Hilton Disney Springs

hsmamato2

<font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad
So I posted this elsewhere but then thought this might be a better forum for this question...
Siggggghhhhhhhh....... :headache: I pulled a classic Noob move- Let's just say life has been a roller coaster around here for awhile (that's my excuse for this story) Anyway.... So a few months back I *thought* I'd booked the Hilton LBV palace for a family getway in Feb..... I was just looking at my app,when I suddenly realized that I'd booked the *other* Hilton across the street.:rolleyes1
Soooooooo..... b/c it's a busy time of year, I think I'm stuck with what I have,got to make the best of it - Anyone stayed here,and have room tips? When was the last renovation,was it all rooms, or just some? I'm wanting to try to get a room with a view at least,facing DS....... I think I have an idea of what to try for...looking for some thoughts. (fwiw, my fam has stayed at the Holiday Inn next door with no problems a couple of times)
I'm disappointed b/c I LOVE the Palace,and had blown a chunk of points on this thinking I was gonna go to my happy place......

It has been awhile for us staying at the Hilton Orlando LBV. More recently have stayed at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace but also been awhile. Of the two, our preference is BVP since the overall feel is more relaxed than the regular Hilton which used to (haven't been there post-covid) seem to have a lot of group/convention activity.

So, as to your specific question, we don't have any current thoughts about rooms/renovation at the Hilton Orlando LBV. How important is view and what are you looking to get from that - time in room at night on balcony?

Can you get the points back if cancel? Our recent trips to Hotel Plaza Blvd have been at the Holiday Inn due to our view that it is much better value than both Hiltons (although, if you Love BVP - especially the lazy river - than if it opens up agree it is better). If Holiday Inn is still available give it a thought, and keep checking BVP in case of cancellations).

It has been awhile for us staying at the Hilton Orlando LBV. More recently have stayed at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace but also been awhile. Of the two, our preference is BVP since the overall feel is more relaxed than the regular Hilton which used to (haven't been there post-covid) seem to have a lot of group/convention activity.

So, as to your specific question, we don't have any current thoughts about rooms/renovation at the Hilton Orlando LBV. How important is view and what are you looking to get from that - time in room at night on balcony?

Can you get the points back if cancel? Our recent trips to Hotel Plaza Blvd have been at the Holiday Inn due to our view that it is much better value than both Hiltons (although, if you Love BVP - especially the lazy river - than if it opens up agree it is better). If Holiday Inn is still available give it a thought, and keep checking BVP in case of cancellations).
Thanks for the advice.... at this point the Palace isn't an option (booked on points, the rates are now sky high) I like the Hoilday Inn also but I think bc its a busy time I'm locked in here.... I really love a good view and a balcony....morning and night both. (one reason I love the Palace Island rooms)

We stayed here November 2022. I believe they said they did a refresh a few years ago, but we didn't notice. It just looked like a normal Hilton. We've stayed both and normally just go whichever is cheaper! There was no balcony, but we were able to see MK fireworks from our room that faced towards the Palace (and also we very much noticed the Contemporary). We didn't use transportation to the parks as used our own car and got a daily credit from Hilton status to use at the store for coffee/snacks.

We were at the Hilton in summer of 2022 and it was fine. We normally stay on property, moderate rooms or DVC. We had one of those timeshare tour packages, so our room was nothing fancy, but did the job. It’s and older hotel, but it was clean. The little market with breakfast items and coffee was very convenient. We had a car, so we didn’t use the buses.

Thanks for the info- gonna roll with it and enjoy that short walk to the Springs!

We stayed here November 2022. I believe they said they did a refresh a few years ago, but we didn't notice. It just looked like a normal Hilton. We've stayed both and normally just go whichever is cheaper! There was no balcony, but we were able to see MK fireworks from our room that faced towards the Palace (and also we very much noticed the Contemporary). We didn't use transportation to the parks as used our own car and got a daily credit from Hilton status to use at the store for coffee/snacks.
I thought every room at this hotel has a balcony....no? I thought that's what their website said....

I thought every room at this hotel has a balcony....no? I thought that's what their website said....
You booked the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Area, right? We had 2 rooms and no balcony. I think only the Palace has the balconies from what I can see from room photos on the website!

I think only a few of the large suites have balconies. I've never seen anywhere that they even advertise those.

Some first floor rooms facing pool area have patios. Some rooms have views of DS, most probably don't. I've had both.

Sighhhhh on the balconies..... I'm thinking of trying to get a first floor patio room if available at checkin.... only thing is I've read here and there that the floors 8-10 are in better(newer) shape than lower floors,is this true?

We stayed a night here in Nov before checking into our Disney resort. We loved it for its easy walk to DS … some but not all rooms are renovated. We were to be in a renovated room but chose to switch to an older room since it was immediately available … only spent the one night but the room was just fine We didn’t use any of the other amenities except to grab the free coffee and water that comes with the resort fee on our way out. We would have no problem staying here again

I just spent 3 nights there last month and I enjoyed my stay. I was in a renovated room, I believe on the 8th floor, which was very nice and the proximity to Disney Springs was great.

I'm looking at staying at a Disney Springs hotel next year to save a bit of cash.
Should I be looking at the Palace one ?
This thread has confused me as to which one would be better??

I would want a shuttle to the parks and the early entry, I have two kids who will be 9 and 6 next year - staying for a week.

I'm looking at staying at a Disney Springs hotel next year to save a bit of cash.
Should I be looking at the Palace one ?
This thread has confused me as to which one would be better??

I would want a shuttle to the parks and the early entry, I have two kids who will be 9 and 6 next year - staying for a week.
I'll be trying out the Hilton soon- but I really like the palace island rooms near the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter