Hilton Head experts, I have a ?

TammyAlphabet

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Life Member - "excl
My husband, the golf lover extraordiaire, wants to drive from Tennessee to very close to Hilton Head, or all the way there on Saturday, spend the night and then get up early the next morning and check into HH in a studio. Then on Friday night, after we check out of HH, stay the night again closeby. Then drive back home on Saturday. He doen't want to drive when he could be golfing!

We don't want to spend points on a room at the resort, since we are borrowed out the kazoo, and we want to spend as little as possible on those two nights while getting a convenient and comfortable room. A pool for the kids to splash around in is required.

Can anyone help with some suggestions? Thanks!

well, there is the Westin. ooops, (spend as little as possible)

HHI has either nice hotels that charge a lot, or ones that I would be scared of that charge alot for what they offer. this is only my opinion. THere is a nice looking Hampton Inn close to the outlet malls that look like it has a very small pool. You would still have beach access on your check out day for the pool and beach house until around closing time. So you could go cheap with out the pool and just stay at the Disney Beach house while DH plays golf.

Thanks Canda, I did see the Westin, and it looks great but kinda expensive, for just a room, although a longer stay would sure be nice. Do you know of any really cheap places for just one night on both ends of our stay at Hilton Head?

Go to the following website --- biddingfortravel.com This will tell you what winning bids have been going for on Priceline. Go the Priceline route!!! Use the site biddingfortravel.com to give you an indication of how much to bid on the room --- a history of winning bids is placed on this site. You can get a good deal for around $50 to $60 --- is my guess. We love the website biddingfortravel.com ----- it has saved us a ton of money! Good luck!
Go Vols!

We have used hotwire a few times for hotels in HHI. The four stars we have paid for have turned out to be the Westin or the Crowne plaza. There is a hilton garden inn right before the bridge into HHI that is really nice also.
Have fun!
TinkRN

Go to the following website --- biddingfortravel.com This will tell you what winning bids have been going for on Priceline. Go the Priceline route!!! Use the site biddingfortravel.com to give you an indication of how much to bid on the room --- a history of winning bids is placed on this site. You can get a good deal for around $50 to $60 --- is my guess. We love the website biddingfortravel.com ----- it has saved us a ton of money! Good luck!
Go Vols!

I have seen you post before, and I figured you were from Tennessee. I used to live in Martin, Tennessee during my college days? Could you be referring to that town in your name. Nah!!! Probably not. But I live in Murfreesboro now.

I will check out hotwire, I hadn't thought of that. And Priceline too. I will see what I come up with! Thanks!

Hey Tammy Thanks for the post. We're heading to HH first week of June and will need a place to stay for 1 or 2 days. We tried to add days to our ressies, but they are booked up. So.... anybody have any first hand experience with local hotels?

Hey Tammy Thanks for the post. We're heading to HH first week of June and will need a place to stay for 1 or 2 days. We tried to add days to our ressies, but they are booked up. So.... anybody have any first hand experience with local hotels?

THe Westin is the nicest, but most of the time the most expensive. I like the Crowne Plaza. It has a great ocean, pool, an indoor pool, and a pretty good breakfast and/or buffet that can be included with your rate.

The Marriott offers several timeshares and the regular hotel is right by the disney beach house. Last time i stayed there, it was in need of renovations. they may have done this by now.

There is a HolidayInn resort on the beach that is ok, a Comfort Inn (I think) with a very small water park.

There are all kinds of "motor inns" scattered through out the Island. Most IMHO, I would not stay in, but I am a Disney snob.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Bluffton, right after you exit I-95 in March. I found this address on their website:
Hampton Inn & Suites Bluffton-Sun City 29 William Pope Drive, Bluffton, South Carolina, United States 29909
Tel: +1-843-705-9000 Fax: +1-843-705-9008

We found it to be clean and they offered a really nice breakfast in the morning. We stayed the Saturday night before checking into Disney and we'd have no problem staying there again. :thumbsup2

We will never stay at The Red Roof Inn close to the Disney resort again. :scared: It was definately cheap, but lets just say we got what we paid for. :scared:

Come over to Savannah and stay at one of the quality hotels here.

Then on Saturday, you can get up on I-16, take it over to I-75 and go home.

Thanks, you all. It is true you get what you pay for. I get creeped out when a room isn't spotless. Anybody have an idea of what the Westin or Crowne Plaza go for a night.

Savannah.... That's not a bad idea.... Thanks.

When are you looking to go? Are you talking this weekend?, that will determine your choices and prices. HH is not a cheap place during peak times. You might also check on DVC for cash rates though MS.

My husband, the golf lover extraordiaire, wants to drive from Tennessee to very close to Hilton Head, or all the way there on Saturday, spend the night and then get up early the next morning and check into HH in a studio. Then on Friday night, after we check out of HH, stay the night again closeby. Then drive back home on Saturday. He doen't want to drive when he could be golfing!

We don't want to spend points on a room at the resort, since we are borrowed out the kazoo, and we want to spend as little as possible on those two nights while getting a convenient and comfortable room. A pool for the kids to splash around in is required.

Can anyone help with some suggestions? Thanks!
I just had to laugh at your term "golf lover extrodinaire". I'm married to one of those too. We just celebrated our 25th anniversary-the way we've lasted so long is that I've never asked him to choose between me and golf-I'm afraid which he'd choose! As far as your question, check the rates at HHI. I don't know when you're going, but we found the rates in the spring and fall to be very competitive with local hotels. And maybe your DH will take a LITTLE time off from golf.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter