• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hilton Head in mid-March

We have often gome to HH in March. The weather may be in the 80's (and can also be in the 60's). The ocean is a little too cool to swim, but the beach is wonderful for long walks. The pools are heated!

Most water activities are available- including Dolphin cruises, kayaking, canoeing, sailing, fishing, crabbing. There are lots of dining choices available and also a few places to shop ( :) ).

Other activities include golfing, tennis and bike riding is very popular- the island has miles of bike trails.

<a href="http://www.members.tripod.com/~ttowery/">Tommy Towery</a> has a great HH site with lots of great information.

Enjoy!

I agree with Doc, it is a great time to go to HHI. There will not be a jillion people there , so things like waiting to be seated at restaurants will not be a big issue.

We enjoyed a terrific week at DVC HHI in early March this year. :D I'd agree with all that's written above with an exception. We were reeeeeally looking forward to some fishing and crabbing off the pier, having enjoyed it so much in the past during warmer weather. But we were told that the water was too cold and crabbing/fishing season would not resume until late April. The crabbing excursions were not offered either. There are offshore fishing charters on the island but they're a bit pricy. We were disappointed initially but there was plenty to do anyway. We still had lots of fun - it's a great resort. :D Enjoy!

I have to agree with Doc - it's a great time to be in HH! Of course, any time in HH is wonderful! We were just there March 14-18. We used our DVC (studio) as home base while we enjoyed the St. Patrick's Day festivities in Savannah and took a day trip to Charleston. What a fabulous 4 days. As stated, the ocean is cool, but the beach is wonderful to walk on and the pools are heated. Don't hesitate to go in March.:wave:

We have been to HH twice in March. The first year the weather was beautiful. A little cool, but sunny, and since the pools were heated , we were able to use them. This past year, the temps were below normal for MArch -- 50's and 60's. We still enjoyed it, but it was definitely too cold for even a heated pool. There were a lot of folks out by the pools in bathing suits, but we were wearing long pants and jackets !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter