Highs and lows 5th to 10th May

cherrymarzipan

DIS Veteran
Lovely trip, nothing new or terribly exciting this time as we go fairly frequently but we always enjoy ourselves and feel very “at home” at DLP. The weather was good on the whole, a fair bit warmer than we have been used to lately in the UK with just a few showers.

Highs:

Hotel New York rooms, it’s been many years since we last stayed in this hotel but we had connecting rooms with an excellent location. They were only standard rooms but on the ground floor of the Gramercy Wing overlooking a garden square right beside the security tent. We were close to the hotel facilities and pool yet had this lovely quiet garden with direct access from the rooms. Lovely to sit out in or just have the door open whilst in the room and as long as one person stayed back to lock up, we could walk through very quickly to the security tent and straight into the Village. If anyone is interested, our room numbers were 172 and 174 but anywhere along that side would have been equally great.

Having both DDs, who have now left home, with us on holiday. Lovely to share family moments again.

A super picnic in a woodland/grassy park area in Magny le Hongre to celebrate DD2’s birthday with food brought from Auchan and the superb boulangerie at Magny. We had glorious weather and it was nice to get away from the crowds and very relaxed.

The Agrabah, lovely food and very suitable for DS who has difficulty feeding. He loves the atmosphere and decoration of this restaurant too and will actually eat a decent meal here instead of just wanting to rush off back to the park.

Some lovely CMs and some nice guests too including those who stopped me and told me I had dropped my phone when dashing after DS who had suddenly seen Donald!

Perhaps not exactly a high but a huge relief that this didn’t turn into a low – and a big thank you to the woman in a Fiat Panda who managed to sign to us that our top box had burst open whilst on the motorway home! We were able to pull in at a service station and buy strapping to get all those precious purchases safely home.

Lows:

The photographer at the character meet in the hotel who didn’t bother taking any photos of DS when it was his turn although she took them for those before and after us. DS may be older now but he has special needs and is as captivated with the characters as any toddler and I felt quite insulted.

The Agrabah, on this list as well as the queues almost spoilt this restaurant experience. We had made a prior booking for 7:30 but so had half the park it seemed and we queued for 15 minutes just to pay before getting anywhere near the food. I’m afraid I made this even worse by using my shareholder’s discount which necessitated verification from the manager who had gone AWOL. Apologies to anyone behind us. We then had long queues to actually get at the food for each course. This canteen-style queuing rather spoils the restaurant experience.

My Disney Couture Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs bracelet broke but as it had been the last one available I had to have a refund rather than a replacement.

Sounds like a lovely trip, especially your rooms at the HNY! It's nice to hear that there were nice guests and cms too:), what a shame about that photographer though:sad2:

K

Welcome back, pleased you enjoyed your trip. Its a shame about the photographer did you speak to anyone about it?

Welcome back :wave:
That was very rude of the photographer but on balance you had great highs. Your DDs birthday sounds fab, especially from here in a very rainy Ireland.
Glad you had a great trip.

Welcome back! Sounds like a lovely holiday! Great to hear new York hotel rooms good! ;-) that's where I am headed! Sorry to hear about the insensitive photographer.

Thanks, the highs definitely outweighed the lows! Forgot to say that thanks to people on here who recommended it, we had breakfast each morning in the Manhattan restaurant which was very calm and comfortable. :goodvibes

Overall it sounds like a nice trip. As a mom of SN child we are also frustrated at what others think our son wants or needs. The lady gave him a camera when he really wanted a stuff animal....urg:scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter