Hilton Head Golf

mort1331

DIS Veteran
Looking at going early to mid feb 2022,,,are the courses open then? What is the price range? Are carts manditory?
As you can see,,,looking for any and all info for this. We have been as a family to HH, but now want to go with buddies and do a golf trip. Looking at 3 or 4 rounds, SeaPines would be a dream, but think out of the price range.
TIA

Looking at going early to mid feb 2022,,,are the courses open then? What is the price range? Are carts manditory?
As you can see,,,looking for any and all info for this. We have been as a family to HH, but now want to go with buddies and do a golf trip. Looking at 3 or 4 rounds, SeaPines would be a dream, but think out of the price range.
TIA
I believe most courses are open at that time of year. It’s a bit chilly but if you are accustomed to that you should be ok.

You can find courses in all price ranges. There migh5 be some deals available as this is considered out of season.

DH is currently at Oyster Reef and routinely golfs 4-5 times a trip, so maybe I can help a little. First, it seems that everywhere requires a cart. Rates are pretty much between $70-$150 a round. Cheapest are typically Hilton Head National, Oyster Reef, and Shipyard, I think. Most expensive are Palmetto Dunes (just across the street, even with the resort discount), and anything in Sea Pines, especially, of course Harbourtown. And the courses are open in February-that's when we went once, because golf rates went up March 1 (or at least they did then). Just one caveat-it's possible at that time of year, if you have an early morning tee time, you'll encounter a "Frost delay", when the greens have frost on them, and you won't tee off until a little later, when the sun burns off the frost. When DH gets back, and after lunch, if I have any more tips, I'll let you know. I'll certainly double-check about the prices.

Thanks all,,little chilly is no problem coming from canada and snow at that time..might even be warm enough for shorts for us

Thanks all,,little chilly is no problem coming from canada and snow at that time..might even be warm enough for shorts for us

We understand. We live in an area BIG on Winter Texans. You can always tell the Canadians-they’re the ones wearing shorts and short sleeves while the locals are bundled up and freezing.

Talked to DH, and the least expensive golf courses, he said, do not include Oyster Reef, but added Dolphin Head (Hilton Head Plantation) as one of the less expensive ones.

Talked to DH, and the least expensive golf courses, he said, do not include Oyster Reef, but added Dolphin Head (Hilton Head Plantation) as one of the less expensive ones.
Thank you to you and your husband. Oyster Reef doesnt seem to bad, Does that include cart? Is it private?

Dolphin Head did used to be private, but just a couple years ago, they opened up to the public. And yes, the price usually includes cart. Oh, and DH said that you can walk (if you do, let them know, and they'll take off some $$) And he said you can walk at Oyster Reef too. Don't know how pricing works.

I have some insight here as well. Yes, courses will be open in February (courses are open year round pretty much anywhere south of Virginia). Carts are required pretty much everywhere, unless it's a late afternoon tee time and then some are walk til dusk.

As far least expensive go, in the offseason, I think you're looking at Dolphin Head and Shipyard (both around $80ish in the offseason with cart). Offseason, Palmetto Dunes isn't too bad. For offseason, you can usually get Arthur Hills for around $90 and Robert Trent Jones for just under $100 (if you're willing to have an early afternoon tee time). Hit em straight.

I have some insight here as well. Yes, courses will be open in February (courses are open year round pretty much anywhere south of Virginia). Carts are required pretty much everywhere, unless it's a late afternoon tee time and then some are walk til dusk.

As far least expensive go, in the offseason, I think you're looking at Dolphin Head and Shipyard (both around $80ish in the offseason with cart). Offseason, Palmetto Dunes isn't too bad. For offseason, you can usually get Arthur Hills for around $90 and Robert Trent Jones for just under $100 (if you're willing to have an early afternoon tee time). Hit em straight.

Also, not sure how I forgot to mention this, but Bear Creek is quite affordable. I've also heard Golden Bear isn't too bad either (never played there).

There are 4 courses in Hilton Head Plantation - Bear Creek, Oyster Reef, Dolphin Head, and HH Country Club (private). Golden Bear is on the opposite side of Rt 278 inside Indigo Run.

We have several jugs of errant golf balls retrieved from our yard. Some of the players are really "entertaining" to watch from the back yard.

There are a LOT of courses on HH although some are private courses.

Enjoy!

Is HH Country Club private now? Or is it different from Country Club of HH (also in the HH Plantation)? I know DH played at one called Country Club of HH and it wasn’t private, at least then. That was about 6 years ago though.

Is HH Country Club private now? Or is it different from Country Club of HH (also in the HH Plantation)? I know DH played at one called Country Club of HH and it wasn’t private, at least then. That was about 6 years ago though.
The one in Hilton Head Plantation is the Country Club of Hilton Head. It is owned by ClubCorp and is a semi-private course where they have reciprocal agreements with other ClubCorp organizations.

I think they may participate in local Golf packages.

PUBLIC COURSES
Sea Pines
Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort
Port Royal
Shipyard
Indigo Run
Hilton Head Plantation
Bluffton/Palmetto Bluff
PRIVATE COURSES

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter