Hilton head questions re: parking with a trailer and beach shuttles

Lisa loves Pooh

DIS Veteran
We are consider a slight detour in our drive to relocate to Florida with a stop at Hilton head.

1. Will there be any issues with parking my SUV and UHaul I will be towing? Will I be able to park close to our assigned building or remotely? Clearly I am going to occupy a few spaces. So knowing if this is doable or frowned upon will influence our decision.

2. How late does the beach shuttle run? We'd like a quick visit to the beach, but don't necessarily want to have to walk there and back.

3. And one extra question--closest Catholic Church to the resort?

We found a decent cash rate so hope this is doable.

TIA

I know that last October the last shuttle back from the beach was at 6pm. I think the shuttles started at 10am. It seems the beach house and pathway to the Beach were closed most of the time when their was not a shuttle.

We are consider a slight detour in our drive to relocate to Florida with a stop at Hilton head.

1. Will there be any issues with parking my SUV and UHaul I will be towing? Will I be able to park close to our assigned building or remotely? Clearly I am going to occupy a few spaces. So knowing if this is doable or frowned upon will influence our decision.

2. How late does the beach shuttle run? We'd like a quick visit to the beach, but don't necessarily want to have to walk there and back.

3. And one extra question--closest Catholic Church to the resort?

We found a decent cash rate so hope this is doable.

TIA
I'm not sure you'll be able to park the trailer at the resort, you should call them directly to see and get the name of who you talk with if you get an OK. There are 2 catholic churches that I am aware of. They are Holy Family on Pope Ave & St. Francis on Beach City Rd. They are probably about equidistant.

They do have an overflow parking lot but. I don't know about a moving truck if it would fit. I would call them maybe you could call one of the gates storage place and do a short contact I think the shuttle is only till 6 pm it is a very short drive to get to beach. As far as church I saw a lot o different types on the way into island but didn't see any on the island

I think it will depend on when you are going and if the resort is full for the parking your SUV and UHaul trailer on property. There may be additional space at the end where the kayaks are. Things tend to slow down this time of year, especially during the week.

If you they won't have space on property the next option would be the parking lot at Shelter Cove by Kingfisher.

I called. I think this plan will need to be scrapped.

He mentioned that ordinance would allow an unhitched trailer in a space by itself. But it could not stay hitched. I would have to park in an Rv lot that is 5 minutes away by car. And I am trying to avoid unhitching and hitching a loaded trailer by myself. Bummer.

Thanks for the help.

I called. I think this plan will need to be scrapped.

He mentioned that ordinance would allow an unhitched trailer in a space by itself. But it could not stay hitched. I would have to park in an Rv lot that is 5 minutes away by car. And I am trying to avoid unhitching and hitching a loaded trailer by myself. Bummer.

Thanks for the help.
The same will be true at WDW as well as I understand it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter