Hilton Head Island anyone?

emer95

DIS Veteran
Hi, I am looking for advice from anyone who has been to HH. We are considering staying there for our spring break. I'd like to stay in a condo or villa. I've done a ton of online research, but sometimes I get my best suggestions from people on here. Is there any area better than another? We'd like to stay as close to the beach as we can. It will be my husband and I and our two girls, 12 and 13.
Thanks for any help you can give!

DH and I have stayed at the DVC property at HH. There's a really nice resort area called Palmetto Dunes right across rt 278. It has a variety of condos and villas. Some are near tennis and golf, and some closer to the oceanfront. Even the furthest ones away from the beach can't be more than 1/2 or 3/4 mile. I'd say most are within an easy stroll.

We LOVE HHI! We will be there for our Feb. break....warmer than Massachusetts! My parents live in Bluffton.

We have stayed at several places and like them all.

If you want budget, but clean and neat and close to the beach I recommend Hilton Head Resort or Hilton Head Beach and Tennis Resort. Bothare mid island which is nice.

If you want a plantation...gated community, we love Palmetto Dunes. Biketrailsand kayaking all through the resort. Some places are closer tothebeach than others, but you will pay more too. Villamare is oceanfront..highrise, but pricey.

Tjere are several Marriott Timeshare resorts. The nicest is Grand ocean and ison thebeach. but it is pricey.

We always rent through Homeaway or VRBO and have never ever had a problem.It is direct through owners so you have no middle manto deal with.

Hope this helps!!?

We also stayed in Palmetto Dunes, at VillaMare Condos right on the beach.
Loved it!

We're HHI lovers also, spend every Thanksgiving there. We've also spent a few Spring Breaks there. Although we always stay at the DVC resort there, we've looked around the island as we were considering buying. Like everyone else here, we like Palmetto Dunes, but Sea Pines is rather popular also.

My parents have stayed at Island Club for YEARS. It's right on the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter