Hilton Head - Questions about (policies and items to pack questions)

kdphi94

Earning My Ears
We are heading to Disneys Hilton Head resort this July for a 5 night getaway. First visit to the resort. As we are driving in from out of town, I am trying to minimize items that we bring with us, and also bring the items that may be most useful on this beach vacation. That said:
1) At the Disney beach, do they rent, provide, make available chairs and/or umbrellas? If so, at what cost?
2) Do they have any restrictions about brining food, coolers, my own stuff to the beach or the pool? (just came from a resort that restricted us from bringing in anything besides water in lieu of charging $20+/drink and high fees for snacks)
3) Coffee makers in the room (I presume) - are they K-cup compatible, and are coffee pods made available?
4) Night time kids activities? My kids are very active when we cruise, and look forward to meeting up and hanging out with kids / kids clubs, if available.
5) Anything you wish you brought with you, but did not?

We plan to do breakfast and lunches in the room, maybe a few dinners, and go out for a few dinners and snacks. A few days on the beach, some hikes, nature watching, and most of all, spending time with the growing kids, shutting down the phones and laptops.

Thank you in advance.

We are heading to Disneys Hilton Head resort this July for a 5 night getaway. First visit to the resort. As we are driving in from out of town, I am trying to minimize items that we bring with us, and also bring the items that may be most useful on this beach vacation. That said:
1) At the Disney beach, do they rent, provide, make available chairs and/or umbrellas? If so, at what cost?
2) Do they have any restrictions about brining food, coolers, my own stuff to the beach or the pool? (just came from a resort that restricted us from bringing in anything besides water in lieu of charging $20+/drink and high fees for snacks)
3) Coffee makers in the room (I presume) - are they K-cup compatible, and are coffee pods made available?
4) Night time kids activities? My kids are very active when we cruise, and look forward to meeting up and hanging out with kids / kids clubs, if available.

We plan to do breakfast and lunches in the room, maybe a few dinners, and go out for a few dinners and snacks. A few days on the beach, some hikes, nature watching, and most of all, spending time with the growing kids, shutting down the phones and laptops.

Thank you in advance.
You'll probably get more answers if you post this over on the Hilton Head Thread in the DVC section.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/hhi-owners-and-beach-lovers-group-thread.3836805/

Thank you in advance.
As dansdad mentions, there is a thread devoted to HHI, and you can find a wealth of info there. However, here are some answers to you questions (I also post on that other thread).
1) No. However, you can rent them from https://www.shorebeach.com/index.php/rentals This is the same group who staff the lifeguards on the beach. Some people opt to buy some cheap ones from a local Walmart or the huge Kroger that is very close to the resort and then leave them behind for someone else to use. Disney does provide towels at the Beach House for the pool (same ones as at the main pool on the resort proper), and those may absolutely be taken to the beach and then placed in the towel return once you leave the beach. Now, they're not huge beach towels, but they are free to use.
2) No restrictions except alcohol on the beach. HHI itself has a no alcohol policy, although if you are discreet, it's unlikely anyone will say anything to you. You may bring whatever you like to either Disney pool, with the exception being glass containers. A little known fact: you can have DoorDash or Uber Eats, et.al. deliver to the Beach House if the fare there isn't to your liking or the Surfmen's Sand Bar hasn't opened up yet (or has closed).
3) The coffee makers are of varying makes currently. Most are conical drip makers, and you can request extra coffee from the front desk at any time. (Well, I wouldn't call them at midnight or the like pirate: )
4) There aren't a lot of night time kids activities. The pool closes at 9 pm that time of year, and there are various kids and adults games throughout the day and early evening. If you go to that HHI thread mentioned above, you should be able to see a fairly current weekly schedule of events for the resort. Still, kids love HHI because it is so laid back and you can focus on family time--playing giant checkers, bocce ball, basketball, corn hole, horseshoes, and more. You can also rent movies (free) from the Mercantile to play in the Blu-ray players in the rooms. And the front desk has a small trading pin area, as well as other families there often having one, too.
5) The resort provides pretty much all you need: extra towels, soap, TP, pots/pans, etc. No need to bring grilling utensils for the numerous grills (both propane and charcoal) throughout the resort--call the front desk and they'll run you over a set! I would bring bug spray and suntan lotion and potentially water. While the water at HHI is better than in Florida, it's still not as good as the water you may have at home.
Edited to add: plan to rent bicycles. It's a fun way to get around the entire island, and kids will love riding the bikes on the various trails. You can even bike to the Beach House (1.5 miles away and totally safe). While you can rent them from the resort once you arrive, given you'll be there in July which is about the busiest time of year, there is no guarantee Disney will have the bikes you need. If you want to be sure, reserve them ahead of time at any number of reputable bike rental companies, all of which will deliver to the resort.
Enjoy!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter