Hilton Head Island accessible rooms?

disneyfreak89

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know how many accessible studios there are at DHHIR? I know they are only in the main lodge with an elevator. Thanks in advance if you can help.

Does anyone know how many accessible studios there are at DHHIR? I know they are only in the main lodge with an elevator. Thanks in advance if you can help.
Bldg 11 and 12 currently are the only studio/1 bedroom combo for HA plus the only current elevator. There are 16 of each in this area, but not sure how many are actually HA rooms.

Dhhir is adding an elevator to bld 28 right now, so it will be interesting to see how many HA rooms this may add.

Bldg 11 and 12 currently are the only studio/1 bedroom combo for HA plus the only current elevator. There are 16 of each in this area, but not sure how many are actually HA rooms.
Yes. That is the question no one seems to know lol Ok thanks anyways.
Dhhir is adding an elevator to bld 28 right now, so it will be interesting to see how many HA rooms this may add.
Yes I saw that! Can't wait!

My guess is that there'll be 3 when they complete the reno-I believe there are currently 2 in the lodge, one on each side of the first floor. And if there's an elevator going into building 28, I'm guessing they'll convert the studio there to HA. There are currently 8 studios in the main building which access the elevator, and another 8 in the attached building 12 (although I can tell you from personal experience that it seems like a l-o-n-g way from 1225 to the elevator).

My guess is that there'll be 3 when they complete the reno-I believe there are currently 2 in the lodge, one on each side of the first floor. And if there's an elevator going into building 28, I'm guessing they'll convert the studio there to HA. There are currently 8 studios in the main building which access the elevator, and another 8 in the attached building 12 (although I can tell you from personal experience that it seems like a l-o-n-g way from 1225 to the elevator).
Thanks for the info and personal experience. We've stayed twice in a studio in the lodge (non HA) and we were fortunate to be close to the elevator both times. My DH owns a mobility scooter and I would rent one so hopefully that will help. We're more concerned with getting a room in the lodge if we can't reserve an HA room since there are no guarantees for requests. I suppose we could have MS make a note that we need to be in the lodge for disabled reasons.
I believe 4--2 each in Bldgs 11 and 12, and each connected to a 1BR. You can confirm this by calling the resort directly. pirate:
Thanks I'll do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter