madeline is nmadeline's christmas, molly in annie, martha cratchit in christmas carol etc... but it's also been a bad thing. i didn't get cast in our school play(the name's slipped my mind at the moment) because there where only 7 ladies parts and i looked to short/young to play a grown-up compared to the other girls... although i did get a call back for the lead.

I was in a lot of high school plays. Our next two and my last two plays are
Your A Good Man Charlie Brown
and
10 Things I Hate About You.

i am typecast alot sometimes it is good because they put me in the parts with solos because they think i am good at singing but its also bad because i can get some really small parts because they think i have to have the part of the nice person

Our school finished Noises Off about a month ago that was a good play. They have all done in the past few years:
Bye Bye Birdie
You Cant Take It With You
Peter Pan
these are the musicals/plays I can think of since I'm only a sophomore I've never been in any of them... But were doing White Christmas for our fall/winter musical amd tryouts were last week and I was already guarenteed a spot since my dance coach is the choreographer I know how to tap! I'm so excited to be in a musical this is a dream come true for me :) my dance coach asked me to help with auditions last week because I'd already made it and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done it was so hard to give all my friends a honest score since I love them and I wanted to give them the best score possible even if they didn't deserve it :/ I felt really bad about it. I going to help with choreography for the musical and hopeully that will be more fun since then everyone will have already made the musical!

here is my acting career so far:

Freshman year: our town/ little women (wasnt involed with both)
Sophomore year: 2 small roles and 2 songs In all I really need to know I learned in Kindergarden: the musical/ backstage worker for You cant take it with you (never again!!)

I vow next year to get bigger roles since all the major senior players that get the bigger parts have graduated. :woohoo:

so... next year is The Sound of Music

FML!
why THAT on my last year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter