Hilton Head or Vero Beach

We have stayed in both and enjoy both for different reasons.

I would lean a little more towards HH since you have teenage sons. They have the option of going for a walk/on their own a few minutes/day/evening. They can walk to restaurants/shops and the marina is right there too. Bike riding might be better for them at HH also.

I would lean a little more towards HH since you have teenage sons. They have the option of going for a walk/on their own a few minutes/day/evening. They can walk to restaurants/shops and the marina is right there too. Bike riding might be better for them at HH also.
Agree. While VB may be slightly cooler, it wouldn't be much, and the ocean is maybe a mile away as the crow flies at HHI. The ocean breezes there at the Beach House are quite refreshing. Back at the resort proper, it sits on an island and the backside of it (and several guest buildings) sit on a large inland marsh which also brings a nice breeze. I think the breeziest place off the beach actually is the wrap-around drive at the main resort where most everyone parks. It sits on the marina and there is quite the wind tunnel there at times.

I have been to both several times. I love both, but so much more to do on HHI.
VB is lovely, but unless you have an oceanfront room or are staying in a cottage you can see ocean due the foliage and landscaping. Not much happening around the resort. It’s actual about 25 minutes north of VB, bordering Sebastian.
While HHI is inland from the ocean, it is surrounded by water and you get the sunsets.
Biking is big on HHI. Boating& Fishing. So May restaurant choice. And the Sea Pine Plantation area has a lot of cool things with a Lighthouse. Oh, and if you golf, it’s the place to be. Great shopping too. Outlets right over bridge in Bluffton too.

My family if from NJ and we have done a few trips where we stop at HHI for 4 night and then continue to WDW for 4-6 night.

How do they compare for summer temps? You can read things online, but how do they "feel"? I am guessing Vero might actually be cooler since it is right on the ocean. We have been at Vero many times, but not to HHI DVC.
We were at Vero and HHI this August.
Surface of the sun hot at Vero.
Regular super hot at HHI. 😂
So no, the ocean did not have any cooling effect at all when we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter