Highchair used until what age?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
Is there a weight limit on the high chairs? I’m remembering them to be a little small and my baby is in 99% for weight and height so I’m wondering when she’ll no longer fit. And what do I do when she no longer fits? Do people bring booster seats? She’s 20 months and still uses a high chair at home. If you bring a booster seat is there one that’s compact? Seems a pain to drag to the parks

Yeah, toting a foldable booster would be a hassle. Have no idea on the weight limit of the high chairs at disney but most restaurant high chairs go up to 33-37lbs depending on chair type.

Yeah, toting a foldable booster would be a hassle. Have no idea on the weight limit of the high chairs at disney but most restaurant high chairs go up to 33-37lbs depending on chair type.
Thanks! My daughter is 30 pounds so we probably have some time then before the highchair provided is no longer an option

My son is 6 now but weighed 30 lbs when we took him at 18 months. The high chairs were not a problem at all. They’re typical restaurant high chairs.

Is there a weight limit on the high chairs? I’m remembering them to be a little small and my baby is in 99% for weight and height so I’m wondering when she’ll no longer fit. And what do I do when she no longer fits? Do people bring booster seats? She’s 20 months and still uses a high chair at home. If you bring a booster seat is there one that’s compact? Seems a pain to drag to the parks
can not say for Disney but the ones at the small park I work at have no weight limit on them and I have to clean them often. I have seen a 4/5 year old placed in them, child's legs were so long they almost reached the floor

We just moved out of the highchair at home, and we still use one in restaurants without a problem. Mine can theoretically use a booster seat, but she's not mature enough to use one unless it has straps and she can be contained.

My son is tall and used them when we went when he was a few months shy of 3 (he was at least 40'' because we did those rides).

My son was a tall 20 month old when we were there. He refused to sit in the highchairs so he just sat in regular chairs or on one of our laps.

We took my averaged sized daughter (typically measured around 50% for height and weight at the time) when she was 14 months, and she JUST fit in some of the high chairs. I remember being really surprised about that.

Edit: This was in 2015, so I don't know if they use the same high chairs now.

My petite 3 year old (26lb 35”) still fits comfortably in the high chairs at Disney but opts for a booster seat if they are available. She is just so tiny that she wouldn’t be able to eat properly without some assistance (and I’d prefer that than making her kneel on a hard chair).

My petite 3 year old (26lb 35”) still fits comfortably in the high chairs at Disney but opts for a booster seat if they are available. She is just so tiny that she wouldn’t be able to eat properly without some assistance (and I’d prefer that than making her kneel on a hard chair).
My daughter is already 30 pounds and only 21 months lol. She isn’t ready for a booster yet

My son was a tall 20 month old when we were there. He refused to sit in the highchairs so he just sat in regular chairs or on one of our laps.
I think she’d fall off if she just sat on a normal chair. A booth maybe would work, but most of her height is her legs so she probably would be too short.

We took my averaged sized daughter (typically measured around 50% for height and weight at the time) when she was 14 months, and she JUST fit in some of the high chairs. I remember being really surprised about that.

Edit: This was in 2015, so I don't know if they use the same high chairs now.
I felt they were a little on the small side. When we go to local restaurants they are a lot roomier

Those chairs are pretty small. We did dinner with some friends and their 3 year old got stuck in it. The manager had to call the hotel maintenance guys to come up with tools to take the chair apart :o He was a pretty giant 3 year old, and the waiter warned us he might not fit, but his parents really wanted him contained and got him in it. All was well until we paid the check! It was quite the scene for all the restaurant (but makes for really great stories now).

My 2 year old hasn't sat in a highchair in a long time and won't do boosters either. He seems to eat at the table just fine so it's not a battle I want to fight. Sure miss having him contained, though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter